Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

some dude went to the trouble of detailing the weapon accuracy and spread etc.

http://symthic.com/?s=plot

Dont really get that TBH, so the larger the RED PLOT the more damage or the smaller the more accurate and damage!

OR BOTH! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Hard to decipher using those graphs

but .. the dot indicates accuracy of the first shot, then the spread of the next 3 bullets

To find the perfect gun you need to factor in reload time e.g. 416 and m16a3 v fast reload

RPM (rounds per minute) e.g. AEK971 v fast

Damage - e.g. M240B insane damage

Accuracy - above

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

They're probability distributions of where subsequent rounds will hit shown according to colour. these might be clearer:
    http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=plots&pt=small
    A_AK-74M.png
    So the green shows where you expect the first round to hit. The spread represent the randomness between repeat tests. Subsequent shots are higher due to the recoil and are spread out more.

For damage you need to go the damage tab:
    http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=dmgchart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I wish he'd summarise and just list top 5 weapons :P according to recoil / damage / spread etc

And yes...I know by his graphs we could all work this out, but I don't have the time nor the inclination (i'm lazy and he seems to have nothing better to do with his time) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dont really get that TBH, so the larger the RED PLOT the more damage or the smaller the more accurate and damage!

OR BOTH! :confused:

Same here i was hoping someone would point out what it means and then i'd take credit for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Okay I'll try this for assault

Based on up/down spread being better than side-to-side (your target is tall and narrow)
    Accuracy-
    1. M16A3 (sweet spot, apparently the a4 has 3 bullet burst fire mode)
    2. KH2002 (low rate of climb)
    3. AN94 (more climb but less side-to-side)

Up to everyone's interpretation but that's my take after a quick look at the charts.

Rate of Fire- (ROF)
    1. AEK 971 (900)
    2. F2000 (850)

Reload when mag not empty- (in seconds)
    1. M16a3
    2. M16a4

I'll be trying out the M16a3, the KH2002 as Assault.. and also having a deeper look at the AS VAL which has a woeful mag (20 bullets) but amazing stats on everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well it makes sense....as in every BF game I ALWAYS aim for the neck (NOT THE HEAD) with the slight recoil ending HOPEFULLY in the forehead!

Nice find all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but can someone please advise on two points...
    a) Does this have offline co-op?
    b) Do you need to have Xbox on line and register game to play single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well it makes sense....as in every BF game I ALWAYS aim for the neck (NOT THE HEAD) with the slight recoil ending HOPEFULLY in the forehead!

Nice find all the same.

when your co-pilot , form that altitude , man that's some shot :D

( i feel a knife in my future)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but can someone please advise on two points...
    a) Does this have offline co-op?
    b) Do you need to have Xbox on line and register game to play single player?

A) Afraid not, only online.
    B) Nope, single player is short enough though, 7-8 hours playthrough.

• Advertisement

Thank you iColdFusion. Looks like it is not worth buying then unless you have a decent broadband:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thank you iColdFusion. Looks like it is not worth buying then unless you have a decent broadband:mad:
    I wouldn't go near it for the single player,it's one of the worst single-players I've played in a long time.

Out of interest how bad is your broadband??
    I know a few lads that are using the O2/3/Vodafone dongles and they are having great craic on multiplayer,doesn't seem to be spoiling it for them.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Out of interest how bad is your broadband??
    I know a few lads that are using the O2/3/Vodafone dongles and they are having great craic on multiplayer,doesn't seem to be spoiling it for them.
    I play on 360 with O2 mobile broadband via laptop and its grand even though I'm out in the country, can get the odd bit of lag but has never ruined a game or stopped me killing lots of people :D

Was even playing through the co-op using voice chat with some lad from mexico a while back, no issues! :eek:

I play on 360 with O2 mobile broadband via laptop and its grand even though I'm out in the country, can get the odd bit of lag but has never ruined a game or stopped me killing lots of people :D

Was even playing through the co-op using voice chat with some lad from mexico a while back, no issues! :eek:
    Yea that's my point,you don't need a massive download/upload speed to get by,a reasonable ping will help a lot.
    My ping on Eircom ain't too great and I do get a bit of lag meself,seems to be worse since the patch too.

Using a 3 dongle which at peak times can take a minute to just load page in a browser. Not sure the 360 will work great once bridged through to the wifi network :confused:

Using a 3 dongle which at peak times can take a minute to just load page in a browser. Not sure the 360 will work great once bridged through to the wifi network :confused:
    Are you contracted??
    Might be worthwhile getting a trial of one of the other mobile networks.
    I had the 3 dongle before and it was the same in my area and its far from rural.

I thought under the NBS thing that 3 were improving the rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Claymores are becoming a serious problem.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Chavways wrote: »
    Claymores are becoming a serious problem.

How so?
    It's come up a few time now and most people hardly notice them. You can only drop a couple and the disappear when you die.

5uspect wrote: »
    How so?
    It's come up a few time now and most people hardly notice them. You can only drop a couple and the disappear when you die.

I'm noticing way more people using them now.Half the corners I go around have a little surprise waiting for me.Realy annoying when you arent expecting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Seems common enough online! They usually come with a strict set of rules for playing in their servers!

I remember playing Halo:CE way back in 2005 and there were loadsa crazy "Soldiers of Christ" clans...each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Chavways wrote: »
    I'm noticing way more people using them now.Half the corners I go around have a little surprise waiting for me.Realy annoying when you arent expecting it.

I'm finding they are common enough on Seine more than anywhere else, particularly on the steps in buildings. Can only get on with it tbh. They are just using what's been given to them. Same as spawn mortars. Only thing you can do is to get even with them.

RPG spamming on Seine... now thats just a joke. 3 Engineers and a support in 1 building firing in all sorts of directions and getting resupplied constantly. Fcuked up but all you can do is blast the ****e out of the building and hope to get them with falling debris. OR, sneak into the building and stab them all.

Nothing more satisfying stabbing a squad one by one while they watch the kill cam, powerless to stop you :D

Question time:

Does being suppressed actually lower the accuracy of the weapon your using and/or your chance to hit?

Also do zoomed optics, ACOG etc, make your gun more accurate vs say a red dot?

What do people think of the HK53? Its my go to engineer gun now with a holographic sight and grip. Gonna try it with a silencer to see if its still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Question time:

Does being suppressed actually lower the accuracy of the weapon your using and/or your chance to hit?

Also do zoomed optics, ACOG etc, make your gun more accurate vs say a red dot?

Suppressors slow down the bullet so it drops further over distance and does less damage, the closer you are to the target the less the difference.

Zoomed optics only make it easier for you to aim but don't affect the actual bullet trajectory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

sink wrote: »
    Suppressors slow down the bullet so it drops further over distance and does less damage, the closer you are to the target the less the difference.

I believe he meant when the enemy is shooting at you, causing your screen to go blurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I believe he meant when the enemy is shooting at you, causing your screen to go blurry.

Ah, that I don't know. I don't even notice it much any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

• Advertisement

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Yeah thats the one, there have been a couple of times I've started shooting back but ended up hitting very little :rolleyes:

Good to know about the sights, I'll be sticking with my red dot/holo's.

I think a silencer also makes the gun a bit more accurate on full auto by reducing recoil, it did with the M249 for me anyway.

Advertisement