Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Depends on the player really. I loved maps most didn't, and got bored of maps most people did like.

I loved Sharqi, Daqing, Songhua (sp?) Stalemate, Kubra Dam. Used to like Karkand, but got bored really quick when that's all the majority of players seemed to want to play.

I even loved Zatar and Gulf of Oman.

Hated Wake Island.
    I liked Wake Island. But that wasn't so much down to the map as it was the team of mates I used to play that map with. We had some stonkingly good games on there, down to teamwork. Karkand will always be a classic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

as for the #1 FPS accolade, hopefully that will stay in CODs court for as long as possible

You must be joking, COD has become a fcuking joke, nothing more than a game for kids imo.

Give me BC2,BC2 Nam,DODS,DOD,CS,CSS,TF2,BF2,ARMA2 ahead of COD any day, ever since COD4 the series has gone downhill rapidly.
    Its no coincidence the COD community has turned into one of the worst out there,it like the series steadily plummets downwards with each release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Dcully wrote: »
    You must be joking, COD has become a fcuking joke, nothing more than a game for kids imo.

I am so you misinterpreted my post what I mean is that I hope it stays as the media hyped number one to keep the console kiddies away from BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Once its not made in anyway shape or form to release on a console, we should be ok.

I have a feeling they will announce this as getting a console release as well. I can picture it now, message boards across the world going into meltdown with furious PC gamers. The amount of money to be made by EA will be too tempting, just look at BC2!

I hope I'm wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dcully wrote: »

Give me BC2,BC2 Nam,DODS,DOD,CS,CSS,TF2,BF2,ARMA2 ahead of COD any day, ever since COD4 the series has gone downhill rapidly.
    Its no coincidence the COD community has turned into one of the worst out there,it like the series steadily plummets downwards with each release.

The point exactly. The bigger, more console kiddy it gets, the worse it gets. COD can stay right where it is at No. 1. (No.1 not meaning 'best')

BF can stay as the best.
    I have a feeling they will announce this as getting a console release as well. I can picture it now, message boards across the world going into meltdown with furious PC gamers. The amount of money to be made by EA will be too tempting, just look at BC2!

I hope I'm wrong :(

BC2 was always gonna be a console release too, hence the huge differences between it and the regular BF series games.

BF3 should have the series back on track, as a fully fledged BF series game, not an off-shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I hope they cancel the whole platform....and start all over again in the WILD WILD WEST....

I think the older the game tries to portray the better the game is.....hence 1942 and VIETNAM better then BC2 and 2142 etc.

So lets all run around as BILLY THE KID with winchesters and 6 shooters, and gun powder on donkeys arse's for TNT. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

Ponster wrote: »
    I have to get that beta !!!

if anyone wants, i have a spare key from medal of honor

sherdydan wrote: »
    if anyone wants, i have a spare key from medal of honor

Please give this key to Ponster as a reward for all the hard work he's put into Boards.ie over the years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Yes please!!!!

Hmmm, now should I edit Dublin's post of just ban him from the forum in order to have that key ?

Hmmm, now should I edit Dublin's post of just ban him from the forum in order to have that key ?

You could try.

I have the email of your reply as proof though :P

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I hope they cancel the whole platform....and start all over again in the WILD WILD WEST....

I think the older the game tries to portray the better the game is.....hence 1942 and VIETNAM better then BC2 and 2142 etc.

So lets all run around as BILLY THE KID with winchesters and 6 shooters, and gun powder on donkeys arse's for TNT. :D

lol everyone queuing at the spawn to get on a horse LMFAO! Raping in a carriage ha ha!

lol everyone queuing at the spawn to get on a horse LMFAO! Raping in a carriage ha ha!

With "**** your APC I've a horse outside" playing in the background?

LOL

Now change my post above back! Blatant abuse of power! You should get into politics :p

Whoever of us 2 has the more hours clocked or higher k/d in bc2 should get it as that player would obviously offer more to the beta :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I look forward to the inevitable jihad horses then.

LOL

Now change my post above back! Blatant abuse of power! You should get into politics

But abuse of power is the entire point of modding, isn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Whoever of us 2 has the more hours clocked or higher k/d in bc2 should get it as that player would obviously offer more to the beta :p

I'd say Wonda would have you both beat on that count but he probably got Medal of Honor just for the beta key!

