Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I always have fast reloading, thermal undies, and canister shell for the tank. Far more capable and faster firing than waiting for a damn tank shell to lock on.

The laser (3rd seat) thing is great for engaging heli's, but sh1t against other land vehicles, it just takes too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Maybe it's just me, but would anyone else love to have the option of being able to change your loadout during a Multiplayer session, for example: Your playing as an Engineer and you start of with an RPG, but then during the match you'd like to get your hands on a Stinger. What about the idea of having a Loadout case back at your deployment base or even for he Heli's to be able to drop one somewhere on the map. Then lets say you hava limit as to how many times you can swap your weapons during a match or until your killed. Anyone else thing this would be a good/bad idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

tiny timy wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but would anyone else love to have the option of being able to change your loadout during a Multiplayer session, for example: Your playing as an Engineer and you start of with an RPG, but then during the match you'd like to get your hands on a Stinger. What about the idea of having a Loadout case back at your deployment base or even for he Heli's to be able to drop one somewhere on the map. Then lets say you hava limit as to how many times you can swap your weapons during a match or until your killed. Anyone else thing this would be a good/bad idea?
    You can change it when you're killed anyway,just hit the suicide button if you're that desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

i think that would be a bad idea

Eh no, that would be crap IMO (too easy to switch weapons etc)

However I'd like to have access to my loadout screen during a match - not just when I'm dead (i.e like all previous BF games).

Also, if I select a spawn point, and if that point is taken just as I'm spawning, I wish it would take me back to the spawn screen, instead of auto-spawning me at the base.

That is my biggest gripe with the game so far I'd say.

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You can change it when you're killed anyway,just hit the suicide button if you're that desperate.

Why would you want to kill yourself? Your there to win

Also, if I select a spawn point, and if that point is taken just as I'm spawning, I wish it would take me back to the spawn screen, instead of auto-spawning me at the base.

That is my biggest gripe with the game so far I'd say.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with you on that point!!!!!! Sickens me

Anyone suffering bad lag or even drop outs the last few nights?

^^^ The 'edit' button is your friend!

For connecting issues, this thread should give you some hope / anger / explanation / realisation that you're not on your own!

Why would you want to kill yourself? Your there to win
    I said if you're that desperate.
    It would be a terrible idea anyway and would make the support class redundant,why would anyone need to resupply if they can just change weapon when out of ammo???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

would make the support class redundant,why would anyone need to resupply if they can just change weapon when out of ammo???

With an LMG and C4, support will be far from redundant sometimes i forget support has ammo.

would make the support class redundant,why would anyone need to resupply if they can just change weapon when out of ammo???

With an LMG and C4, support will be far from redundant [b[sometimes i forget support has ammo[/b].
    I'm sure your teammates love you :)
    Maybe not redundant but resupply is a big part of support class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have to say, the game feels more and more like COD in relation to the upgrades for the vehicles IMHO....very dissapointed TBH.

You grind away for these super de duper upgrades and unlock them and TBH the tanks and heli's feel the exact same. I unlocked the ECM last night and I am getting hit left right and centre it blocks **** all. Its says that it has both capabilities to block laser and heat seekers so what the **** is going on it has to be a bug coz it blocks nothing.

Same with the laser guided tank missiles, I have hit a tank from the side with the guided missile before it even sees me then hit it with normal shells and the other tank turns and hits me twice even with all my reactive armour and or maintance....a load of bollocks and so dissapointing.

Might aswell equip smoke and fast re loading...its alot better. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

28wfkmq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bet your bollocks I am pissed off....TBH I do most of my damage on foot.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Bet your bollocks I am pissed off....
    Sure you have enough points anyway!

Never....sure I seen a lad today with 20 or 30 more points.....;)

Seen a lovely vid of karkand today....it is the exact same as old but with todays visuals. Also gulf of oman.....GREAT STUFF.

All we need now is WAKE ISLAND which TBH peeps either love or hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Seen a lovely vid of karkand today....it is the exact same as old but with todays visuals. Also gulf of oman.....GREAT STUFF.

All we need now is WAKE ISLAND which TBH peeps either love or hate.

I am sooooo looking forward to the expansion pack. I want to relive 2006 all over again :). I for one loved Wake Island!

Out in Decmeber :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My first time playing since skyrim. Man its good to be back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Spear wrote: »
    --cut--
    New BtK footage.
    The destruction looks unbelievable. Looks also like we're getting vertical take-off and land jets. :eek: :p

Never mind the F-35's, I want the forklift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Decryptor wrote: »
    The destruction looks unbelievable. Looks also like we're getting vertical take-off and land jets. :eek: :p

Well we had them on the same map in BF2
    Hopefully the imbalance is fixed though, as last time around the F35(JSF) was far inferior to the MiG

The same was true with the F-18 vrs MiG, but that seems perferctly balanced in current Air Maps.

Same to be seen for the J-10...which was crazily Overpowered

Hopefully we get some 2 seater bombers like last time, the Su35 used to do mega damage...and would be amazing given the destructive environment this time round :D:)

^^ loved sitting in the bomber seat! Utter rampageness.

The jet whores will be back for the first week I image, I love how everyone was queuing for jets in the Beta, then after 10 mins when they realised that EVERYTHING had anti-air capability and most of your round was spent with a Lock-On tone...that they all stopped :) :, and also that you don't get the points you'd expect :P
    Not uncommon to find 2 empty jets on the runway in games nowadays.

But I think the F35 and (fingers crossed), the SU35 will entice them all back :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not sure was it Desert Combat, or Interstate 82, were you could drive forklifts around on an oil-rig?
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    most of your round was spent with a Lock-On tone...that they all stopped :)
    The ones who kept at it have found that after a few unlocks, the personal anti-air rocket launchers are ineffective when you get stealth... also, there seems to be some sort of "automatic flare" unlock that pops flares when the missile is approaching the aircraft?

=-=

http://www.warishellgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27999

The "beam scanning" on the aircraft, once you have it, you can dominate easy enough. Will probably get a new joystick as my X52 isn't working all that well anymore.

the_syco wrote: »
    also, there seems to be some sort of "automatic flare" unlock that pops flares when the missile is approaching the aircraft?

=-=

http://www.warishellgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27999

The "beam scanning" on the aircraft, once you have it, you can dominate easy enough. Will probably get a new joystick as my X52 isn't working all that well anymore.

I'm pretty sure there's not Jerry, I have all the jet unlocks and don't have any auto flare thing.
    EMC Jammer is useless
    Also, for Beam scanning, I'd have to sacrifice my Rocket pods, and it's only useful for locking on quicker and most jet kills are via GUN and not rockets anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I would really love if all vehicles were drive-able in the game,
    like the civilian cars for example.

Would be so fun, flying around at higher speeds than all other road vehicles,

pissing off tanks, trying to avoid their shells.

And it would also be cool if you could suicide bomb with them.

This wouldn't suit the US And Russian teams obviously, would be cool if you could fight as the home side.

Since there's suicide car bombers coming at you in the Single Player,

it would be easy to implement driveable civilian cars.

I'm having serious fun with Mercenaries 2 lately, where everything in the game is driveable, even the jet skis and dinghies!

Advertisement