Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Telling it like it is

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The BF vs CoD thing is getting dangerously close to Poe's Law for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    The BF vs CoD thing is getting dangerously close to Poe's Law for games.

Jaysus, that's a bit high-brow for this thread Spear!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

Ponster wrote: »
    5uspect wrote: »
    All first personz shooterz are like CoD, even Quake.

I'm sure you mean that all first personz shooterz are like Quake, even CoD. :)

Well of course CoD is like Quake, same engine, innit. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_15968/Three_Reasons_You_Should_Pass_on_Battlefield_3

hahahaha wonder how much Activision are paying Alex Osborn to spout such sh1t

and what makes it more ridiculous that reason 3 completely contradicts reason 1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That is utterly ridiculous. His number 1 point to not get it is becase it's a FPS, and then this number 3 is because of MW3? Eh, what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Point Number 4 - battlefield 3 totally sucks. I haven't played it but it just does. FPS market is waaaay too overcrowded...I mean, we have MW2, Black Ops, and now MW3! How many FPS's do you need people?

(made into a quote incase people took me serious!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

BULLER wrote: »
    Point Number 4 - battlefield 3 totally sucks. I haven't played it but it just does. FPS market is waaaay too overcrowded...I mean, we have MW2, Black Ops, and now MW3! How many FPS's do you need people?
    If I hadn't of seen your sig, then I probably would have taken you seriously there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Such ridiculous points, regarding 1 + 3. And also Number 2, trolling the PC users as 'hardcore' gamers. Utterly ridiculous. Some 12 year old snot-nosed kid wrote this article.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

He's probably trolling in an attempt to drum up some traffic for his website using the BF3 vs MW3 arguement. Or he's a moron.

• Advertisement

seyeM wrote: »
    He's probably trolling in an attempt to drum up some traffic for his website using the BF3 vs MW3 arguement. Or he's a moron.
    Cant he be both?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

seyeM wrote: »

He's a complete and utter muppet in my opinion - whatever credibilty he had is well and truly down the drain after such a ludicrous analysis of a game that hasn't even been released yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

So much nut huggery in that article

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Good deal on now – pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin during August and get either Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 or *cough* Medal of Honor for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Pity it's not dragon age 2, any pc gamer worth his salt would have me2 and ds2, nevemind moh it's lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dragon Age 2 is meh imo

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Krieg wrote: »
    but said its a bit too similar to BC2.

I hope hes right :) cause i love bc2 :D , i was sorta fearing its gonna taste like MOH, sounds a bit like it....

grizzly wrote: »
    Good deal on now – pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin during August and get either Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 or *cough* Medal of Honor for free.
    It's actually not a great offer at all, tbh. You can get the limited edition from Gamestop.ie for €33 delivered. €17 for ME2 or Dead Space 2? Hmmm.

Do your wallet a favour and buy them somewhere else. Then add them to Origin if you really want afterwards. €50 for a digital download PC game is a bit outrageous to be honest.

They are showing some more BF3 at Gamescom right now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ea-gamescom-electronic-arts/719007

Co-op mode eh?

Colour me interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow a new trailer

the graphics look unreal

That new trailer was absolutely fantastic. The plane and chopper combat looks insane and the graphics were amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, new map is Caspian Border and that looked like a bomb defusal drone in use near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

best trailer yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Spear wrote: »
    Hmm, new map is Caspian Border and that looked like a bomb defusal drone in use near the end.

literally a wtf moment for me just before i burst out laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ill say it again but god damn the graphics are class

I got to buy moh to get into the beta of this beast

That's god damn awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

holy fúck...that is all sorts of awesome :D

Advertisement