Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Exactly. Usually you can climb into the rubble and use it for cover too.
    Rubble cannot usually be blown up any more, so once you get in, and start sniping people off, their mortar strikes will have little effect on your "base"... :pac:

=-=

As I often level buildings with the UAV, C4, tanks, etc, I think "stronger" buildings are needed, or that the DCOM stations in Rush should be in the basement of the building - so if the building goes down, the DCOM survives.

Also, rubble of tall buildings should spill onto the road. At the moment, the building goes down, it's to you advantage, as the enemy can't hide in it. If the buildings goes down and your tank is stopped by the rubble, it is longer a good idea to level the landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

They way there is only one jump motion annoy anyone else a little bit ?Specially when climbing something that slightly above you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

no, if it doesn't effect gameplay I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

What's the story with pre-orders of this game. Is there still an extra map pack?

What I mean is, is it worth my while pre-ordering? Or did EA back down again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    What's the story with pre-orders of this game. Is there still an extra map pack?

All pre-orders get Back to Karkand. If you buy after release, you'll need to pay extra for it.

• Advertisement

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

Spear wrote: »
    All pre-orders get Back to Karkand. If you buy after release, you'll need to pay extra for it.

Thought it was just time based exclusive ?
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/06/battlefield-3-preorder-bonus-to-be-free-to-all-later-this-year.ars
    "I would like to start by clarifying that the Physical Warfare Pack is a time-based exclusive. If you do not preorder Battlefield 3 at a retailer carrying the Physical Warfare Pack, don't worry," the blog post explained. "We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack for free to all Battlefield 3 players later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Soby wrote: »
    Back to Karkand and Physical Warfare Pack are two different things.

Jim wrote: »
    Back to Karkand and Physical Warfare Pack are two different things.

Sorry i read Wiki wrong,thought it said BTK was included in the Warfare pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I've voucher to spend, hopefully it'll be well spent on a pre-order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Just saw a tweet that alpha testing has now closed. Hopefully the beta invites will be sent soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Where are people getting this? I would have gone Steam, but now I may go Origin. I've stopped getting physical copies to save shelf space and I like to be able to re-download to new hardrives.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

grizzly wrote: »
    Where are people getting this? I would have gone Steam, but now I may go Origin. I've stopped getting physical copies to save shelf space and I like to be able to re-download to new hardrives.

Direct from EA Downloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

KilOit wrote: »
    Very true, recently started playing BC2 again and jumped on a 1000 ticket game in heavy metal and with 500 tickets to go the entire center was a smoking rubble, you could barely hide behind the rubble with high cliffs around. same goes for arica harbor, most of the buildings in that map can be completely demolished.
    So for me i'd like to see major destruction. but only 2nd and 3rd floor of the buildings should be able to wiped out leaving somewhat of a hideout. maybe some maps to have reinforced steel buildings and bunkers that could still be used as cover. i like long games, but even the sort of destruction in BC2 by the end of it you could barley recognize the map.

Destruction is destruction, take it or leave it. And playing a 1000 ticket game, I would assume, would last a long time so no wonder the map was rubble by the end or even halfway point. For me, destruction is one of the things that makes this game awesome.

I was playing on heavy metal the other night with a chopper chasing me. He came down very low to follow me into a building where I was hiding and he did his best but I took him down with a well aimed RPG. But he had destroyed most of the building trying to get me and it was only a matter of time before it collapsed and killed me, I luckily got him first. So its swings and roundabouts imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I was holding out for steam release but im 90% sure thats not going to happen. Guess ill get it off origin (Even though Origin looks like **** and I imagine it will only cause more hassel), im a sucker for digital download, If I do buy a game in store ill always check and see if steam has it so I can put the CD-key into steam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No chance of it on Steam. In Alpha you had to activate your key on Origin, then launch the game via Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Here's a post about early beta access for Origin pre-orders, but only for US customers. Hopefully this will update for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Keyzer wrote: »
    Destruction is destruction, take it or leave it. And playing a 1000 ticket game, I would assume, would last a long time so no wonder the map was rubble by the end or even halfway point. For me, destruction is one of the things that makes this game awesome.
    IMO, flat landscape with houses equals lazy map making. Some of the best 1000 ticket maps, even if every building is levelled, will have ditches, mounds, hills, etc, to hide in, behind, on top of...

=-=

Looks more and more likely I'll be getting it from Gamestop for the extra weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Any word on how many multiplayer maps will be out on release? All I hear is Metro and the Back to Karkand 4 maps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EA are now saying that MoH gets you open beta access guaranteed and 2 days early access to the beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

to late to buy MOH now for that beta ?

or

would I have a good chance to get into the beta either way?

Headshot wrote: »
    to late to buy MOH now for that beta ?

or

would I have a good chance to get into the beta either way?

Origin pre-orders also get early beta access. You'd need to find a retailer still selling MoH Limited/tier 1 edition. The Steam version doesn't count and it's not worth spending the money on it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Origin pre-orders also get early beta access. You'd need to find a retailer still selling MoH Limited/tier 1 edition. The Steam version doesn't count and it's not worth spending the money on it to be honest.

pre order of BF3?

Headshot wrote: »
    pre order of BF3?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Damn, really wanted to get into beta, but also wanted a boxed version of bf3. do i have any other choices to get into beta other than crappy MoH, i have the Steam version and that even states it gets you into beta, but people here say otherwise.

Damn, really wanted to get into beta, but also wanted a boxed version of bf3. do i have any other choices to get into beta other than crappy MoH, i have the Steam version and that even states it gets you into beta, but people here say otherwise.

If you have it on Steam, you can add the serial to Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

If you have it on Steam, you can add the serial to Origin.

The key says it's only a standard edition key, my understanding it had to be a special edition. Got it on steam sale for next to nothing, but it did state it got you into the beta, little confused on the whole beta thing, is a open beta open to everybody that wants to play it regardless of entry fees or is this only going to be a closed beta which i gather has terms and conditions for entry.

The key says it's only a standard edition key, my understanding it had to be a special edition. Got it on steam sale for next to nothing, but it did state it got you into the beta, little confused on the whole beta thing, is a open beta open to everybody that wants to play it regardless of entry fees or is this only going to be a closed beta which i gather has terms and conditions for entry.

Then you have standard only, Steam wrongly claimed beta access during the sales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does the early access for Origin pre-orders apply to Europe though? It says it's for US customers at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

EA are now saying that MoH gets you open beta access guaranteed and 2 days early access to the beta.

A whole two days earlier? WOW Im so happy I kept MoH all this time and now if I try trade it in ill get about €2

I knew they would do something like that.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement