Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hmmm, only seeing this post now.....DAM!

I would love a beta, dont mind that dubs fook....all he does is rape in tanks...in fact if BF3 does not have tanks dubs is gonna have a mickey fit.....

I would have won that K : D contest alrite.....dunno about BF2...but from what I can remember I was better at BF2 then BFBC2 :eek::eek:

Where ya get the stats for BF2 now in anyways....?

bf2s.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Cmmdr_VIPER

:D

All I do is repair your damn tank! Pot, kettle etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cmmdr_VIPER

:D

All I do is repair your damn tank! Pot, kettle etc....

LMAO....the only time I am ever in a TANK is when I spawn on YOU!!!!!!

CLASSIC. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kill streak of 73, sounds like stat-padding to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

http://bf2s.com/player/43436478/

I'm especially proud of all my nade-launcher kills.

• Advertisement

lol

Here's mine
    http://bf2s.com/player/44903325/

Not great, but not too shabby either I suppose.

Spear wrote: »
    Kill streak of 73, sounds like stat-padding to me.

If I was stat padding my stats would be a hell of alot better...and a higher rank! :mad: Sure dubs has a K : D streak of 36.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

karma_ wrote: »
    http://bf2s.com/player/43436478/

I'm especially proud of all my nade-launcher kills.

rocket launcher useing w*nker you could hit a nats left ball from the other side of the map

LOL....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Grim. wrote: »
    rocket launcher useing w*nker you could hit a nats left ball from the other side of the map

That fooker would rather shoot you in the face with a rocket than shock paddle or knife ya. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

d22ontour wrote: »
    That fooker would rather shoot you in the face with a rocket than shock paddle or knife ya. :D

Those things were fun.

I may reinstall BF2. All this talk is making me nostalgic.

Good job we not talking about pacman then....:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

karma_ wrote: »
    Those things were fun.

I may reinstall BF2. All this talk is making me nostalgic.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm sure you we can get 4 or 5 players together for a blast...

Ooh I'd be up for it. Havent played it in ages.

In the words of Little Britain......

"COMPUTER SAYS NOOOOOOOO"......*COUGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Ah the nostalgia...

The hours I spent gleefully playing BF2 - my favorite in game pastime was rigging a little buggy up with C4 and driving it into a tank just after jumping out of it. The grief I got for doing that was worth it...

BF2 claim to fame - found the worldwide BF2 highest ranking player, joined the server he/she was on and kicked his/her ass. Not hard considering all he/she was doing was reviving people over and over again.

What a game (even with all the sh1tty patches)...

http://gamingbolt.com/3d-mark-11-an-exclusive-interview-with-futuremark-studios

Futuremark do a little talking up of BF3, reckoning it'll break the pattern of console ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Could the current hacking of the PS3 swing dev more in the direction of the PC again?

TheFairy wrote: »
    Could the current hacking of the PS3 swing dev more in the direction of the PC again?

Well from a BF3 standpoint, its being built on a DX11 based engine, so that's consoles on the back burner for that release anyway.

From a general consensus, I wouldn't imagine the PS3 hack thing will have any effect. Its only a very small percentage of machines that will ever be hacked anyway, so no biggie.

Lets hope they dont absolutely FOOK UP this title, its has an awful lot riding on it in terms of exspectations. I mean the amount of peeps who do not play BF anymore becoz of EA and or D!CE depending on your view is incredible.

This one game ,even more so with the rapid decline in support for the COD series could see a huge amount of peeps and clan roar back into action and propel the PC back to the summit of G4M!NG.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lets hope they dont absolutely FOOK UP this title, its has an awful lot riding on it in terms of exspectations. I mean the amount of peeps who do not play BF anymore becoz of EA and or D!CE depending on your view is incredible.

This one game ,even more so with the rapid decline in support for the COD series could see a huge amount of peeps and clan roar back into action and propel the PC back to the summit of G4M!NG.

Because people are getting pished off with stupid, point and shoot FPS games.

PC gamers are in general, used to something a bit more substantial. If we wanted to play console shooters, we'd buy consoles.

I know this is a generalisation, but console shooters are in general for dumb, twitch shooter players.

Why do ye think that because you buy a PC your more into hardcore....and if you buy a console your more into ''point and shoot''

There's a serious elitism that comes from people who's systems can show crisper graphics and who prefer to use different control methods.

Some of ye try push it to new levels, its not about those details, its about a state of mind... we're better... only we want realistic games :rolleyes:

Why do ye think that because you buy a PC your more into hardcore....and if you buy a console your more into ''point and shoot''

There's a serious elitism that comes from people who's systems can show crisper graphics and who prefer to use different control methods.

