Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

From facebook:
    "Stay tuned tomorrow for the very first images and new details on the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack! Includes interviews with the Lead Designer of Back to Karkand and the designer of the original Strike at Karkand map from Battlefield 2."

Announcing DLC before the game is even out?

A$$HOLES

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

More maps is great IMO, probably had this set for BC2 but changed their minds

How much is the preorder with the DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

How much is the preorder with the DLC?

http://eastore.ea.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.battlefield3_IE_LE

€49.99

I'm sure it can probably be had cheaper somewhere. But €49.99 is the price of most new games, and this will include the DLC.

I dunno mate, I'm thinking about going steam with this one, you can join a mates team (I think) if you join through steam.

• Advertisement

I dunno mate, I'm thinking about going steam with this one, you can join a mates team (I think) if you join through steam.

You can currently do that already via the in game friend list in BC2 (as you know). I highly doubt steam will override any server balancing, so it will be just the same as joining a friend in-game.

I'll personally be buying it from whoever is cheaper.

You can currently do that already via the in game friend list in BC2 (as you know). I highly doubt steam will override any server balancing, so it will be just the same as joining a friend in-game.

I'll personally be buying it from whoever is cheaper.

Cheers for the update, I'll have to set it up asap.

Cheers for the update, I'll have to set it up asap.

No need to set it up. Just join via a friend in the friends list, and provided there's space on the team, you'll be put on the same team, or even the same squad if there's space.

No need to set it up. Just join via a friend in the friends list, and provided there's space on the team, you'll be put on the same team, or even the same squad if there's space.

I was talking about the pre order ya Moob! :D

I was talking about the pre order ya Moob! :D

he he! lol I'm dumb :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

TheFairy wrote: »
    You work for EA now? What's wrong with his post. Using DLC to get peeps to spend even more money on launch day is pretty dire imo also!

Thats basically what i was saying yea, but obviously i don't have any idea at all...

Its a bit crap that they're bringing out DLC on Day 1... Something that a few years ago probably would have been part of the initial game...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Korvanica wrote: »
    Thats basically what i was saying yea, but obviously i don't have any idea at all...

Its a bit crap that they're bringing out DLC on Day 1... Something that a few years ago probably would have been part of the initial game...

Day 1 DLC isn't going away and is how things are done. At least it's something substantial with 4 maps and specific weapons/vehicles, some of the DLC for other EA titles is purely trash, DA2 being a major case. Besides, the vast majority of us will pre-order and get it free anyway.

Korvanica wrote: »

Pre-order it, and you get all the DLC for the same price as the game when it launches.

Simple. You save money by pre-ordering.

All the other games have had DLC, maybe not at launch, but the timing really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

If you don't pre-order, and don't want the DLC - don't buy it. Simple. I really don't see how a company trying to maximise its revenue form a big title justifies calling them 'a$$holes' tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

Details are there. It's not much, but there is this image:

B2K_5F00_Strike_5F00_at_5F00_Karkand_5F00_Concept.jpg

TheFairy wrote: »
    Also thought there were moderators here, is being told to "Fook Off" something that Boards.ie feels is ok these days?

I was following along, and didn't feel much need to act once there was nothing past the initial few robust comments and it had gone quiet. But now that it's stirred up again...

A few reminders:

If you disagree with a post, report it.

Moderation isn't to be discussed on thread.

These are site wide rules, you all know them by now.

I expected better from the lot of ye, and now it's time to return to civil discussion and the topic at hand.

Any further questions can be PM'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Is that one concpet art picture the only image that was released?

Is that one concpet art picture the only image that was released?

Yeah, that and the original design doc for the first Karkand. There's a Back to Karkand wallpaper if you really want it. All an anti-climax really.

Spear wrote: »
    Yeah, that and the original design doc for the first Karkand. There's a Back to Karkand wallpaper if you really want it. All an anti-climax really.

I would have put my house on that being Mashtuur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I would have put my house on that being Mashtuur.

Me too

mashtuur_city.jpg

The second part of the Back to Karkand blog is up:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/05/18/B2K-2.aspx

Once more it's light on real details, just another concept art of Wake.

B2K_5F00_Wake_5F00_Island_5F00_Concept.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

AWESOME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Looks great. Iv always thought real gamers play Battlefield and not COD.

KeithAFC wrote: »

Let's not rehash the BF vs. CoD thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

real gamers play any type of game..not just Battlefield :rolleyes:
    And I've been playing Battlefield since BF1942..and I still wouldn't come out with a crap statement like what you said.

Real gamers/men play Quake 3 Rocket Arena!!! BEGONE ALL IMPOSTERS!

Actually, CoD is a weird one for me, played the previous version and had some laughs but didn't like the new one, don't know if the movement had changed or what but I didn't really like the way my camera view moved.
    Such a small thing really. When I went back to BC2 the physics just felt right.
    Although CoD is nothing but a CS clone on steroids, you can't fail to be impressed by the work they have don: you can download a game and watch it from any angle -AWESOME single biggest improvement made to a game in the last 3 years (just picked 3 for no reason).

BC2 when played in the right spirit is probably the best game around, but, for me nothing will ever replace quake, I've been playing it since it came out and still play too much of it ^ ^.
    Campers get pwned in quake! Campers?? there is noes camperz ere! Little known fact attempts at camping in quake is known as CS'ing and results in a kick vote. If you ever find yourself in tier 4 give me a shout.

And fair play to Dubs and Wonda for giving it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    real gamers play any type of game..not just Battlefield :rolleyes:
    And I've been playing Battlefield since BF1942..and I still wouldn't come out with a crap statement like what you said.
    I meant in what takes the most skill. Watching COD videos and the lack of recoil on the guns is very easy to get kills. Its different in Bad company 2 because you know to almost in my experience use the double tap way to kill people.

Unless your raiding a house or something and just go in spraying. But locking onto a target is harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I meant in what takes the most skill. Watching COD videos and the lack of recoil on the guns is very easy to get kills. Its different in Bad company 2 because you know to almost in my experience use the double tap way to kill people.

Unless your raiding a house or something and just go in spraying. But locking onto a target is harder.

Without hashing the BF v COD...COD requires skill to play as well...MW2 is a prime example...weapons have recoil except for the ACR..
    I hate when people start COD bashing or Battlefield bashing...the two of them are completely different games...why can't people just accept that?:confused:

As for the wake map...that looks like a SU-34 on the runway...I can't wait to see what jets are in the multiplayer version...and it better be more than 1 crappy jet per map..

The aul runways in good nic considering the devastation both sides of it :D

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I hate when people start COD bashing or Battlefield bashing...the two of them are completely different games...why can't people just accept that?:confused:

That's the reason why wars originally start in real life. If internet nerds get so outa joint over [insert what u want] vs [insert what u want] it's easy to see how things escolate in real life when you throw a few alpha males into the mix.

Well said mate, I wish people would take a step back and see the wood for the trees. Saying that I still hate campy snipers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Saying that I still hate campy snipers!!

What do you want us to do? Act like 12 year olds who can't distinguish a sniper's rifle from an assault rifle and run around in the maps quickscoping?

When I have a sniper's rifle, I camp. End of story. But if it makes you feel better, I move every 2-3 kills. Then when you come running back to oust me from my den, I'm actually at the other side of the map lining my crosshair up with your skull. :D

Advertisement