Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The tank mission footage is bloody excellent.

I cannot wait for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sisko wrote: »
    This is BF3 not BFBC3. The less like bad company it is, the better.

At least for PC gamers anyway, BC is the diet coke of battlefield and that's putting it nicely. However something like BF2 would never work on a console and since this is coming out on everything we all know its never gonna be same.

Something exactly like BF2 can be done on current consoles. Look at MAG on the PS3, yeah the game is not great but it shows how a PC online shooter like BF2 can be ported to consoles. The problem is the cash cow is calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭CommuterIE

NO COMMANDER HAS ME RILED :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Some info from various sources
    • Tank footage show at EA press conference is possibly the first mission in the game
    • New suppression system -
    • Operation Metro - rush gamemode, close combat, play as U.S. Marines, take on Russian forces in heart of Paris, infantry focus
    • Operation Metro objective is to take back Stock Exchange
    • Team Deatchmatch, Conquest, Rush gamemodes confirmed
    • Battle Log - hub for social Battlefield experience
    • 4 classes tuned for teamplay - Assault (medic abilities), Engineer (anti-vehicle, repair), Support (give ammo, suppressive fire), Recon (main focus supplying intel)
    • Heavily focused on unlocks, more than any Battlefield game, customization key
    • Engineer has flashlight under-slung on weapon for lighting up area, blinding enemy
    • Every weapon has 3 customization slots (barrels, etc)
    • Support solider has bi-pod - placed on any surface in game (more accuracy)
    • New feature called Suppression - all the bullets you fire at an enemy affect them regardless if you hit them or not. All the bullets you fire that get close enough will start to reduce their combat efficiency. Squad can then flank the enemy and you will receive a Suppression score.
    • Jets, boats, tanks, helicopters confirmed
    • LAV-25 Light Armored Vehicle confirmed, also in Operation Metro
    • Dog tags - fully customizable, dynamically updated, only obtainable from knife kills in the back
    • Knifing system more dramatic, spectacular
    • No regenerating health
    • Infinite sprint
    • Ability to destroy lights
    • M4, M249, AK74U, M9

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

No CTF? Fooking typical!

• Advertisement

Infinite sprint??? FFS. I was hoping BC2 was the last we'd see of that.

Fairy - CTF??? I assume that was a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I presume BF3's ranked servers for PC multiplayer will be limited to certain providers, anyone know any different??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Infinite sprint??? FFS. I was hoping BC2 was the last we'd see of that.

Maybe it's to help balance infantry against jets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Knifing system more dramatic, spectacular

please make the Knife a selectable weapon

no regenerating health

some good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Auvers wrote: »

In the Paris multiplayer clip did it look like the player countered a melee attack?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Krieg wrote: »
    No regenerating health

Hallelujah! :pac:

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I presume BF3's ranked servers for PC multiplayer will be limited to certain providers, anyone know any different??

No word on this yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/06/hands-on-with-battlefield-3-new-abilities-combat-medics-and-destruction.ars

From Ars's preview:
    The engineer is still a powerful weapon against vehicles, but he can now also equip a flashlight on his gun, temporarily blinding enemy soldiers in dark environments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

please make the Knife a selectable weapon

no regenerating health

some good news :)

People who played the demo yesterday at E3 said there was auto knife and health regen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

4 classes tuned for teamplay - Assault (medic abilities), Engineer (anti-vehicle, repair), Support (give ammo, suppressive fire), Recon (main focus supplying intel

thank christ for that...BF2142 had the classes perfectly, they were crap in BC2 really...

Also one of the dev team mentioned he was off to test fire Sig P226 and MP5 at the local police range…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

People who played the demo yesterday at E3 said there was auto knife and health regen
    Any idea if that was SP or MP they were playing? I'd imagine they'd have auto regen for SP but please god not for MP. Don't care about knife being hot keyed personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The demo was MP rush on normal mode.
    No health regen in hardcore but seems to be in normal mode. Doesn't regenerate if your under fire so you have to hide away from the action to get health regen.
    At least kill cams are gone

Its all here
    http://bf3blog.com/2011/06/battlefield-3-multiplayer-e3-impressions/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I've read here and there that bfbc2 was not really like a proper battlefield game :confused:

What exactly was it missing? or what was in it that shouldn't have been ?

why would you not want a killcam :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I've read here and there that bfbc2 was not really like a proper battlefield game :confused:

Killcams are crap. completely ruin flanking and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

the way the player moved was off to me,
    getting stuck on objects on the map,
    the vehicle handling was brutal,
    matrix knife,
    regen health,
    tiny maps,
    four classes,
    no commander
    no prone

all in all it just didn't have that special Battlefield mojo
    No prone, bad maps, weird choppers, worse than normal hit boxes(imo) and just generally didnt feel as good as BF2.

^this pretty much. Also being able to spawn on any squad member made things a little cluster****y. Seems like that's returning in BF3 as well :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It had none of the scale, tiny linear maps, only 32 players, slightly odd classes, reduced vehicles, no jets at all, only a token command system, no commander at all, simplistic knifing, no arty, no UAV's etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

No Commo Rose :mad:

its sounding increasingly like a COD clone :(

I hope not, but then again Red Orchestra 2 is coming out soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'm not sure I like the new 'suppression' system they are talking about. That could be turn out to be really annoying.

The no commo rose is annoying me nearly more than the lack of commander.

No being able to simply say 'thanks' or state you've spotted something without relying on the stupid spot system.

Call for a medic, engineer, ammo etc without having to 'spot' the necessary serviceman. Grr....

Call of Battlefield Company.

CoB.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No Commo Rose :mad:

its sounding increasingly like a COD clone :(

I hope not, but then again Red Orchestra 2 is coming out soon

saw a video of that

Looks interesting, when is it out?

Headshot wrote: »
    saw a video of that

Looks interesting, when is it out?

No date, just vaguely sometime this year.

Red Orchestra 2 is out in August, but could be delayed again.

Krieg wrote: »
    Red Orchestra 2 is out in August, but could be delayed again.

Got a source? That's the first semi solid date I've seen for it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Advertisement

Real people playing, and even Steven Spielberg is there to approve. It's hard to see much, but it's not the canned footage for public display. There's no sign of a killcam when someone dies I note.

Advertisement