Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Those who purchased the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor this past fall received an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta.

I have to get that beta !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ponster wrote: »
    I have to get that beta !!!
    time to buy medal of honour for me i think!!!
    i wonder with the wording though the way it says people who bought it in the fall , so presumably if you get it now they wont give you beta??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

time to buy medal of honour for me i think!!!
    i wonder with the wording though the way it says people who bought it in the fall , so presumably if you get it now they wont give you beta??

The wording said it was reliant on the beta being out within a year of the MoH release as well, which limits the time frame to before November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

please don't be **** please don't be **** please don't be ****

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Grim. wrote: »
    please don't be **** please don't be **** please don't be ****
    EA is making it. Course it'll be sh|t. The only thing you have to ask is: how many patches will be needed before it works on your system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

EA are publishing it. DICE are making it.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    EA are publishing it. DICE are making it.
    Aye. DICE makes great things, but if EA are involved in the process, it usually turns things sh|t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If it is even a tad better then VIETNAM it will be an absolute UBER GAME. I cannot believe the difference between playing BFBC2 and VIETNAM, honestly the Vietnam game is just STONKINGLY GOOD in so many ways.....

I would be happy if they just kept releasing new maps for BFBC2:VM :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If it is even a tad better then VIETNAM it will be an absolute UBER GAME. I cannot believe the difference between playing BFBC2 and VIETNAM, honestly the Vietnam game is just STONKINGLY GOOD in so many ways....

nnoooo please don’t make it like that travesty that carries the Battlefield name,

I just hope and pray for a game that has been made primarily for the PC and then hopefully ported to the consoles, please don’t fcuk it up

Auvers wrote: »
    nnoooo please don’t make it like that travesty that carries the Battlefield name,

I just hope and pray for a game that has been made primarily for the PC and then hopefully ported to the consoles, please don’t fcuk it up
    what do you dislike about bad company 2 vietnam ?? most people seem to prefer it to bbc2

• Advertisement

what do you dislike about bad company 2 vietnam ?? most people seem to prefer it to bbc2

don't like either of em, at the end of the day its a console shooter ported to PC, the movement of the player is terrible you can quite easily see it was created for a pad, maps are way to small, vehicle handling is brutal, and the worst sin of all in the regenerating health :mad:

I have always played the BF series and I wouldn't consider either BBC2 or BBC2-V worthy of the battlefield name

don't like either of em, at the end of the day its a console shooter ported to PC, the movement of the player is terrible you can quite easily see it was created for a pad, maps are way to small, vehicle handling is brutal, and the worst sin of all in the regenerating health :mad:

I have always played the BF series and I wouldn't consider either BBC2 or BBC2-V worthy of the battlefield name
    Ah but the very reasons you dislike them are the very reasons they kept these games under the bad company banner , battlefield 3 hopefully will have a few nice epic maps again along with some tight ones , will be interesting to see what sort of maps they go for

Ah but the very reasons you dislike them are the very reasons they kept these games under the bad company banner , battlefield 3 hopefully will have a few nice epic maps again along with some tight ones , will be interesting to see what sort of maps they go for
    Agreed. Hoping frostbite engine, planes, and bombs that make buildings vanish. Oh, and CTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm thinking they'll offer the beta also for pre-order. Don't fancy picking up MoH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If it has

1. Commander Mode
    2. Waypoint system
    3. Commo Rose
    4. Cmmdr>Squad Leader>Squad Member hierarchy
    5. Proper 'order' system, similar to BF2/2142
    6. Spawn on Squad leader only
    7. Large, 64 player maps
    8. Frostbite 2
    9. Decent Net code
    Then I'll definitely get it.

Who am I kidding, of course I'll buy it. Even if its sh1t. Just to play it, and moan about how sh1t it is.

Then go back to it a few months later and realise its the best thing since sliced bread!!

Some of the very things people moan about in BFBC2 will be the very things they will moan about if LEFT OUT of BF3.....

I mean if they left the likes of destructable enviroments out of BF3 it would be a step backwards...the only thing missing from the BF series out of BFBC2 are the quality of the maps TBH....

As for the actual handling of the men they handle quite similiar to BF2 just alot quicker.....In fact the actual speed of the BFBC2 game was perfect, not too fast like BLOPS and not too slow like 2142. Admittingly, while playing these games they did not feel slow at the time. But going back now to play them is a NO GO.

People complain about the destructible environment?

:p

For me, its really the things left out of BC2 that I want back. But as I'm always saying, I don't see BC2 as a 'real' successor to the BF series anyway, more like an off-shoot.

Like how 'Angel' was to 'Buffy' or 'Deep Space 9' to 'Star Trek' lol

It is fun, but lacks all the tactical play of the BF series proper.

