Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Murray135 wrote: »
    yup, all they can think of is kill the sniper lol, and u working real hard, harder than them, to win the round :eek:

Out of your little sniper narrow scope-blinkered mind!
    No one shoots snipers if they are contributing, when it happens to you, it's probably because you are a useless stat hoar.
    Only reason to play recon is because you have a cup of tea in the other hand. I think we have all seen your type in the closing minutes of the game 2 miles away from a cap point.

There's a reason people detest you and shoot at you, being a sniper in a dynamic game like this says it all, you want all the kills with 0 risk.

And this crap about you capping flags with your scope? WTF so you think a sniper rifle is better than the other guns for medium/close range? I smell a rat.

That's what i find about most snipers, you being a perfect.. example is you are totally blinkered and everyone else is in the wrong. You are actually winning the game on your own.
    Nothing ruins a good game like you mugs.
    Why don't you feck off into the country and pretend you are winning some war somewhere.
    Mind who you're calling a spastic too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shooter, you're personalizing the discussion and that's needlessly aggressive, so rein it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    Shooter, you're personalizing the discussion and that's needlessly aggressive, so rein it in.

He's right though...

:D

Apologies for the outburst spear, but guys coming on forums calling me a spastic by association is just wrong ^ ^.
    Right dummy is back in the pram and I'm a happy non camper again.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Wow, shootermacg, chillax

Spear, if I may just counter-az5hole please, think it would be only fair, im making no defence after this post.
    Out of your little sniper narrow scope-blinkered mind!
    No one shoots snipers if they are contributing, when it happens to you, it's probably because you are a useless stat hoar.

How do you know if I'm a stat whore or contrabuting, are you god and your in every server watching every player? If its not probleby that, what is it probleby else??? Yes they do, they dont even look to see if you are contributing.
    Also I dont really give a sh1te about stats, I just wanna have fun.
    Only reason to play recon is because you have a cup of tea in the other hand.

So the recon class is just there for when drinking tea? Ok, DICE put it there incase you wanted tea, thats a bit narrow minded now isn't it, and you dont even use sniper! What you gonna do when you got a rich tea biscuit in the other hand! Your fitting the profile of people I was ranting about, you think once you see a sniper, hes on a hill 2 miles away even when hes standing beside you!
    I think we have all seen your type in the closing minutes of the game 2 miles away from a cap point.

Ah no, sure I use the CG rocket launcher on infantry when it gets to that stage ;)
    There's a reason people detest you and shoot at you, being a sniper in a dynamic game like this says it all, you want all the kills with 0 risk.

Do you pick assault and want none of the kills with 100 risk?
    And this crap about you capping flags with your scope? WTF so you think a sniper rifle is better than the other guns for medium/close range? I smell a rat.

That crap? yeah that is crap, because i dont know how you take flags with a scope, that would be cool, maybe you can show me. Depending on the situation, the rifle can be more benifeting sometimes, I switch classes every few minutes, depending on the situation in the round.
    That's what i find about most snipers, you being a perfect.. example is you are totally blinkered and everyone else is in the wrong. You are actually winning the game on your own.

I smell a rat... ;)
    I dont think I'm winning the game on my own, I said I'm trying harder than the likes fool who is moaning at what kit I'm using, hes concentrating on bitching rather than just minding his own business and playing, where as I'm using recon, maybe to kill a sniper thats picking him off when his dumb butt is typing abuse to someone using recon kit.
    Nothing ruins a good game like you mugs.

That applies to you buddy, not me.
    And I dont get why you have to single me out like im the camper on the hills 2 miles away, I did say i dont camp, Im in with the rest of the team,I did say I use other kits other than recon, equally as much, so that means I prob use recon only 25% of the time how, maybe less, I'm just contributing my bit! I am not the guy who just camps for the whole round with a rifle. I wouldnt have the patience for that anyway :) . I'm literally the guy running around with the assault class players, just with a SVD or VSS, cause they can be used nearly like an assault rifle
    Why don't you feck off into the country and pretend you are winning some war somewhere.
    Mind who you're calling a spastic too!

I didn't call you a spastic, Do you think the world revolves around you, your the center of everything?? I have a mind to call you one now though! When I said that, I was refering to the people who when..... you when you join a server, pick recon, and spawn, Or when you switch to it for some other reason, thers many......someone spots straight away, and starts giving you abuse or shooting at you.... read it again, you should find the word 'some' infront of 'spastic'

Tell you what is f****** sad, the fact that i just spent the last 20mins replying to your attack on me, did it make u feel good? go have a cookie maybe that will calm you down.:mad:

Apologys to anyone else for wasting your time with this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Fair play gents yous have made my day. Love a good rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

I personally get a little irked when I keep getting shot by different snipers on rush but then look at it this way - as soon as you arm the mcom stations they have their entire team 2 miles away with no chance of a disarm - I can deal with getting shot 3/4 times once we win the game

He's right though...

