Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

Imagine how that looked for the guy watching the killcam... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The day that happens to me is the day I stop playing this game....was on craggy earlier playing and I spawned at a flag literally on "MR FITTS" (I Think) toes him behind me. And he stabbed me....it was like half a second from spawn to kill. UTTER BOLLOCKS and its getting worse!!! :confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Ridic-u-lous

That is fookin awesome. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The day that happens to me is the day I stop playing this game....was on craggy earlier playing and I spawned at a flag literally on "MR FITTS" (I Think) toes him behind me. And he stabbed me....it was like half a second from spawn to kill. UTTER BOLLOCKS and its getting worse!!! :confused::mad:

simple solution to this they could do is to remove the blue tint when choosing spawn points, that way you can see if its a safe place to spawn or not (look at the flag if its moving there is someone there)

Aside from that its your life in your hands as the only safe spawn location should be your home base though sometimes helicopters and what not tend to f*ck that idea up.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭SniperPaddy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    simple solution to this they could do is to remove the blue tint when choosing spawn points, that way you can see if its a safe place to spawn or not (look at the flag if its moving there is someone there)

Aside from that its your life in your hands as the only safe spawn location should be your home base though sometimes helicopters and what not tend to f*ck that idea up.

If they base rape on craggy, we kick them .........just before the end of the game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

That's not the players fault, but rather the game mechanics fault. Why would you kick someone for doing that? Its instinctive to take the kill, regardless of the situation.

Same with Rush when you loose the 2nd mCom as a defender and the other team rush by. Are you supposed not to kill the other team? What I cannot understand is when you kill someone and they know exactly where you are via killcam yet they then spawn somewhere else instead of coming and hunting you down!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

TheFairy wrote: »
    That's not the players fault, but rather the game mechanics fault. Why would you kick someone for doing that? Its instinctive to take the kill, regardless of the situation.

When he was talking about kicking people, he was referring to the ass-hats who use attack helicopters and occasionally jets to kill people spawning into jets and choppers before they get to take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Same with Rush when you loose the 2nd mCom as a defender and the other team rush by. Are you supposed not to kill the other team? What I cannot understand is when you kill someone and they know exactly where you are via killcam yet they then spawn somewhere else instead of coming and hunting you down!!!

Think Wonda wants a glove mod, where you slap the recently spawned player accross the face with a glove and challenge him do a duel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Heh well this brings back memories. Years ago when I used to play Desert Combat a lot online. I randomly found myself on this Christian server (american) while doing some late night gaming. I didn't know until I typed the word "Damn" into the chat and ended up with an admin warning me.

I totally lost it. All I said was Damn and the fact that this was a war game and yet they give out about the word 'damn' bah.

Anyway while totally destroying them with logical arguments and pointing out how retarded they were etc as you do on the internet :rolleyes: :p I remembered that the US soldiers , when being shot produce a sound file of them whimpering "awwww daaaaaamn" during the death animation.

So I put this to them. And the response was "Yes we know, we e-mailed EA about it asking them to remove the sound file in a patch".

I was flabbergasted.

I couldn't help but remember that day while playing BF3 for the first time.

"We have taken the enemy control point.... fuck them" etc etc when you take a flag.

I wonder if they got their patch for those servers lol.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

waveform wrote: »

They got rid of the sandy brown look. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If they base rape on craggy, we kick them .........just before the end of the game ;)

Why wait?? They'll still get all of their points... (the only thing they'll lose is the 1/2/3rd place)
    Zillah wrote: »
    They got rid of the sandy brown look. Shame.

Was thinking that too. I kinda liked it :(

next frostbite 2 game has been revealed:

surprising choice.

I never mentioned kicking anyone!!!!!

The spawn points are so bad in this game, its not even funny. As I said before BC2, Vietnam in particular mechanics were perfect and had the destruction. They should have just tweaked that and it would have been epic. Also I have to add, its refreshing to see a server admin'd properly. And if some "CLOWN" is giving it socks and talking **** dam right kick them respect the server rules or **** OFF....simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I've never had a problem with the spawn points. You can see the screen of the person you are spawning on so 90% of the time you can tell if its all clear to spawn there

surprising choice.

Since Westwood Studio's got shafted by EA, C&C has gone to crap.

good to see frostbite 2 being put to use. Curious to see what other titles may end up using it.

Looking at EA's library of franchises there are some tempting choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

al28283 wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with the spawn points. You can see the screen of the person you are spawning on so 90% of the time you can tell if its all clear to spawn there
    You can't see behind where you're spawning,that's the whole problem.
    A zoomed out overhead view on the player you're spawning on might be a better way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

surprising choice.

Jesus that looks like a serious leap ahead from the previous titles.

Looks like it has all the detail of BF3, but from a different view angle.

At least I hope so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Since Westwood Studio's got shafted by EA, C&C has gone to crap.

Agree, although Bioware are developing it oddly enough, afaik they've never developed an RTS before but they're one of my favourite studios.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

sink wrote: »
    Agree, although Bioware are developing it oddly enough, afaik they've never developed an RTS before but they're one of my favourite studios.

It's a studio borged by Bioware/EA tho called Victory.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39073/Victory_Games_Latest_EA_Studio_To_Be_Renamed_BioWare.php

• Advertisement

good to see frostbite 2 being put to use. Curious to see what other titles may end up using it.

Looking at EA's library of franchises there are some tempting choices.

BF3, C&C Generals 2, and Need for Speed: The Run, are the only ones announced so far I think.

Oh, here's more
    http://www.nitrome.com/games/frostbite2/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

sink wrote: »

Bioware is less of a developer these days and more of a publisher within a publisher.

Why wait?? They'll still get all of their points... (the only thing they'll lose is the 1/2/3rd place)

Agreed. Actually I was being facetious.
    We warn immediately, then kick within a minute, if they don't rein it in.

If a player gets wiped by fairy / wonda / kittenrescue the more sensible ones choose to spawn somewhere else. :eek:

I never mentioned kicking anyone!!!!!

The spawn points are so bad in this game, its not even funny. As I said before BC2, Vietnam in particular mechanics were perfect and had the destruction. They should have just tweaked that and it would have been epic. Also I have to add, its refreshing to see a server admin'd properly. And if some "CLOWN" is giving it socks and talking **** dam right kick them respect the server rules or **** OFF....simples!

I put Arkangel on the naughty step, last Saturday, until he sees the error of his ways.

I put Arkangel on the naughty step, last Saturday, until he sees the error of his ways.

lol

I thik I'll be spending more time on Craggy - some good rounds last night (myself, Wonda and Undeadsmarties raping in the tank was feckin' hilarious - 'smarties was support, myself and wonda were both engi with CITV & guided rockets in the tank, and Javelin). We raped bad. Getting called hackers and all sorts because every plane / chopper / tank / aa vehicle got bloody hammered by us lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

al28283 wrote: »

Agreed 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Not having a dig at the PS3 but with 64 people you've a 2.666 greater chance of someone spawning behind you or in front of you. Sometimes you can spawn in really bad places.

• Advertisement

Yeah, So So Funny! But its more of a not understanding the way it works....they are thinking:-

"NOW **** THIS I DEFFO FLARED THERE AND THAT FAT HEADED **** WONDA STILL SHOT ME DOWN DEFFO SOMETHING DODGY"

As I was told directly in no uncertain terms last night, pure and simples after I shot a little bird pilot raping, by SG555 through the window

" **** YOU WONDA - **** YOU "

I will not embarrase the particular person as it would not be right but KILLERSHAMROCK knows who I am talking about :p

Advertisement