Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

jackoire wrote: »
    How to play on the 24th on battlefeildo . :D

I already have a US VPN with pretty good pings (30ms) so I should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

jackoire wrote: »
    How to play on the 24th on battlefeildo . :D

A lot of people seem worried they'll get banned for early unlock but I doubt EA would bother. They are really only enforcIng region locks because retailers are demanding it. EA don't care if you break the release date via proxy ip. Only get pissed if a retailer breaks the date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I might use this VPN tbh.
    Done something similar with two steam games without any issues.
    Worse case scenario banned accoutn , only games worth having on my origin account is BF3, i have a code for a free game from origin thanks to the delay in issueing beta codes, will use that on a new account if existing one is banned :P

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

if you look in the small print cully of that code that you got..
    it states that you cant use the code to pre order a game or to buy a new game unless its has been released for 3 weeks or more...

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    it states that you cant use the code to pre order a game or to buy a new game unless its has been released for 3 weeks or more...

Aye thats true mate, only checked it out myself after i posted, feck it its worth a try :)

• Advertisement

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »

It'll probably take EA about 3 weeks to get around to banning him...

Right i said screw it and have done this, says game is available to play from Monday @ 4pm :D
    Feck it if im banned ill lose BF3 and NFS shift which is a POS anyways.
    Ill just make a new account and buy BF3 again :P
    Friday is too far away ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Dcully wrote: »
    Right i said screw it and have done this, says game is available to play from Monday @ 4pm :D
    Feck it if im banned ill lose BF3 and NFS shift which is a POS anyways.
    Ill just make a new account and buy BF3 again :P
    Friday is too far away ;)

I'm gonna do it too. I'm sure it will be grand! Hope the game is downloaded by then

Forgot to mention, we need to take into account timezones, so 4pm will most likely be Asian time.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

i think i can wait till the 12pm on the 27th:-)

• Advertisement

I think its 7am here is it?

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I think its 7am here is it?

I believe we are -9 hours so yeah about 7am or so.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'm gonna do it too. I'm sure it will be grand! Hope the game is downloaded by then

I hope to have completed single player and be knee deep in 64 player goodness by then :D either that or banned account lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

If people are hesitant about installing vpn stuff, then check out http://www.flyvpn.com/. Its just an exe that you run, free and no sign up. Login details on the free trial page.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Now that is goooooood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So i have the opportunity to get this a day early, but the guy i'm getting it off says i shouldn't play it online as my PSN account may get a ban. What do you guy's think?

Really? You can't just wait 24hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

5uspect wrote: »
    Really? You can't just wait 24hours?

Huh?

I'm not stealing it. i have a friend that works in a game shop and he said, instead of coming in for the midnight launch he'll just give it to me on Thursday.

I never said you were, but you asked us what we thought. Why risk a potential ban and just wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I never said you were, but you asked us what we thought. Why risk a potential ban and just wait?

Don't worry about getting a ban in this case! You will be grand. I am going to take the chance on this VPN thing I recon tomorrow night. But I will just play SP. For the PS3 just make sure you are not connected to the network and play away it should be grand I'd imagine for SP.

I would be fairly confident that you wont receive a ban. There are a lot of people playing it on consoles already. Have fun!

As long as he's not playing the game right now I see no reason why EA would care if he got the game a day or two early. Again the delayed release date in Europe etc is by retailer demand, not EA. It's also retailer's responsibility if staff are letting people sneak early copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I'm going to use the VPN, my release date is the 24th Oct at 4pm... wonder is that GMT.

I don't see any reason that they'd go banning accounts, it wouldn't be good for publicity and I'm sure legally you're not breaking any rules(you have paid upfront for the product).
    Also their commitment to providing quality customer support which is an integral part of a business shows they don't really care for anything bar taking in the $$$$ :D

I'll probably just keep running the VPN until the Friday though, it's free and you can use it 3 times a day.

Batman for the evening and I'll get cracking tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Yerp, I tried using FlyVPN to connect to taiwan and I get 4pm on the 24th too. What happens is the activation software fetches the date for your IP's region, and autoconverts it into your computer's set timezone -- so you're seeing GMT if thats what you've got it set to.

Heres hoping activation process isnt as annoying as steam's i.e. to keep playing a game that wasnt unlocked in your region you had to either restart Steam in offline mode, or continue using the VPN. Fingers crossed its just a once off activation

I'm going to use the VPN, my release date is the 24th Oct at 4pm... wonder is that GMT.

I don't see any reason that they'd go banning accounts, it wouldn't be good for publicity and I'm sure legally you're not breaking any rules(you have paid upfront for the product).
    Also their commitment to providing quality customer support which is an integral part of a business shows they don't really care for anything bar taking in the $$$$ :D

I'll probably just keep running the VPN until the Friday though, it's free and you can use it 3 times a day.

Batman for the evening and I'll get cracking tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

weiland79 wrote: »
    So i have the opportunity to get this a day early, but the guy i'm getting it off says i shouldn't play it online as my PSN account may get a ban. What do you guy's think?

the guy is talking crap

theres no such thing as being banned for playing games early

some cool stuff is on the web if you seach battlefield 3 under news

including a comparison of the hd pack on the 360: http://www.gamezone.com/news/battlefield-3-screenshot-compares-xbox-360-hd-and-non-hd-texture-packs-graphics-to-pc

and a video of a whole rush round being played on the ps3

http://botchweed.com/game-news/watch-a-full-match-of-battlefield-3-rush-gameplay-on-the-ps3/

look out for the custom mass effect dogtags in the above.

some other details like some feedback on the single player and comparisons and news bits aswell.

but those two are the two big ones sticking out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

No bans, but you may have to reconfig later to get network set for your area.

quote.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PS3 footage of Khari Island... what ya reckon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XaxD3GNfOk&feature=player_embedded#!

Advertisement