Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OperaticBug

Well back on topic, BF3 had better be a proper successor to BF2 and BF2142, where tactics and skill won the round, not just point and shoot of BFBC2 and BFBC2V, or chopper spawn raping. After going to BF2142 for the best part of 2 years from BF2, BFBC2 was only ok, it could have been a fantastic change but quickly became boring with the smallish maps and constant base raping. Some larger maps do allow for more varied gameplay and the only BFBC2 maps that seems to do this for me are Atacama Desert or Heavy Metal. Anyhow, so long as BF3 has the commander system and proper spotting with the BFBC2 graphics it should be a great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

teaser trailer out today apparently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's the Gameinformer cover too. Looks like a similar style to BC2 imagery wise at least, but it would make sense to capitalise on the cross platform success of BC2.

gami_215_front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Grim. wrote: »
    teaser trailer out today apparently

Link?

Tomorrow aparently (4th Feb).

Interesting blog:
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/02/03/looking-ahead.aspx

BF1943 and BC2 Onslaught cancelled (PC). Support for BC2 for a while, switching focus to BF3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Link?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/03/march-cover-revealed-battlefield-3.aspx
    You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes, but check back here and visit the official Battlefield 3 site tomorrow to watch the premiere teaser trailer and glean a few more key details.

https://twitter.com/locust9/status/33204033913102336

There's been various tweets all week from the devs promising something later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

This may be of some interest to one or two people here. Slight interest.

It's the Battlefield 3 teaser...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Well that teaser is certainly an anti-climax.

Did I see a Lynx in there though? (I watched it on battlefield.com)

Interesting choice of chopper if so.

I see they're using the fire-on-the-soldier thing like BC2.

I reckon they'll look very similar. I really hope this is a full Battlefield game. (i.e not a dumbed down version like BC2)

. I really hope this is a full Battlefield game. (i.e not a dumbed down version like BC2)

fingers crossed it wont be

but I don't like all this talk about it being a COD "killer"

I detested COD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Auvers wrote: »

I detested COD

Yeah the tagline on that poster above worries me "DICE sets its sights on Call of Duty". If its going after COD market share then surely that means BF3 is going to be multi-platform. I'm just guessing but I would imagine the vast majority of MW2 and BLOPS players are on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »

I detested COD

I was trying my very best to ignore that on the poster.

Thanks for ruining my plan and posting it here!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

More and more i hate what the crappy little consoles have done to gaming :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

All this talk of COD killing and whatever. I don't give a rat's ass about other franchises. Just make a good game and forget about killing rival franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Ohh did I see a jet blow up the helicopter right at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why include prone?

Was just fine the way it was imo, I dont want it to turn into bloody cod prone ****e

Headshot wrote: »
    Why include prone?

Was just fine the way it was imo, I dont want it to turn into bloody cod prone ****e

Because prone has always been in BF games iirc.

BC2 is the first release without it (on PC)

Why include prone?

Dolphin Diving FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Because prone has always been in BF games iirc.

BC2 is the first release without it (on PC)

oh I didnt play the the earlier ones

Still dont like prone because i would be worried to see the **** that's in mw2

drop shooting

drop shooting

I hate that term " drop shooting", it sound like a revisionist attempt to rehabilitate those who abuse prone.

It should be easy enough to get rid of dolphin diving.

Simply code that you cannot go prone within 1 second of jumping. Simple.

• Advertisement

It should be easy enough to get rid of dolphin diving.

Simply code that you cannot go prone within 1 second of jumping. Simple.

Yeah I'm pretty certain the patched up BF2 shortly after release because it was rampant

Yeah I'm pretty certain the patched up BF2 shortly after release because it was rampant

Its wasn't shortly after release when they patched it, that was the problem.

Battlefield isn't COD or anything like that bastardizon of the battlefield name in the guise of BC2 either.

I am just hoping BF3 it lives up to illustrious predecessors

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Seriously doubt this will be a patch on the previous BF games. Will be pleasantly surprised if it is.

Just found out about the new Red Ochestra game that is around the corner. Ships with 64 player maps, dedicated servers and mod tools on release. Thats what PC gaming should be about 100% of the time, not these bastardized console releases we are getting at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TheFairy wrote: »
    Seriously doubt this will be a patch on the previous BF games. Will be pleasantly surprised if it is.

Just found out about the new Red Ochestra game that is around the corner. Ships with 64 player maps, dedicated servers and mod tools on release. Thats what PC gaming should be about 100% of the time, not these bastardized console releases we are getting at the moment.

Arma 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

The worst sounding part of this CoD killing desire is guess what ruins CoD for the most part? The absolutely ****e community that comes with the game, I don't want those immature shítes playing BF3 for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

64 player limit, prone and planes? i cant wait! back to its roots

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I think is funny that people think large maps with 64 players is the answer to everything. It just masks the sh1t if not done properly. You have got to get the fundamentals in place 1st and the rest will slot into place.

Yes, Big maps are great...IMHO they add to the realism of a game. I remember the larger Karkand map in BF2, there could easily have been 2 full on battles in the top half and bottom half of that map at the same time, and the armour was scaled perfectly...you dont need 64 tanks for a 64 player map....also the perfect game is all about balance....it does not matter how good a player is in a plane for example, they should not be able to rape for the whole round without a player of the same skill in another plane!!! It must be balanced correctly....the jets in BF2 were just terrible in the right hands.

I dont hold out much hope for BF3 to be honest.....in fact I ****in hate the way EA bring out a series, have it half perfect and leave it and bring out another re-incarnation and start the whole process again.....I tell you what I would love, bring out a full version of VIETNAM with a rake of large maps and tweak it just a tad....coz that would be UBER FOOKIN GOOD.

I agree, but the more players on larger maps makes for some epic battles :)

I'll always rememebr one crazy battle I had on Karkand, with the clan I was in.

It was one of our servers that one night turned into a clan v clan battle.

At the far end of Karkand, their team was down at the railway tracks and were were pretty much all based up the hill.

32 v 32 and it was crazy. Them firing everything they had up the hill, us firing back down, medics and resupply everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

BF always had the Rock Paper Scissors pretty much nailed until BF2, planes and to some extent the choppers became too powerful.

Every weapon and vehicle should have an equal adversary, simples. Go back to BF1942, even grenades can damage tanks, and rockets can sometimes one shot kill, thats the way it should be.

Advertisement