Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

64 player and no vehicles is pure class. Always great fun n BF2. Mashtuur, Karkand, Sharqi, Jalalabad were all excellent 64 player no vehicle maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

The thing i loved about the 64 player maps on BF2 was the many many different locations where a really intense firefight would break out. I used to love the whole power struggle in karkand. Teams on either side of the bridge trying there best to break through. There was an intensity in the 64 player games, its felt more like a battlefield. However saying that i also like the longer more strategic 32 battles. I depends on your mood, if you want crazy heart pounding action you play 64 player if you want to be more conservative and team based you play 32. Each has its own charms and thrills

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, The rail crossing in Karkand was always the sweet spot for a really good war. And back then it was not a case of 25 snipers on either side.....absolute great battles.

And the great thing is that we get to do it all over again in BF3, returning to karkand is gonna be a strange feeling!! Id like it if it wasnt a direct copy of the BF2 version. I would really change the map allot of players could enter many of the buildings. I would be great if the city was more destroyed too, kinda like the aftermath of all the matches played there before :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »

Its up for me :)

Here's some pics I screen grabbed :):)

149365.png

149366.png

149367.png

149368.png

149369.png

Its defo gameplay footage too. Looks great. There was a bit of the player dragging a soldier away too, but couldn't be arsed trying to pause to get a screen of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The graphics looks somthing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Looks amazing

If that is gameplay then color me impressed

Yep, well looking at the vid, it defo looks like gameplay.

Could be pre-rendered, but a good indication. If its real time, its been run on an i7 980x and triple 580 SLI lol

Or a render farm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

128 players? Bloody hell, waiting for a tank must be like a trip to the Dole office
    I wouldn't mind playing on 128 player BF2 for that reason. Me + humvee + C4 + queue of the enemy waiting for a tank. If I don't knock them over, I'll jump out, and kill them all.

But 128 only works on maybe 3 maps, and coral sea if the plane respawn was 5 seconds.

Oh, and watch it on 1080p :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Heavy distorted bass all in up that sh*t, thats what I'm talkin bout!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

I'm wondering if my gtx 465 will be up for this on high settings; looks absolutely incredible!

Ah yeah, Id say that GPU will be fine to run it at a decent setting mate....I hope they have it optimised well and that the AA actually works proper in the game unlike BFBC2.

Anyhow....can wait to unleash my Sandy Bridge on this B!TCH :eek:

I think they have the ranking down to a tee these DICE FOOKS, just as you get to rank 50 a new version of the game is out....although I was the highest rank in 2142 for a while before BC2 came out....but then that NORTHERN STRIKE sh1t surfaced.....I stopped playing BF2 for a while so never got past Captain, and I am rank 50 for a while now in BFBC2.

BULLER wrote: »
    I'm wondering if my gtx 465 will be up for this on high settings; looks absolutely incredible!

Well I can max out BC2 on my gtx460 so I'd say you'll be able to. I know my 460 has a higher FP16 texture fill rate than your GTX465, Hence its faster in BC2 in most reviews, but only by a couple of frames - but I'd say you'll be fine for mostly maxed (same as my 460 1GB).

Overclock it a bit and you should get a few more frames out of it.

Looks like I will have to train you all over again in BF3 dubs.....Ahh well, I think this will be my last campaign as Wonda 3oy, might go back to V!P3R.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Looks like I will have to train you all over again in BF3 dubs.....Ahh well, I think this will be my last campaign as Wonda 3oy, might go back to V!P3R.

I'll be the one doing the training - I have a beta code :P

DOH!!!!! :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Back to Karkand pack contains:

Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1392330-what-maps-back-karkand-discussion-2.html#post19094653

Spear wrote: »
    The Back to Karkand pack contains:

Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1392330-what-maps-back-karkand-discussion-2.html#post19094653

Wake Island - meh
    Strike at Karkand - meh
    Gulf of Oman - yay!
    Sharqi Peninsula - yay!

• Advertisement

Wake Island - meh
    Strike at Karkand - meh
    Gulf of Oman - yay!
    Sharqi Peninsula - yay!

I'd be the opposite on Sharqi versus Oman. Though that may be because I dind't play much of Oman, since it wasn't in rotations much due to its presence in the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Assume we will get more in Future DLCs.

Wake Island tho, Dice must have a hardon for that map.

Felt it was best in 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Assume we will get more in Future DLCs.

Wake Island tho, Dice must have a hardon for that map.

Felt it was best in 42.

Never gonna beat 42 Wake, map was fantastic in that game. Possibly the most popular BF map? That or Karkand anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

VIP3R? Cool.

Yeah syco mate....all the other BF games I was V!P3R in them. I did love that name so I think I will go back to it, then again I love when I am playing BFBC2 and I hammer peeps and the abuse flys at me and they think I am like 13 yrs old or some ****....so funny.

Little do they know....And not only do I have a theme tune with jack black singing WONDA BOY, I believe Tine Tempah has another song out using Wonda boy or some ****. I really should be getting royalties!!!!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Carlsberg dont make Battlefield maps, but if they did...Karkand. Nothing will ever beat the intensity, diversity and balance that Karkarnd offered. So happy its making a deservid return.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I never really did get all the fanatical love for Strike at Karkand? Sure its a good map but I personally enjoyed the likes of Gulf of Oman or Mashtuur city more?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Stalingrad in BF1942 was the greatest battlefield map of all time. FACT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I just hope they limit the number of grenades to 1, otherwise karkand will still be a nade fest. The accepted strategy in bf2 was run forward about 15ft and just start lobbing grenades over the buildings while standing beside an ammo box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah syco mate....all the other BF games I was V!P3R in them. I did love that name so I think I will go back to it, then again I love when I am playing BFBC2 and I hammer peeps and the abuse flys at me and they think I am like 13 yrs old or some ****....so funny.

Little do they know....And not only do I have a theme tune with jack black singing WONDA BOY, I believe Tine Tempah has another song out using Wonda boy or some ****. I really should be getting royalties!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Sometimes im convinced your 13.

Advertisement