Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover up

Options
  • 10-01-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey when I was alot younger i decided to get a tattoo...a pink playboy bunny...its about 6 cm in length and 2.5 cm in width. I decided I want a cover up. I dont regret getting it as I was going through stuff at the time and it was me rebelling/taking control of my life so there is a story behind it but i think it would be nice to change it at this stage in my life Im not that old but I did get it nearly 10 years ago so any suggestions on what I could get to cover it up? I'm open to suggestions thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Does it have a black outline?

basically with all cover ups you have to go a fair bit bigger than the original piece. imo the classic mistake with cover ups is asking "what will cover this?". you should be asking "what do i want?", and then move from there by talking with a tattooist.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

unfortunately yes it does have a black out line... its gonna be a hard one to cover up. if i cant find something i like then ill just keep it as it is...it tells a story for me at the end of the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

i think i would like something with stars but i dont think it would work unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

LoopyL wrote: »
    i think i would like something with stars but i dont think it would work unfortunately :(

stars rarely make a good cover up, tbh. if you were to try and cover something 6x2.5 cm with a single star, the star would need to be like 8.5 cm plus, and dark enough on the interior to hide the black outline. it would be a very obvious cover up indeed.

that's not to say the tattoo would be hard to cover I should think. usually something like flowers or other similar full color design works well

Advertisement