WTF....you just lost all credability with that last post.....ffs....BUFFY indeed. :eek::eek:

Safe to say, you wont catch me ALONE on teamspeak again with you ya homo.:cool:

WTF....you just lost all credability with that last post.....ffs....BUFFY indeed. :eek::eek:

Safe to say, you wont catch me ALONE on teamspeak again with you ya homo.:cool:

Jaysus that was some rant. Did Angel do bad things to you in the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

the only thing missing from the BF series out of BFBC2 are the quality of the maps TBH....

BF2 had 3, maybe 4 decent maps at a stretch? Most of them were awful iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Here's what I want..

1) planes +choppers...if they don't have em then they're not a battlefield game
    2) Prone - Real snipers shoot from prone...crouch is for console noobs with **** graphics
    3) No regenerated health - Medic packs only
    4) To stop the noobs from whinging about planes have fighter jets strictly for air to air battles and bombers for bombing land targets with maybe 1-2 air missiles for defense...maybe get rid of the lock-ons for ground targets
    5) Bring back transport planes like in BF1942...goddamn that was great fun...

actually fúck it....remodel BF1942 completely on the frostbite engine but don't touch anything game wise :D

Jim wrote: »
    BF2 had 3, maybe 4 decent maps at a stretch? Most of them were awful iirc.

Depends on the player really. I loved maps most didn't, and got bored of maps most people did like.

I loved Sharqi, Daqing, Songhua (sp?) Stalemate, Kubra Dam. Used to like Karkand, but got bored really quick when that's all the majority of players seemed to want to play.

I even loved Zatar and Gulf of Oman.

Hated Wake Island.

So IMO, there were a LOT of very good maps (and that's without counting expansions).

Hated Wake Island.

It's times like this I wish I was still mod of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Depends on the player really. I loved maps most didn't, and got bored of maps most people did like.

I loved Sharqi, Daqing, Songhua (sp?) Stalemate, Kubra Dam. Used to like Karkand, but got bored really quick when that's all the majority of players seemed to want to play.

I even loved Zatar and Gulf of Oman.

Hated Wake Island.

So IMO, there were a LOT of very good maps (and that's without counting expansions).

you forgot Mashtur City...fantastic map :)

As for the actual handling of the men they handle quite similiar to BF2 just alot quicker.....In fact the actual speed of the BFBC2 game was perfect, not too fast like BLOPS and not too slow like 2142. Admittingly, while playing these games they did not feel slow at the time. But going back now to play them is a NO GO.

huh :confused: you honestly believe that the movement was better in BFBC2 than BF2 on the PC?

BC has horrid, cluky controls that are just not fluid at all and I dont want to even start on the appaling vehicle handling

as for the older games being a no-go thats just not true, I still play BF2 (never liked 2142) and the odd game of Vietnam and it still mops the floor with the tarted up mess that is BC2 in terms of squad tactics and gameplay

I agree with everything Dublin_Gunner has suggested being in BF3 and of course there will be a destructible environment, oh imagine Karkand where you could level the city :cool:

I do think that Dice will catapult BF3 as the premier online FPS by giving us something special, I just hope they dont dilute it with COD\BC2 console style gameplay

It's times like this I wish I was still mod of this forum.

So you were one of the reason that god awful map got played so much. Grrr...
    Sc@recrow wrote: »
    you forgot Mashtuur City...fantastic map :)

Ah yes, how could I forget :) Loved that map too!

I do think that Dice will catapult BF3 as the premier online FPS by giving us something special, I just hope they dont dilute it with COD\BC2 console style gameplay

That's the only way they will be able to make it the #1 online fps. Something I hope they don't aim for.

That's the only way they will be able to make it the #1 online fps. Something I hope they don't aim for.

Yep.

Let us BFers stick to REAL BF.

Should be a few million of us, so enough for the game to hit the number 1 spot on PC anyway.

Once its not made in anyway shape or form to release on a console, we should be ok.

Something I hope they don't aim for.

that why I said premier ;)

as for the #1 FPS accolade, hopefully that will stay in CODs court for as long as possible

• Advertisement

2) Prone - Real snipers shoot from prone...crouch is for console noobs with **** graphics
    Prone if using a sniper rifle, or is standing/crouching, the "stand" part of the rifle has to be on a wall or something. If standing freely, have massive recoil, and not able to aim correctly.
    4) To stop the noobs from whinging about planes have fighter jets strictly for air to air battles and bombers for bombing land targets with maybe 1-2 air missiles for defense...maybe get rid of the lock-ons for ground targets
    Erm, no. If planes can't bomb the ground, why bother having them? Also, more planes will just dive into tanks if that's the case.
    actually fúck it....remodel BF1942 completely on the frostbite engine but don't touch anything game wise :D
    Agreed 200%

Advertisement