Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It doesn't help the fact that the guy in that video is shíte and just runs at the enemy. But it does look to be fairly useless now. I've used it to see what the fuss is about but I really don't like it. It blocks too much FOV.

They should just make it work like a real IRNV scope, blind you outside but really good in the dark.

I'm pretty he was doing it on purpose just to show that you cannot see the enemy with it, even when up close and facing them directly.

In other words letting himself get killed purely for making a video which shows how useless it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

so the question is what next will they whine about, still surprised its kinda quiet on the f2000 and the lmg's.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

I wasn't too keen on Assault when I first started playing, but after hearing all the hype about the F2000 I got stuck in. The class is great, but I don't see the fuss with the F2000. Personally, I prefer the M416 for assault, but maybe thats because I've played with it so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I agree, F2000 (Noob2000) is pretty much average at anything bar up close. You really only get hordes of peeps using it on Bazar really, hanging around the alley waiting for some dude at full sprint!

I am starting to combat that with the use of the USAS shotgun....can be a tad frustrating but great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SeantheMan wrote: »
    As Genghiz says, it's a steady tone when someone is locked onto you...but it's a rapid beep-beep-beep when missiles are incoming.
    Grand so; this is allowing me to live longer in the plane :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PC patch out tomorrow at 8am.....Some good fixes and some absolute HORRID ones........

Bugfixes

Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point
    Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded
    Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings
    Fixed stat references on several dogtags
    Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS
    Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small
    Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
    Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO
    Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
    Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target
    Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read
    Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights
    Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly
    Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
    Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.
    Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM
    Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
    Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle
    Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting
    Fixed several crashes and increased general stability
    Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
    Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.
    Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute
    Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar
    Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time
    Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen
    You can now reassign cycle weapons
    Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle
    Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks

Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
    Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
    Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
    Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
    Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.
    Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.
    Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines.
    Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.
    Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.
    Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
    Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.
    Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
    Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
    Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
    Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
    Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
    Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.
    Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.
    Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.
    Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.
    Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.
    Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.
    Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.
    Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
    Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
    Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.
    Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
    Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
    Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.
    Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).
    Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals
    Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
    Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border
    Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

Min player requirements

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan for the future is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

Frag rounds definately had to be nerfed. Had too much fun with them and the usas over the past 2 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/Dublin_Gunner

Yay!! Why I never thought of checking here before. All your stats, in SO much more detail. Finally I can see how long I've spent in each kit.

Also the awards section tells you exactly how far you are from each medal / award etc.

New sig from here me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Decided to fire it up there. Was getting some really sensitive mouse movement. REALLY high. The setting was at about a third of the bar. I moved the mouse a millimetre and i would turn 90 degrees. Unplayable. also, my character would disappear from the screen too. Horrible stuttering too.
    Using the latest Nvida drivers too. Hmm

I did get a Punkbuster related error when I downloaded the new back to karkand expansion earlier. Could be related to that then?

Did a repair install. It began do download all 14GB of it again. I was getting speeds of 45 MB/sec. The whole game downloaded in 5 minutes. Crazy speeds, considering that I've only got 25Mb broadband. Surely this was wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Did a repair install. It began do download all 14GB of it again. I was getting speeds of 45 MB/sec. The whole game downloaded in 5 minutes. Crazy speeds, considering that I've only got 25Mb broadband. Surely this was wrong?

It was copying the files either from the dvd or from backup if you have the option selected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Maybe it was transferring or recognising most of your files, as origin stores your downloaded content and install files into a seperate folder...you may have not realised. I think its C:/Origin/Program Data or something similar, so was probably pulling it from there as there is no way you downloaded at 45mb/s

Decided to fire it up there. Was getting some really sensitive mouse movement. REALLY high. The setting was at about a third of the bar. I moved the mouse a millimetre and i would turn 90 degrees. Unplayable. also, my character would disappear from the screen too. Horrible stuttering too.
    Using the latest Nvida drivers too. Hmm

I did get a Punkbuster related error when I downloaded the new back to karkand expansion earlier. Could be related to that then?

lol it was just reading the files you already downloaded / copied from DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. I had a feeling that's what it was doing but it was saying that it was downloading it. That's why I asked here. I assume it's the same thing as verifying the game cache on Steam.

