Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Burgo wrote: »

Wow... what was going on at the start there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Can someone explain to me about the "first day patch". Does that mean I won't be able to play straight away and if so how long will it take to download etc?

EAGER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

mozattack wrote: »
    Wow... what was going on at the start there?

He'd jumped out of a plane flown to high altitude and popped his chute, the movement is spin to get to land on top of the antenna.

long way down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

lads,

where is the cheapest place to order or buy in shop BF3 for xbox

i see gamestop.ie are €43.97 + €2 postage

anywhere cheaper??? would like to the limited edition with extra maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mozattack wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me about the "first day patch". Does that mean I won't be able to play straight away and if so how long will it take to download etc?

EAGER

IF there is a first day patch then when you start the game it will automatically download and install it before you can play (same as bad company 2).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Game is already up on torrent, apparently peeps just waiting for cracks which will not be long at all....****in terrible!!!! :mad:

Not long to go now for full retail.....:D
    Not helping the game developers are they? Idiots imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Sure I think I'm right in saying it's in Russian and uncracked atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Sure I think I'm right in saying it's in Russian and uncracked atm!

There is RUS/ENG version (can change language with a registry edit) which is retail up about 4 days ago.
    Even if they do crack the game people will still buy it for multiplayer.
    Ive read comments and most people said they've preordered and just want to play singleplayer while they wait till 28th.

I don't think it will effect sails to much. If server files get leaked that's a different story.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jackoire wrote: »
    There is RUS/ENG version (can change language with a registry edit) which is retail up about 4 days ago.
    Even if they do crack the game people will still buy it for multiplayer.
    Ive read comments and most people said they've preordered and just want to play singleplayer while they wait till 28th.

I don't think it will effect sails to much. If server files get leaked that's a different story.

If the server files leak, they'll just do what they did last year for BC2 and apply a whitelist.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/mw3for99p

Someone badly overordered on the MW3 copies it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Spear wrote: »

So basically what gamestop are saying here is:

A PRE-OWNED copy of Battlefield 3 is worth £40.98 to them

And a BRAND NEW copy of MW3 is worth 99p!!! :P

Hehe, even gamestop can see how ****e COD is in comparison! ;)

waveform wrote: »

I'm thinking they see more resale value in a used BF3 copy than they do a used MW3 copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I'm thinking they see more resale value in a used BF3 copy than they do a used MW3 copy.

Ah I know, I was just taking the piss and giving COD yet another dig in the balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

http://kotaku.com/5851801/four-ways-that-battlefield-3s-beta-changed-the-game
    Four Ways That Battlefield 3’s Beta Changed the Game
    47 billion shots fired, 2.2 billion regenerated health, 19 million lost dog tags, 1.5 billion kills. But Battlefield 3's raging beta wasn't just about those numbers, and a little sly marketing to boot, game developers DICE actually used the experience to tweak the way the game works online.
    Posted on the Playstation blog today, the team says they made hundreds of changes and additions based on the experiences everyone had during the game's beta. Here's the four they decided to highlight:

Improved Squad Functionality
    There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (if team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad, and changing squads once in game.

More Accessible Settings Menu

The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

Improved Kill Cam

In the Open Beta, the Kill Cam would sometimes behave erratically. This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

Netcode Optimization
    The netcode is one of the many things that we tested as part of the Open Beta and it was not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates, and has heard, the feedback you've provided and is further optimizing online play.
    Yeeessss. They've finally moved the settings menu so that it can be access from the deploy screen. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Marketing genius, that's a huge increase in sales for bf3 so now even the mw3 fans sitting on the fence will be mad not to buy this game, very clever. has to be from coming from Gamestop solely. can't see a publisher pulling strings here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

They could be cashing in on all those people who declared they will cancel their pre orders during the beta or not pick u bf3 at all

They'll pick it up from gamestop because they'll see no loss in giving full game a go and then trade it in for mw3 and think they were being clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Now u can change your name for bf3 / origin :D
    Thx to millions of requests on support lol...
    http://www.origin.com/us/change-id#

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    They could be cashing in on all those people who declared they will cancel their pre orders during the beta or not pick u bf3 at all

They'll pick it up from gamestop because they'll see no loss in giving full game a go and then trade it in for mw3 and think they were being clever.

Not quite, you have to buy both from Gamestop first, and only when you post in BF3 do they refund the cost of MW3 less 99p. So they get your money for both first, get any interest on that, keep any money from potentially boosted sales, keep any money from those who forget about the offer, and in the worst case where people do take advantage, they still have a second hand copy of BF3 to resell. It's little more than the rebate coupon crap that's so prevalent with US retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

http://kotaku.com/5851801/four-ways-that-battlefield-3s-beta-changed-the-game

Yeeessss. They've finally moved the settings menu so that it can be access from the deploy screen. Phew!

Have they changed it so you can quit a game without having to spawn?

First 10 mins of single player on the PS3 (obviously will have spoilers).

grizzly wrote: »
    Have they changed it so you can quit a game without having to spawn?

First 10 mins of single player on the PS3 (obviously will have spoilers).
    Well I assume so. Since those settings were with the graphics settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Not quite, you have to buy both from Gamestop first, and only when you post in BF3 do they refund the cost of MW3 less 99p. So they get your money for both first, get any interest on that, keep any money from potentially boosted sales, keep any money from those who forget about the offer, and in the worst case where people do take advantage, they still have a second hand copy of BF3 to resell. It's little more than the rebate coupon crap that's so prevalent with US retailers.

If im not mistaken, a code is needed to play bf3 online on the console? This will mean they wont be able to re-sell a new second hand game for as much as they usually do. ie €5 less. It will have to be €15-€20 euro less for anybody with sense to buy it preowned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Grim. wrote: »
    out of curiosity to the lads with the pc360/350s what sound cards are you using? reading my X-Fi Titanium Fatality might not get the best out of them

I bought a headphone amp for my PC 360 (fiio e5).

Have a X-Fi Fatality PCI card myself

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphone-Amplifier-FiiO-iPhone-Combi-unit/dp/B004LLMOPS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319198782&sr=8-4

About €20

jackoire wrote: »
    Now u can change your name for bf3 / origin :D
    Thx to millions of requests on support lol...
    http://www.origin.com/us/change-id#

Cheers for that jackoire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Cheers for that jackoire

Can get it to work?? I click the log in button but nothing happens :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Got to love amazon

Cant wait to get the 360's going

Headshot wrote: »
    Got to love amazon

Cant wait to get the 360's going

Give me some feedback on them.

I know you will love them! :)

Strange one!

Any script blockers running?

Try a different browser?

You probably tried this but i had to ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

DrMorphine wrote: »
    If im not mistaken, a code is needed to play bf3 online on the console? This will mean they wont be able to re-sell a new second hand game for as much as they usually do. ie €5 less. It will have to be €15-€20 euro less for anybody with sense to buy it preowned.

Where'd you hear that? Doesn't sound right to me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

• Advertisement

Worked for me last night. No problems.

Advertisement