Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Battlefield-3-Open-Beta-Stats-Revealed-in-Infographic-228626.shtml

47 billion shots were fired :D - If you could travel one light year for each of those bullets, you'd reach the end of the known universe.

Everyone who played assault contributed 2.2 billion regenerated health points, just a bit more than the number of people who use the Internet.

19 million people lost their dog tags at the end of a knife - That's just more than enough for every person in Shanghai, the world's most populated city.

21 million M-Com stations were destroyed, the number of active Twitter users.

635.6 meters was the distance from where the longest sniper headshot was recorded.

1.5 billion kills were registered, more than half the number liters of beer consumed around the world in 2011.

8,125,310 users played the Battlefield 3 open beta - That's enough people to fill New York city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

TBH, the only battlefield 3 news I've been following is in this thread.

Watching the new video was my first time finding out their will be boats, and free falling / HALO parachuting!

What a nice ****ing suprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I too have the PC350 headset and it is a really great piece of kit. Very very comfortable and superb audio. YES, you pay more but I have it about 6/7mths now and its still perfect.

Gamestop is opening at 12 midnight on pre launch day and 8am on launch day. Still no offical price till launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I too have the PC350 headset and it is a really great piece of kit. Very very comfortable and superb audio. YES, you pay more but I have it about 6/7mths now and its still perfect.

ye frakking bastards..I've been holding off on buying a headset and was looking at these previously...now I've to go off and buy em :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Be freezing outside at midnight waiting for a game

Never again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Headshot wrote: »

Never again
    Pizza and a bottle or two, turn it into a social thing :pac:

Just a heads up that theres an Origin Update for people like myself who do not have it set to run at startup.

Might as well update now and save time on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

waveform wrote: »
    Just a heads up that theres an Origin Update for people like myself who do not have it set to run at startup.

Might as well update now and save time on launch.
    There's a new patch for that thing almost every week. So, the odds are you'll need to update it again, possibly twice before the launch of the game.

There's a new patch for that thing almost every week. So, the odds are you'll need to update it again, possibly twice before the launch of the game.

Cheers, first time ever using the thing so didn't realize updates were so frequent.

waveform wrote: »
    Cheers, first time ever using the thing so didn't realize updates were so frequent.
    The service, as Origin is relatively young. New update come out fairly often for it as a result. What it really needs is autoupdating in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BmxNoob

Just a quick question .This game wont be available to play in Ireland until its release on 28/10/2011 correct ? So if I pre order the game now I wont be able to play till that date ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think if we use a US proxy or something we can play it on the 25th. Im not sure on that though. Also anyone know how to set that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I think if we use a US proxy or something we can play it on the 25th. Im not sure on that though. Also anyone know how to set that up?

Fine for downloading the game but pings would be ****e.

True, but we could get through the singleplayer. Pre load begins on 21st anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

out of curiosity to the lads with the pc360/350s what sound cards are you using? reading my X-Fi Titanium Fatality might not get the best out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Grim. wrote: »
    out of curiosity to the lads with the pc360/350s what sound cards are you using? reading my X-Fi Titanium Fatality might not get the best out of them

I actually bought the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card to go with my new headset when I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Onboard Soundcard and Sennheiser 150s, standalone USB mic :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

BmxNoob wrote: »
    This game wont be available to play in Ireland until its release on 28/10/2011 correct

A crap. I thought we were well passed getting seperate release dates when it comes to major titles.

Also never had an issue with my G35's, solid piece of kit

Would there be any difference in price pre-ordering from Origin compared to from gamestop or other stores ? I will probably pre-order from Origin so I can download the game straight from the internet on the 21st instead of getting the game delivered.

Would there be any difference in price pre-ordering from Origin compared to from gamestop or other stores ? I will probably pre-order from Origin so I can download the game straight from the internet on the 21st instead of getting the game delivered.
    Origin have it for €50. You can get it on Gamestop.ie for €32 delivered. And most likely it will be there the day before launch with Gamestop. Either way you wont be able to play it early since it wont activate until that friday I would imagine. Went with Gamestop myself.

• Advertisement

Origin have it for €50. You can get it on Gamestop.ie for €33 delivered. And most likely it will be there the day before launch with Gamestop. Either way you wont be able to play it early since it wont activate until that friday I would imagine. Went with Gamestop myself.

Oh right .I thought that price was like to reserve it and that you would have to pay a final €17 extra or whatever when its released. €33 for a new game seems like very good value . Are you sure about it arriving the day before ? What courier service did you choose ?

Oh right .I thought that price was like to reserve it and that you would have to pay a final €17 extra or whatever when its released. €32 for a new game seems like very good value . Are you sure about it arriving the day before ? What courier service did you choose ?
    Gamestop use An Post to delivery your game at the standard delivery rate of €2. I've often gotten game the day before release with them using that and they pretty much guarantee it for release day if you use their €5.50 delivery option (making your order €36 or so with courier delivery). You also get a load of the DLC with Gamestop too. Back to Karkand Pack, the Physical Warfare Pack and the Specact Kit too.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/promoPages/LandingPages/bf3/

It'd be hard to turn your nose up at those prices with the DLC included. I think you'd be hard pressed to find people on here who have had a bad experience with them tbh (Oh, and no, I dont work for them! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Headshot wrote: »

Never again

Nah....I remember doing that for COD:BO in Xtra vision. It was absolutely hammering down with rain, and all the little jay z wannabe's standing getting the balls froze off them. Sat in the car for 10mins till the queue was actually in the shop said I wanted the game for the "CRAPPY PC" and the queues were for the consoles got said copy and pissed off home!!!

END OFF.:D

Grim. wrote: »

I am using the same Creative Labs S/c for the last 2yrs now. Keep bringing it with me with all my builds. No point upgrading a s/c IMHO.

I have the standard X-Fi Xtreme Music and its fine....it was an actual replacement I got for a dodgy X-fi card that was out of warranty back in the days of Compustore. Its fine powering my S750 7.1 speakers or my PC360's.

Whats the problem with you sound card Grim?

Game is already up on torrent, apparently peeps just waiting for cracks which will not be long at all....****in terrible!!!! :mad:

Not long to go now for full retail.....:D

I would pay literally a fiver for someone to invent a time machine so it can be next week already! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

"we would argue that we're the best looking game"

al' you've done is argue that point, silly developer person!

I never thought a company like this would lose its integrity so much over the course of one title launch. its a sad way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Game is already up on torrent, apparently peeps just waiting for cracks which will not be long at all....****in terrible!!!! :mad:

Not long to go now for full retail.....:D

Game Piracy is a myth, dontcha know!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Would hurt feck all in sales anyway, 99% are getting it for multiplayer so unless you wanna play hacked servers or run the risk of getting your account banned you're better off paying for it

Advertisement