Anyone else having trouble with mouse sensitivity?
    even with it all the way down, it just WAY too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Well I got bored of BF3 quicker than I expected and hadnt played it in two weeks+
    Tried to login today to see if I had any interest left and long story short

Greetings,

Your Electronic Arts Online account has been permanently terminated from the Electronic Arts Online service for violating the Terms of Service. The account will no longer be accessible in any way, and all property, items, and characters associated currently are or will soon be deleted.

Violation: Inappropriate Screen/Persona Name

The EA Online naming policy is a derivative of the Terms of Service, and is designed to prevent any inappropriate conduct or vulgarity via a character name. This policy covers character names, group/clan titles, group/clan names, and any other user-generated content.

Screen Name:vaginaldischarge

As the decision in this matter is final, please know that it is possible that no further correspondence regarding this account will be acknowledged. We regret having to take this final step, but it is entirely necessary on behalf of protecting the Electronic Arts Online community.

We respectfully ask that you please do not phone or email Electronic Arts regarding this matter from this point forward. We also ask that you understand and respect all statutes within the Terms of Service, as they still contractually apply to you as per the original agreement, especially the sections regarding terminated members of the service.
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Yeah. I had a feeling that's what it was doing but it was saying that it was downloading it. That's why I asked here. I assume it's the same thing as verifying the game cache on Steam.

Anyone else having trouble with mouse sensitivity?
    even with it all the way down, it just WAY too fast.

I had a mouse problem as well. It was way too "jerky".

What solved my issue was disabling "enabling origin in game" (found in Origin's settings)

I don't know will it fix your issue kearney, but worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Krieg wrote: »
    Well I got bored of BF3 quicker than I expected and hadnt played it in two weeks+

lol

Screen name = vaginaldischarge. Surely you could have thought up a better name than that?

Say you bought the game on Origin, and they delete your account as above.

Surely they can't take the game and the E50 due to a name?.... You must still have a right to play the game offline?.... doesn't seem legal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Screen name = vaginaldischarge. Surely you could have thought up a better name than that?
    Aye but its been with me for 8 years and still has some uniqueness to it
    Say you bought the game on Origin, and they delete your account as above.

Surely they can't take the game and the E50 due to a name?.... You must still have a right to play the game offline?.... doesn't seem legal to me.

perfectly legal, its a breach of toc which you "sign" when registering the game
    The unusual part is that they didnt mind me using the name BC2.

Well, back to skyrim

perfectly legal, its a breach of toc which you "sign" when registering the game
    The unusual part is that they didnt mind me using the name BC2.

Well, back to skyrim

I understand that in terms of the online TOC, but for someone who bought the game in the shop you still have the option to play single player I'd imagine?!.

So wondering if by buying on Origin would they not legally have to at least provide you with the offline service instead of taking everything over a trivial matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone know the craic with signing into battlelog for ps3???
    Everytime I try log in I can't,just says to buy battlefield 3 to get access to battlelog :confused:

• Advertisement

I understand that in terms of the online TOC, but for someone who bought the game in the shop you still have the option to play single player I'd imagine?!.

So wondering if by buying on Origin would they not legally have to at least provide you with the offline service instead of taking everything over a trivial matter.

Everything is linked to the online account which you are bound to certain terms of service.

I'd imagine there would be no problem registering a new account?

aca67.jpg

Lol (image resized and jpegged - for some reason img.ie wouldn;t take the full 19x10 png :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

You should have a doctor look at that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Can we uh rename this thread..I'm really not sure what sorta stuff goes here :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

New stuff for Battlefield.

@The guy stuck in the fence - Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

PS3 version is buggy as **** post expansion back.

lol

You should put it up on Reddit with a screenshot.

Kick up a fuss about it.

They should at least have allowed you to register a new account,
    because of the fact you paid for the game.

Did you receive any warning in the past?

Nope, you still need to be signed into Origin and the Battlelog to launch the single player.

Unless you use that tool which allows you to play without Origin,

But i'm not sure if there's a tool that can be used with the latest version of BF3.

If it prevents him using the Single Player, I'd definitely follow it up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The awful single player would be some punishment.

• Advertisement

some dude went to the trouble of detailing the weapon accuracy and spread etc.

http://symthic.com/?s=plot

Advertisement