Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

merc.ie wrote: »
    Brief multiplayer trailer already up @ http://www.origin.com/uk/

Looks remarkably like BC2 gameplay wise :mad:

and that would be bad, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Brief multiplayer trailer already up @ http://www.origin.com/uk/

Looks remarkably like BC2 gameplay wise :mad:
    I agree. Hopefully that's their smallest most close combat map they just showed to wow the COD crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/?tag=content_nav%3Bvideo%3Bea

Watch that from 45:30 onwards. THere's nearly 10 minutes of footage, includes the two other trailers and a good chunk of single player in tanks. They also point out that Operation Metro is specifically an infantry focussed map.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

looks class:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

25th October, 2011.

Pay day.

I will be off that day.

I will play BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Me thinks I'll be building a new machine for this...

I have resisted until now...

Resistance is futile...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

25th October, 2011.

Pay day.

I will be off that day.

I will play BF3.

The 25th is a Tuesday, so I suspect that's the US release date, and we'll either see the Friday before (21st), or the Friday after (28th).

Spear wrote: »
    The 25th is a Tuesday, so I suspect that's the US release date, and we'll either see the Friday before (21st), or the Friday after (28th).

Fcuk it.

I'll take the week off so.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Yeah there's no reason to get upset if any components look like BC2, fact is, as above, this is an infantry focused map in the centre of Paris. And ,aps like these will be great fun(I'm bf2 pc hardcore for life by the way I hated bc2 but only had it for ps3 which was just woefully bad) so anyway they've already said the game will have the biggest maps they've ever made!!!! It's going to be epiczor if the epics! Really don't worry about a thing!

• Advertisement

The start of the trailer now makes sense.

BF3 has Dinosaur

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

BF3 has Dinosaur

LMFAO!

Hahahaha aha gunner I remember hitting that thread through reddit ****ing ages ago, that's absolute genius. They should have known that 4chan wasn't going to the survey of the year for them anyway. Epic tribute

Hilarious...

Hopefully DICE take making BF3 as amazing and complete as possible before launch a bit more seriously though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

grizzly wrote: »

because lots of older Battlefield players didn't really like Bad Company 2 as it wasn't really a proper Battlefield game

I for one absolutely hated BC2 and have been waiting for a proper successor for five long years

Auvers wrote: »
    because lots of older Battlefield players didn't really like Bad Company 2 as it wasn't really a proper Battlefield game

I for one absolutely hated BC2 and have been waiting for a proper successor for five long years

Without a diatribe - why did you hate it so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Paris? nice. That was a surprise.

I wonder what some of the other maps are? Obviously a large amount of middle eastern scenarios but what else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Keyzer wrote: »

the way the player moved was off to me,
    getting stuck on objects on the map,
    the vehicle handling was brutal,
    matrix knife,
    regen health,
    tiny maps,
    four classes,
    no commander
    no prone

all in all it just didn't have that special Battlefield mojo

Keyzer wrote: »

No prone, bad maps, weird choppers, worse than normal hit boxes(imo) and just generally didnt feel as good as BF2.

BF3 has Dinosaur

Thanks to TimSad there's even a .gif of the dino now too:

bf3_trex.gif

• Advertisement

What a cute little dino...

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1172554p1.html

IGN have some curious info. There's no medic class but instead a support class with LMG. To go with the LMG there's a suppression mechanic, where enemy players have their view dimmed and shaken by incoming fire.

Riflemen get the medic packs now, but to get other options such as the underslung nade launcher means losing the med packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Why can they not just tweak what needs to be tweaked without changing the whole BF game mechanic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Spear wrote: »
    http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1172554p1.html

IGN have some curious info. There's no medic class but instead a support class with LMG. To go with the LMG there's a suppression mechanic, where enemy players have their view dimmed and shaken by incoming fire.

Riflemen get the medic packs now, but to get other options such as the underslung nade launcher means losing the med packs.

That's quite a change! They'll have had to test the hell out of this to keep it balanced and stop people spamming the assault/medic class.

I like the idea of a suppression mechanic. Hopefully it leads to more tactical games where flanking is more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Im surprised there's not an extensive Beta test happening soon with the huge change in mechanics.
    The developers know where they are going with the game but there's always going to be problems with people using certain classes and spamming.
    Medic should have its own class, I would gladly give up a grenade launcher to have med packs at all times as assault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

The rifleman idea is not really that big a change from BF2. Instead of selecting one class or the other from the first tier in the class menu, you'll be choosing GL/medic in the second tier of the menu. Assault in BF2 had body armor too, but that's a minor point.

Good to see the support class with LMG and ammo packs returning

Meant to be some live stuff here:

http://www.ustream.tv/battlefield3

but seems to be running late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

It's up now. The hosts are all over the place though, started with a 10+ minute disjointed & waffley intro

It's up now. The hosts are all over the place though, started with a 10+ minute disjointed & waffley intro

Meh, it's previously shown footage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

grizzly wrote: »

This is BF3 not BFBC3. The less like bad company it is, the better.

At least for PC gamers anyway, BC is the diet coke of battlefield and that's putting it nicely. However something like BF2 would never work on a console and since this is coming out on everything we all know its never gonna be same. But BF fans will be hoping its less like BC so you'll get that alot.
    Yeah there's no reason to get upset if any components look like BC2, fact is, as above, this is an infantry focused map in the centre of Paris.

Yeah I'm keeping my hopes up, the game looks unreal tbh. Building a pc for it :eek:

Advertisement