Some of ye try push it to new levels, its not about those details, its about a state of mind... we're better... only we want realistic games :rolleyes:

Its got nothing to do with the graphics.

As a PC in general is a far more powerful platform than a console, with huge amounts of RAM and storage in comparison, games can be far more complex, expansive and detailed that console counterparts.

Assisted aim is another factor to a lot of console games, and don't try to state that a controller is anywhere near as accurate or responsive as a k/b + mouse combination.

Consoles have their place, sure they do.

And as in this forum we're all BF players, you're really barking up the wrong tree.

You simply cannot have a game even as detailed as BF2 on a console, with its commander, rank hierarchy, order system, comms system etc. It just wouldn't work.

BF3 will follow that style.

PC is better for FPS and tactical shooter, end of. There is no comparison.

I do however think consoles have it better when it comes to sports and racing IMO (among others).

Its got nothing to do with the graphics.

As a PC in general is a far more powerful platform than a console, with huge amounts of RAM and storage in comparison, games can be far more complex, expansive and detailed that console counterparts.

Assisted aim is another factor to a lot of console games, and don't try to state that a controller is anywhere near as accurate or responsive as a k/b + mouse combination.

Consoles have their place, sure they do.

And as in this forum we're all BF players, you're really barking up the wrong tree.

You simply cannot have a game even as detailed as BF2 on a console, with its commander, rank hierarchy, order system, comms system etc. It just wouldn't work.

BF3 will follow that style.

PC is better for FPS and tactical shooter, end of. There is no comparison.

I do however think consoles have it better when it comes to sports and racing IMO (among others).

Firstly I'm not disputing a ''good'' PC is more powerful, however not everyone has the latest tech so it varies from person to person.

Secondly I haven't the time for a keyboard and mouse, if people prefer it, more power to them, but me with my controller with pawn most people with a keyboard and mouse, it doesn't mean everyone is brilliant.

And lastly you completely missed my point. I wasn't trying to argue consoles were better, it wasn't to try initiate the usual PC vs Console debate, I didn't like your comment trying to liken the choice to personality, in that real gamers choose PC and consoles are where the noobs and simpletons play.

I don't want to spend weeks/months learning to use a keyboard and mouse, that's the main reason i game on PS3, i also want a few years out of my purchase.

I bought a laptop last xmas thinking i could play some RTS on it and it's capable of nothing more then Football Manager, there's too much tech knowledge needed to game on PC.

I hate COD style shooters, the only decent ones we've had on PS3 were BC2, Socom Confrontation and Rainbow 6.
    It has nothing to do with the gamers but the producers.

I never played BF2 but in fairness MAG is pretty expansive(but it's pretty ****) so I think if they wanted they could make decent tactical shooters for the PS3. Unfortunately they haven't yet to any degree.

Just because some of use chose a console doesn't mean there's a personality issue behind it. I've just found PC's to be more hassle then anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

but me with my controller with pawn most people with a keyboard and mouse

are you just trolling or do you honestly believe that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

.... but me with my controller with pawn most people with a keyboard and mouse....

LOL not a chance in hell! Dont forget that consoles use bloody auto aim, nothing like that in PC gaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

me with my controller with pawn most people with a keyboard and mouse

Quoted a third time to emphasize how WRONG you are. Most PC players would easily beat even a top console player in an FPS when both are using their respective controller setups. Didn't matchups like these actually happen in the past with Quake 3 on the PC and Dreamcast? I wonder what the outcome was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Another thread degenerates into pointless PC v's Console fanboism,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

yep the microsoft tried an experiment lately and average keyboard/mouse players owned the console pros so bad they ditched the idea of having both on the same network.

All I can say is, there isn't a quake3 console player that could live with me in quake3, I don't care what settings/game style he uses, I'd be shocked if he'd
    even manage a frag, it's simply a case of the player (me) moving too fast for the controller.

But given auto aim and the slower pace of war games plus their campy nature, I'd say the gap isn't as big and I would nearly go as far as to say, a great console player would make the top half in an average game.
    This would be down to their natural talent and tbh, i'd say that given a keyboard + mouse they would become great PC players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

"There was a project that got killed at Microsoft. This project was designed to allow console gamers and PC gamers to interact and battle over a connected environment. Personally I wish it would have stayed the course. I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

"The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative."

says it all tbh...

anyway we are sliding off topic what about BF3 again :D

Advertisement