Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

If there were a few extra vehicles like the quads and jet skis from BC2 it would be handy on some of the bigger maps. I would imagine that random vehicles would be easy fodder for tanks.

Of course you can plant C4 on jeeps and kamikaze tanks with those.
    Also anyone actually use jeeps as mobile ammo/health stations as part of a squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

5uspect wrote: »
    If there were a few extra vehicles like the quads and jet skis from BC2 it would be handy on some of the bigger maps. I would imagine that random vehicles would be easy fodder for tanks.

Also anyone actually use jeeps as mobile ammo/health stations as part of a squad?
    Kharg Island and Caspian Borders could really do with a few quads on the consoles,it's heartbreaking having to run from flag to flag on conquest and when you get there it's already captured and you're team have driven off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

5uspect wrote: »

I didn't realize you could do that with your own vehicles!

Must give it a go! :D

Drop the packs on the bonnet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hopefully this is the real date. Just around the corner too :)

http://battlefieldo.com/bf3s-back-to-karkand-release-date/

Edit: Also Wake Island footage too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Oh...it's not the chinese ? Russians have take over Wake :P

Also, a lot of Non BF2/1942 vets might not know...but there is no Russian Uncap base in this one, you can lose all your bases...so expet rape everywhere :D:)
    Not only that, but if the US capture the airfield, Russians lose both their jets and their chopper, and the US gain an extra one ...so its 3v0

Well, that's they way it was :) :d...ahhhhhhh...can't wait :D

Seems the caspian Border Antenna is now destructible in the latest PS3 update. Hope this comes to PC soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Seems the caspian Border Antenna is now destructible in the latest PS3 update. Hope this comes to PC soon!

That's pretty f'in awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

PS3 get's BTK a week early, and gets this patch early too!

Has this always been the case with pathces?

Or maybe "patch" singular to be more accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

waveform wrote: »
    PS3 get's BTK a week early, and gets this patch early too!

Has this always been the case with pathces?

Or maybe "patch" singular to be more accurate!

PS3 and XBOX are always (usually) the last to get the patches for multi-platform games. This is due to the submission process the patch has to go through before its allowed to be available for download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, sure the ps3 etc is only getting the patch we got last week or whatever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah, sure the ps3 etc is only getting the patch we got last week or whatever.....

I think there's more in this patch than our one. Also they got karkand coming out a week before us so i imagine there's some stuff in that too. Big question is did they nerf the F2000.

So anyways what the hell happened the AN-94 between this and BC2, it's utter crap compared to other weapons. F2000 and it swapped places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Hopefully this is the real date. Just around the corner too :)

http://battlefieldo.com/bf3s-back-to-karkand-release-date/

Edit: Also Wake Island footage too

'User' removed the wake video??

They must of been told to take it down

WTF is it with peeps giving out about the INRV scope....its a scope ffs! Whats next giving out about the the Kobra and Holo scopes coz they zoom quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

its not at the IRNV , it just all directed at you wonda-boy ,

don't get it my self , lots of hate at the F2000 and IRNV , it will prob get its wings clipped in a patch at some stage. Having them equipped even hasn't stopped me dieing endlessly at the end of an array of weapons. and its narrow field off vision prob costs me more kills than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

You should be allowed up the tower now, imagine sniping from up there only for it to get destroyed and fall to the ground!

The IRNV and F2000 are popular choices you you're going to meet them a lot. It's a quick weapon so you're more than likely going to come out dead when you round a corner come face to face with it so it is frustrating.

One thing about the IRNV scope is that it offers good contrast over any distance. On dark maps like Tehran it's great for spotting sneaky little feckers.
    But it's basically just applying a colourmap to your view. Perhaps it would be better to blur or reduce it's heat sensitivity over long distances or conversely make close targets glow larger than their physical size due to overexposure. Also it could have a laggy motion blur effect where hot spots ghost or smear across the view somewhat.
    That way it has some optical aberrations that may make it more realistic perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's not Jerry, I have all the jet unlocks and don't have any auto flare thing.
    It'll be a hack, then. I'm talking about missile coming from behind, and when it gets close, the flares pop out. I have locked onto someone for a while, and no flares, but after I shoot the heat seeker at him, when it gets close, out pops the flares.
    waveform wrote: »
    like the civilian cars for example.

Would be so fun, flying around at higher speeds than all other road vehicles
    C4 + moving petrol truck would equal fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

the_syco wrote: »
    It'll be a hack, then. I'm talking about missile coming from behind, and when it gets close, the flares pop out. I have locked onto someone for a while, and no flares, but after I shoot the heat seeker at him, when it gets close, out pops the flares.

C4 + moving petrol truck would equal fun :D

Well the lock sound and the tracking sound are different so once the lock changes to track, the guy could just be looking around him for the trail of the incoming rocket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

the_syco wrote: »

Just wait until the flare is missile is right behind you to fire flares, thats when they are most effective

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone know the best way to knock over that tower? Really wanna try...made a half attempt the other day by firing rockets at the wires while beside them.....no luck though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Beekay wrote: »
    Anyone know the best way to knock over that tower? Really wanna try...made a half attempt the other day by firing rockets at the wires while beside them.....no luck though!

Played Caspian twice today and it fell down by itself when one of the teams got down to 5/10 tickets.

I have no probs with the f2000 at all. I unlocked it years ago it seems and I never use it. I just dont like it at all.....I used it when unlocked coz I had nothing else and have about 300 kills with it thats all. Give me the M4 family anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well the lock sound and the tracking sound are different so once the lock changes to track, the guy could just be looking around him for the trail of the incoming rocket.

As Genghiz says, it's a steady tone when someone is locked onto you...but it's a rapid beep-beep-beep when missiles are incoming.

It's handy to switch to 3rd person view when missiles are incoming sometimes, so you can see if the missiles came via an AA or some clown on the ground with a stinger etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well the IRNV got nerfed in PS3 patch.

This is what happens when n00bs complain about everything. Its gone from being good, to completely useless.

In time, it'll end up with everyone using the same gun, and same attachements in each class.

Complete and utter bullsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This is what happens when n00bs complain about everything. Its gone from being good, to completely useless.

In time, it'll end up with everyone using the same gun, and same attachements in each class.

They really went overkill on it.
    It actually puts you at a serious disadvantage,it's almost impossible to see anybody unless they glow but they have to be nearly in your face for them to glow,whatever happened to middle ground.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Back to Karkland release date has been announced as 6th Dec on PS3 and 13th Dec PC/Xbox, that's less than 2 weeks away.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/01/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand-release-date.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

sink wrote: »
    Back to Karkland release date has been announced as 6th Dec on PS3 and 13th Dec PC/Xbox, that's less than 2 weeks away.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/01/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand-release-date.aspx

I don't care if I get labelled an RPG spammer, for the first couple of hours I just want to blow the crap out of everything :p

• Advertisement

It doesn't help the fact that the guy in that video is shíte and just runs at the enemy. But it does look to be fairly useless now. I've used it to see what the fuss is about but I really don't like it. It blocks too much FOV.

They should just make it work like a real IRNV scope, blind you outside but really good in the dark.

Advertisement