Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kiith wrote: »
    Does the early access for Origin pre-orders apply to Europe though? It says it's for US customers at the moment.

It's EU as well, you can open Origin and check directly (I already have done so though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Pre-ordered mine yesterday... yes... €44 from gamespot! Bargain!

As asked already, any sign of how many maps will be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-04-battlefield-3-uk-shop-pre-order-deals
    Varying Battlefield 3 goodies await, depending on which shop you place a UK pre-order with.

The choice is this: eight new multiplayer costumes, dog tags or two rare powerful weapons and some armour piercing ammo?
    On PC, fans have the option to pre-order Battlefield 3 at EA's digital store Origin. Do so and you'll get the Physical Warfare Pack, Back to Karkand expansion and a pair of Battlefield Play4Free items for free. You'll even get early access to the Battlefield 3 beta test, which starts in September.
    Right, I'll pre-order on Origin, then!
    Pre-orders for Battlefield 3 are ten times the number of pre-orders for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA has revealed.
    In other words, they can track the pre-sales better. Don't think they could count the Steam sales, or any keys bought by Steam, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

the_syco wrote: »

My Origin ID is grizgrizzly. Feel free to add me for BF3 matches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm thinking I'll just get this from Amazon. I've no doubt I'll have to install Origin anyway but I don't trust EA with a digital copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

Guys how much is it on origin? and anyone that was in the alpha do you get 3 free games if you pre order bf3, I was in the alpha but I'm not seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

5uspect wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'll just get this from Amazon. I've no doubt I'll have to install Origin anyway but I don't trust EA with a digital copy.

why not?
    I've used it for BF2142 and never had a problem with it...lightning fast to download as well (their download manager that is...it's now called origin)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    why not?
    I've used it for BF2142 and never had a problem with it...lightning fast to download as well (their download manager that is...it's now called origin)

I'm just an EA hater really. Sad but true.

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/battlefield-3-battleblog5

they promise 10 times the unlocks of BC2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Remember the Expert Armor badge in Battlefield 2...400 hours in a tank :pac:
    They should extend the time needed to reach the highest rank to somewhere between that of BC2 and BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Anyone know how long the beta test will be for. Im thinking of preordering on origin for the beta but i dont know if its worth it.

Origin price = 50e
    Russian origin key = 20e

Both Limited Edition...

What to do ? :confused:

Beta's sometime in September, nothing more specific than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

jackoire wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the beta test will be for. Im thinking of preordering on origin for the beta but i dont know if its worth it.

Origin price = 50e
    Russian origin key = 20e

Both Limited Edition...

What to do ? :confused:
    can you buy the russian key and use it in ireland?

I cannot go any other region as the Origin page keep redirect me back to Europe...

origin=49.99E...
    gamestop=29.99E...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Spear wrote: »
    http://www.ea.com/uk/news/battlefield-3-battleblog5

they promise 10 times the unlocks of BC2.
    That article seems to confirm handheld anti air weapons at the end there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

I used to play BF2 for years , i loved it so much but these days it does look a bit dated- still a great game though!

I purchased 2142 online from the ea store a few years back but i didnt like it at all, i cant explain why exactly , it just didnt do it for me.

If anyone here wants 2142 for nothing give me a shout and ill give you my log in details for the ea store,i wont be playing it again so better someone make use of it i suppose.

Also i just looked up BF3 for the PS3 on gamestop.ie, if you pre order it you get a few new weapons but it doesnt say anything about Karkand? Maybe Karkand is just a standard extra if you PO or are they not including it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Also i just looked up BF3 for the PS3 on gamestop.ie, if you pre order it you get a few new weapons but it doesnt say anything about Karkand? Maybe Karkand is just a standard extra if you PO or are they not including it?

http://www.gamestop.ie/39730_PlayStation_3_Battlefield_3_Limited_Edition_Physical_Warfare_Pack.aspx
    Available for a limited time, the Battlefield 3 pre-order offer features the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3™: Back to Karkand at no extra charge.* This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite™ 2 physics, destruction and visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

kk887 wrote: »

I cannot go any other region as the Origin page keep redirect me back to Europe...

origin=49.99E...
    gamestop=29.99E...
    anyone?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anyone?

is the game in russian? if so do you speak it?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

origin=49.99E...
    gamestop=29.99E...

Origin allows you to activate keys from any region :) , steam keys you need a russian ip to activate keys. I can buy a origin key from a russian cdkey seller, the non russian site will be selling russian cdkeys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I'm in Vancouvver right now for Siggraph, the graphics conference. Its the premier conference/exhibition for cutting edge computer animation, art etc.

I plan on spending some time ferreting out some background BF3 information. Obviously the levels of damage are intriguing and I really want to see how they do that.

If I find anything good I'll post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I'm in Vancouvver right now for Siggraph, the graphics conference. Its the premier conference/exhibition for cutting edge computer animation, art etc.

I plan on spending some time ferreting out some background BF3 information. Obviously the levels of damage are intriguing and I really want to see how they do that.

If I find anything good I'll post it here.

Please do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Been looking around at prices for preorder. Have it currently preordered for £30.50 on Amazon for the limited edition.

It seems as though gamestop.ie have the best price at €32 delivered for the PC for the Limited Edition. Comes with the Physical Warfare Pack too as well as the Karkand map/expansion.

Anyone else gotten it cheaper. What DLC comes with it too, if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

It seems as though gamestop.ie have the best price at €32 delivered for the PC for the Limited Edition

Damn, im pretty sure I pre-booked it for 40 euro at the local Gamestop,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Damn, im pretty sure I pre-booked it for 40 euro at the local Gamestop,
    Cancel and put the money you used to preorder towards another game. Saying that, you might not get it on launch day, but you'll get it the next business day if it doesn't arrive on time, i.e. the following Monday. Do you think you can you wait the weekend if it doesn't arrive on launch day?

EA are showing at least 1 jet at Gamescom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hopefully that's a confirmation we'll see more.

Be awesome if, since they showed their smallest map last time, they're gonna show the biggest one at GamesCon.

Advertisement