Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

karma_ wrote: »
    Would be pretty cool in fairness, I remember RA2 had the giant ant missions which were brilliant.
    You should email them with your ant suggestion. They'll probably do it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some new screenshots leaked. I'd best not link to them since EA are not happy and they are NDA violating. They don't really show anything new, except that Battlelog is also a server browser and supports joining a server from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Seen the screens, looks like the poster is trying to throw up dirt on how crappy it looks, but what gives it away is the fraps fps counter on the right showing 510 fps, it's the lowest res and graphic setting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the rumors floating around about BF3 having a dinosaur horde mode as an answer to Nazi Zombies?

I think it'd be fun, personally, though its very unlikely.

Stupid. Nazi zombies was stupid, dinosaur mode would be equally stupid. Why shoe-horn crap like that into these games? It's lowest common denominator rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

has there been anymore info on the jets yet? im dieing to see them in action

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BArra wrote: »
    has there been anymore info on the jets yet? im dieing to see them in action

Nothing yet. Next expected reveal is Gamescom on Aug 17th.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

None that I'm aware of, apart from the nanoseconds in the teaser videos. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Stupid. Nazi zombies was stupid, dinosaur mode would be equally stupid. Why shoe-horn crap like that into these games? It's lowest common denominator rubbish.

Nazi Zombies was brilliant up until after Kino der Toten, then it got stale.

Its all down to personal opinion, I loved the WaW zombie maps and the first Black Ops zombie map and I'd love to be able to re-enact the scene from Jurassic Park where the T-Rex is charging after the jeep (albeit with the addition of my mate sitting in the back with a machine gun).

I don't see the problem with adding in things like Zombies or a dinosaur mode - its there to be enjoyed and if you don't like it, don't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

leaked multiplayer sniping clip

Great vid here, watch it in 720p while you can, sure loads will keep popping up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And here's some more. More official looking this time. Not sure if it was posted before, but it's new footage to me.

Decent video giving the size of Operation Metro and some of the buildings that you can damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

KilOit wrote: »
    Decent video giving the size of Operation Metro and some of the buildings that you can damage.

That's bull.

Half those buildings took a hit with the rocket launcher and it only left a dent in them.

I understand they've put in many more buildings into this map than in any BC game but still. I'd rather a few completely or partially destructible buildings instead of loads that you cant damage then one or two specific ones that you can. Makes the game feel too staged.

I really hope that's still based on pre-alpha footage.

Jaafa wrote: »
    That's bull.

Half those buildings took a hit with the rocket launcher and it only left a dent in them.

I understand they've put in many more buildings into this map than in any BC game but still. I'd rather a few completely or partially destructible buildings instead of loads that you cant damage then one or two specific ones that you can. Makes the game feel too staged.

I really hope that's still based on pre-alpha footage.

Zh1nt0 has since said the destruction is mostly turned off currently.

In better news EA keys on Steam now seem to work on Origin too:

http://kotaku.com/5823691/you-can-use-steam-keys-on-origin

though that does seem to suggest an escalation between EA and Valve and makes BF3 on Steam seem a little less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Would boards.ie have an issue with me/us posting info thats supposed to be under a NDA agreement? (Id rather not start a feedback thread on this)

Krieg wrote: »
    Would boards.ie have an issue with me/us posting info thats supposed to be under a NDA agreement? (Id rather not start a feedback thread on this)

If it's you violating an NDA then there's an issue. If you're linking to something posted offsite by someone else, then it should be okay. I can raise the issue internally if you want a more formal decision.

Spear wrote: »
    If it's you violating an NDA then there's an issue. If you're linking to something posted offsite by someone else, then it should be okay. I can raise the issue internally if you want a more formal decision.

Thanks spear, no need to raise the issue.
    I have a friend who's doing the alpha and ive been bombarding him with questions. I was going to post the info here but its fairly trivial info.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Thanks spear, no need to raise the issue.
    I have a friend who's doing the alpha and ive been bombarding him with questions. I was going to post the info here but its fairly trivial info.

Well the only question I'm sure a lot of us would like to ask is: Is it fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

5uspect wrote: »
    Is it fun?

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Spear wrote: »
    Zh1nt0 has since said the destruction is mostly turned off currently.

I think its turned off mainly! Only a few buildings can be brought down now, which is a really good thing. I've been on a few rounds of BC2 where there was very little left on the map, and it was crap. I'd rather have it with little or no destruction.

5uspect wrote: »
    Is it fun?

Bearing in mind its alpha and limited :

He loves it, but said its a bit too similar to BC2.

It's a 32 player rush map with only one vehicle, it's probably unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'd personally avoid posting anything unless your friend knows you are. You could end up screwing him over.

Zh1nt0 has confirmed that the beta will use a different map than the alpha.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1412526-questions-interviewers-directly-dice.html#post19582236

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://digg.com/story/r/battlefield_3_s_weapon_customization_explained_in_two_detailed_videos

30 minutes of a menu screen.

bascially your pointy kill stick of death cant be customized to be a better pointy stick of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

The handling of the guns seems more solid than BC2 or maybe they're just louder and giving me that impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just not a big fan of the dropping to prone but can still continue to shoot action.Can see that being used by everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh not drop shooting :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Lovely dolphin diving :P

Is it just me or does the stabbing action seem to take ages?

Advertisement