Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So release date is the 28th for us Irish and people who preordered should gain access 2 days earlier, cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Strange one!

Any script blockers running?

Try a different browser?

You probably tried this but i had to ask :)

It worked in IE :rolleyes:

And I was able to chose one of my already owned persona's, Dublin_Gunner :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dcully wrote: »
    So release date is the 28th for us Irish and people who preordered should gain access 2 days earlier, cant wait :)

Pre-orders don't get early access.

Spear wrote: »
    Pre-orders don't get early access.

So its just limited edition so?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So its just limited edition so?

No-one gets early access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Spear wrote: »
    No-one gets early access.

balls! i was sure there was lol

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

balls! i was sure there was lol

not so legal early access via vpn? *obligatory simpsons reference* Now I'm in Ireland... America!.. Ireland!... America!.. Ireland!... Ameri*Punch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

only a week away. It's a shame I'll have to miss all the slutty costumes this halloween! oh well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

al28283 wrote: »
    Where'd you hear that? Doesn't sound right to me

Its what alot of online multiplayer console games are doing now. The person that uses the code or cdkey that comes with the game can only play online. This code only works once and everyone else using the game will have to purchase a separate code to access the online multiplayer which usually costs about 10-20 euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Its what alot of online multiplayer console games are doing now. The person that uses the code or cdkey that comes with the game can only play online. This code only works once and everyone else using the game will have to purchase a separate code to access the online multiplayer which usually costs about 10-20 euro

Never heard of that. The most of seen is that they withhold some online content, but never heard of not being able to play online at all. What games have they done this with?

Never heard of that. The most of seen is that they withhold some online content, but never heard of not being able to play online at all. What games have they done this with?
    pick any ea game in the last 2-3 years.

pick any ea game in the last 2-3 years.
    I've played a few and this hasn't been the case with any? Any specific ones?

fifa, madden, need for speed hot persuit, dead space 2

That sucks, I bought NHL second hand and was able to play online without a code. Bad Company 2 had an online pass but it was just for extra maps, I assume it'll be the same for BF3

That sucks, I bought NHL second hand and was able to play online without a code. Bad Company 2 had an online pass but it was just for extra maps, I assume it'll be the same for BF3
    those extra maps were 7 map packs. completely worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ktulu123 wrote: »

I had completely ignored the single player and actually thought the me3 single player trailer made it look like cod will have the better single player.

BUT F&CK!!! That trailer makes the single player look so awesome!!!

I am actually excited for both sides of the games now!!!

Just when the music kicks in. I love this soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

If the trailer is anything to go by, the SP is going to be awesome. They've done a quality job with the soundtrack also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I had completely ignored the single player and actually thought the me3 single player trailer made it look like cod will have the better single player.

BUT F&CK!!! That trailer makes the single player look so awesome!!!

I am actually excited for both sides of the games now!!!

Just when the music kicks in. I love this soundtrack

Same, i'm gonna jump into singleplayer straight away, the bits of snippets of info on story has me really intrigued. Even booked few days off work for this, haven't done that since the dark days of WoW :(

Cant ****ing wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Damn you KilOit, I have no leave left till Christmas time. However a few of the TiG Lads are coming here on Friday and we are going to lan it up till Sunday, so lots of gameage and beers will be had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Confirmed -- When you log into origin normally and attempt to unlock Battlefield 3 you're told it'll unlock on October 28th.

However if you connect using an american IP and run the unlocker you're told it'll unlock on the 25th.

Not sure what the rules are about posting that sort of information, so I won't go into anymore depth. As always theres probably something in the EULA that mentions using 3rd party programs to circumvent security features will result in a ban, and it could be construed that this falls within that category. I've done this with steam for many games so I think its okay as its never lead to anything except me playing the game at the same time the americans do, though I think its safe to say its definitely illegal to use eastern european I.Ps to register their cd keys which are generally sold at heavily reduced prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

wont be any european servers though :(

good time to get single player out of the way I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mannam

Origin have it for €50. You can get it on Gamestop.ie for €32 delivered. And most likely it will be there the day before launch with Gamestop. Either way you wont be able to play it early since it wont activate until that friday I would imagine. Went with Gamestop myself.

I wonder how much it will be at Game or HMV.

Still thinking on getting russian cd-key, its €20 for limited

http://plati.ru/asp/pay.asp?id_d=1207488

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

mannam wrote: »
    I wonder how much it will be at Game or HMV.

Still thinking on getting russian cd-key, its €20 for limited

http://plati.ru/asp/pay.asp?id_d=1207488

I haven't purchased from that guy, he has a website too.
    I just pm'd this guy and got key off before, payed by moneybookers.

Have you purchased for anyone on plati.ru?

jackoire wrote: »
    I haven't purchased from that guy, he has a website too.
    I just pm'd this guy and got key off before, payed by moneybookers.

Have you purchased for anyone on plati.ru?

nope not yet, my friend did.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nous vous avons récemment envoyé un e-mail contenant les instructions de pré-chargement de Battlefield 3. Dans ces dernières, la date de sortie du jeu se référait au fuseau horaire "Heure du centre des Etats-Unis".

Pour vous en revanche, la date à laquelle vous pourrez jouer au jeu est le : 27 octobre 2011. Nous espérons que tout est clair désormais.

My e-mail says I can play it from the 27th.

Ponster wrote: »
    My e-mail says I can play it from the 27th.

sure:

October 25th, 2011
    USA, Canada, Singapore, Rest of the World

October 27th, 2011
    Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Austria, France, Spain, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand

October 28th, 2011
    UK, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Belgium

November 2nd, 2011
    Japan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Cheers. I didn't realize that I had it a day before Ireland/UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Confirmation from Origin by email -

Dear Customer,

We recently sent you an email with details containing pre-load instructions for Battlefield 3. The game release date in those instructions refers to US Central Daylight Time.

For clarification, your local live date to begin playing the game is: October 28th, 2011.

Sincerely,
    The Origin Team

Can someone explain/justify a reason for a staggered release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

How to play on the 24th on battlefeildo . :D

Advertisement