Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good venue for 30th in cork city?

Options
  • 10-01-2011 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

does anyone know a good function room in cork city or south suburbs for a fancy dress party of about 80 people.
    i am 30 next month and want to throw a good party.
    nothing too pricey hopefully;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

went to a few parties upstairs in the ovens on oliver plunkett street,no problems there whatsoever,it might be a bit small for 80,Soho on grand parade also have a private function room which would suit your 80+ a bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

My house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I was at a 30th in Flannerys in Glasheen a couple of years ago, that was fancy dress too. Easily fit 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Soho have an excellent faciltity with its own smoking room and all but its a bit pricey. Great finger food but again you pay more for it then regular places.

Ovens is grand and I reckon that crowd could fit but not many more.
    Spailpin Fanacht was always the best room to rent, not sure if they do the sausages or sandwiches or whatever.
    an crannog have a room they rent out if its not being used for giggs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Upstairs in Larry Tompkins. The middle bar in the Bailey. Upstairs in ther Long Valley, (not sure what its like, only heard about it the other day).
    One place Id love to go, is upstairs in the Opera house, looks fab.

IMO soho is very expensive for a party. Yes the food is fab but not worth the money as people dont care about the food at birthday parties. A few samwiches and saussie is all thats needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

May or may not be your thing but The Franciscan Well has a private/function room, you'd have to call them for more info than that, I just know they have one.

Advertisement