:D

10 chars!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The story mode for Battlefield 3 will last for 12 hours, according to developer DICE - as efforts continue to attract disgruntled Call Of Duty players before this Christmas' first person shooter showdown

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/859505-battlefield-3-campaign-is-12-hours-long

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I don;t know whey they even bother with a SP element, waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

F1ngers wrote: »

I'm in two minds on this, since we're getting a single player campaign, I'm glad it's not a token effort (Homefront is 3 hours only), but on the other hand I don't like resources being taken from the multiplayer.

I personally have not played any battlefield/cod single player. I personally think it takes up precious time that could be spent balancing the multiplayer.

Quake 3, perfectly balanced game, and brave enough to just have multiplayer arenas only unless you count bots for single player which i don't. Even the bots were a blast on nightmare.

karma_ wrote: »
    I don;t know whey they even bother with a SP element, waste of time.

Check this video I saw it on battl3field.com forums , the guy in the interview mentions a good point why they do the single player, to get new people into battlefield, they can play the SP and get comfortable with the game before going into multiplayer, a bit of practice I suppose, its a good idea I guess, I even like to play the SP myself first, though I've never played the MOH SP

Oh duh nevermind sry, the video thats already posted in this topic is the same one just a diff site whoops lol

Murray135 wrote: »
    though I've never played the MOH SP

It's got a couple of good moments, but nothing too adventurous.

It's good a couple of good moments, but nothing too adventurous.

Might give it a go if i get desperately bored lol

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164671

EA are planning TV ads for as early as this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164671

EA are planning TV ads for as early as this month.

Wow. Thats early.

It'll be like Jurassic Park all over again.

(for those of us old enough to remember!)

It's a confirmed November release:

http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/116/1160082p1.html

The same month as MW3 and ES:Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

November is going to be unreal

• Advertisement

It's a confirmed November release:

http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/116/1160082p1.html

The same month as MW3 and ES:Skyrim.

So ANOTHER COD has been confirmed?

They could have released MW2, WaW and Blac-Kops as DLC for 4.

It's a shame all these passive gamers buy into that crap, they don't deserve the money they make from them, not to mention the awards.

Battlefield 3 will be the better game, no doubt about it.
    COD will just be a new multiplayer map pack on the 4 engine, whereas B3 will be a massive improvement on BC.
    Unfortunately C0D will outsell it on reputation alone, doesn't matter how bad the thing actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

It's a shame all these passive gamers buy into that crap, they don't deserve the money they make from them, not to mention the awards.

Battlefield 3 will be the better game, no doubt about it.
    COD will just be a new multiplayer map pack on the 4 engine, whereas B3 will be a massive improvement on BC.
    Unfortunately C0D will outsell it on reputation alone, doesn't matter how bad the thing actually is.

Yep, absolutely spot on! Black Ops outsold MW2 even though it was essentially a MW2 mission and map-pack. MW2 was definately a better game. I saw on steam the players online right now: 6,500 Black Ops vs 23,000 MW2 - that says it all really. Reputation is everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Seems like they are really going after CODs userbase with a release date of a FPS at CODS typical release week. Its gutsy alright and if I had to decide now I would by battlefield first, it just looks very impressive.

IMO its a good move to try and tackle the big boy of FPS now , a lot of folks are feeling worn out by activisions greed and lack of innovation in the serise and there is a feeling that people are looking for something new to be a serious contender.

I played MW2 for a year straight as my mainstay game but BOPS did nothing for me and I am glad for that, made me try others out there like BC2 and MOH. It realy helped me see how arcade like COD is and how much fun game like battlefield can be. Roll on battlefield 3 , hope it does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Unfortunately C0D will outsell it on reputation alone

nothing unfortunate about this at all, delighted that COD is being released the same month, it may keep all the kiddies away from the PC version

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You have sent a payment of €49,99 EUR to DigitalRiver EU SARL (atlanticpaypaleuSARLcs@digitalriver.com)

DigitalRiver EU SARL
    atlanticpaypaleuSARLcs@digitalriver.com

Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition
    49,99 EUR 1 49,99 EUR

Let's hope it's good :)

Ponster wrote: »
    Let's hope it's good :)

I was waiting until tomorrow, or for a Steam pre-order.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291552

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I was waiting until tomorrow, or for a Steam pre-order.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291552

BF3 removed from that list. Pre-orders don't count it seems.

Ponster wrote: »
    BF3 removed from that list. Pre-orders don't count it seems.

Yeah, I was highly skeptical as well that they'd do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

http://www.facebook.com/battlefield

Click Like so they release the full trailer. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Another new trailer. Including the bits already seen with a mili second of inside a tank and jet

Advertisement