I disagree. Whoever is the better BF2 player should get it :p

Let's let the masses decide :

my BF2 profile

And if you have to know, BC2......

Have ya well beat in bc2 and think were similar in bf2 cant check mine as im on my phone at the minute.

But considering you tried the cheeky post edit, even though you quoted my original post below it lol you lose :p

And bf3 will be based off the new engine so bc2 is more relevant lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

I miss bf2 good times first online fps i ever played

Ponster says: I love kissing my sister :p

But as I was saying, I have him beat in BF2 also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

miss games like bf2 tbh no perk bs etc every one had similar weapons (MEC ak FTW!!) knife was a separate weapon that you had to select to use (man i miss this)

lol @ ponster

• Advertisement

btw Dublin you seem to be mistaking rank for talent. :)

Not that k/d ratio is the definitive marker but not having a k/d ratio over 1.0 for any rank? tsk...tsk....

so dublin gunner, are you refusing the key? :p

sherdydan wrote: »
    so dublin gunner, are you refusing the key? :p

Not at all. :)

I was just trying to let Ponster cling onto some semblance of hope. I was gonna be generous, but as he's really scraping the barrel, even declaring he kisses his sister in one of my posts - all generosity is gone.

So, if the key is still available, I would absolutely love to have it thatnk you :)
    btw Dublin you seem to be mistaking rank for talent.

Not that k/d ratio is the definitive marker but not having a k/d ratio over 1.0 for any rank? tsk...tsk....

Funny that, because in BC2, you don't have a k/d over .75 for any kit, and in bf2 you don't have a rank over 1 for any kit.
    Hmm... Were you looking at your own stats by mistake when you posted that? :P

Dublin Gunner, PM sent!

Funny that, because in BC2, you don't have a k/d over .75 for any kit, and in bf2 you don't have a rank over 1 for any kit.
    Hmm... Were you looking at your own stats by mistake when you posted that? :P

Naaa, I realized that I had better ways of wasting my life besides playing silly EA games and moved on to TF2 and World of Tanks (beta).

Anyway, I'm the medic who revives you or the engineer who repairs you. We get shot a lot and expect to die in battle.

Naaa, I realized that I had better ways of wasting my life besides playing silly EA games and moved on to TF2 and World of Tanks (beta).

Anyway, I'm the medic who revives you or the engineer who repairs you. We get shot a lot and expect to die in battle.

Et moi mon amis, et moi.

Got kinda bored with WoT. Played a lot of it, and there's a hard wipe next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Does anyone know if the Beta is only going to be open to those who bought Medal of Honor? I don't feel like forking out for the game just to get a Beta key.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Beta is only going to be open to those who bought Medal of Honor? I don't feel like forking out for the game just to get a Beta key.

They never said, only that MoH guaranteed a place. I'm sure they'll want to use the beta as a further promotional tool, so I doubt they'll restrict to MoH owners only.

Spear wrote: »
    They never said, only that MoH guaranteed a place. I'm sure they'll want to use the beta as a further promotional tool, so I doubt they'll restrict to MoH owners only.

Beta's are nearly always promo tools IMO. Sure, they do help iron out some bugs and balancing issues, but promo is defo a prime concern for a beta.

I'd be certain they'll issue keys elsewhere alright, like fileplanet, or sign up on the website. They've never restricted a beta to another game sale before.

That was merely a tool to sell more MoH, as they knew they'd not sell many with CoD BO releasing soon afterwards, and BC2 already out with the Vietnam expansion due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hmmm, only seeing this post now.....DAM!

I would love a beta, dont mind that dubs fook....all he does is rape in tanks...in fact if BF3 does not have tanks dubs is gonna have a mickey fit.....

I would have won that K : D contest alrite.....dunno about BF2...but from what I can remember I was better at BF2 then BFBC2 :eek::eek:

Found my BF2 stats...dunno if they are good at this stage....73 Kill streak....that CANT BE RIGHT for a start!!! But I do have well over a one K : D for EVERYKIT and my overall accuracy is high...I THINK?

http://bf2s.com/player/44678125/

Advertisement