Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc build need gfx card help

Options
  • 10-01-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

hey folks im in the process of putting together a shopping list for a pc build. i have all parts, but am having problems choosing a graphics card for my build there is just too many options out their lol.
    here is what i got so far, im happy with other item but any thoughts welcome.

the gfx card in the image is what i was going for but now im not too sure lol.
    thanks in advance
    pcshoplist.png
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

You can build a much better system for that price and get a high end gfx card.

Consider going down the AMD route

13zn0ig.jpg

This is almost a full system with case for < €400. Just a quick example of AMD goodness.

But if your sticking to that system. Try a 6870 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

ati 5770 will run everything v well on a 22 monitor

On a nice new build with gaming in mind, would be recommended to go with GTX 460 or ATI 6850.. read reviews to see which you like

If you really have money to blow or a much bigger monitor.. then would recommend the ati 6950 or nvidia GTX 470

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Jonny7 wrote: »
    ati 5770 will run everything v well on a 22 monitor

On a nice new build with gaming in mind, would be recommended to go with GTX 460 or ATI 6850.. read reviews to see which you like

If you really have money to blow or a much bigger monitor.. then would recommend the ati 6950 or nvidia GTX 470

Monitor size doesn't matter, its the resolution thats important. Theres no difference in performance between a 22' 1080p and a 42' 1080p monitor with the same graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

sorry the i5 sandybridge processor im gettin destroy's the amd x4 965 black and the x6 on most benchmarks i seen.

i use a 40" bravia 1080p for my pc oh and i have a pc case all ready its the lexa s

i was thinkin of goin for the zotac gforce gtx 460 anyone. got one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

deconduo wrote: »
    Monitor size doesn't matter, its the resolution thats important. Theres no difference in performance between a 22' 1080p and a 42' 1080p monitor with the same graphics card.

I know but its just easier to generalise if they don't know much

22inch usually equals about 1680x1050

24inch up to 1920x

and 26 and above 2560x

3 different cards really

• Advertisement
Advertisement