Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waltons School of Music

Options
  • 10-01-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

I posted this in the Bands & Musicians forum, but it died on its ass. I guess I should have posted it here, as it is more of a general query.

I am a guitarist from Cork who moved to Dublin a couple of years back and I have been looking to get back involved in the music scene, i.e. join a band or something.

So, I have been mulling over doing a music course in the evenings so that I would have some regular contact with musicians. I had a look at Waltons and I am wondering if anyone has done a guitar course with them? Has anyone availed of individual tutoring there?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Starting a group class there in a week so I'll let you know how that goes.

I went to Dublin School of guitar for a year or so if that's any use, couldn't recommend it highly enough. Got me from the most basic of crappy Oasis songs to a wide spectrum of jazz, blues and flamenco in little or no time at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Starting a group class there in a week so I'll let you know how that goes.

I went to Dublin School of guitar for a year or so if that's any use, couldn't recommend it highly enough. Got me from the most basic of crappy Oasis songs to a wide spectrum of jazz, blues and flamenco in little or no time at all.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

I got private lessons for around a year or so in Waltons. My experience with it wasn't the best and I wouldn't rate it very highly. It could have just been my teacher though. I learned a few small things while there but the organisation of the lessons were all over the place. My teacher would often forget what we went over or just didn't know what to teach me.

I'm now going to the Dublin School of Guitar on Harrington Street and I really enjoy the lessons. I get taught by Mark Collins and he's a sound guy. Would recommend it any day over Waltons

Advertisement