Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

BF3 Asia release is under 3 hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Enderman wrote: »
    BF3 Asia release is under 3 hours now.

Read if you set origin to offline mode you won't need to connect to battlelog to play single player after the initial confirmation.

If you want to avoid messing up your network settings for multiplayer might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant wait for this, going to be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Dcully wrote: »
    Some PC multiplayer footage

not working for me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Auvers wrote: »
    not working for me :confused:

Double checked there mate, working for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

So anyone try the vpn unlock yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

ktulu123 wrote: »
    So anyone try the vpn unlock yet?

Not yet, give it a go there and let us know how you get on!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There are NO restrictions on using a VPN to play the game Aaron W.: As of right now, there are no restrictions listed, however, we have had issues in previous EA games with customers having trouble connecting over VPN. If you have connection issues while playing BF3, please feel free to contact us.
    isaac: So I can play on my korean vpn to play battlefield 3?
    isaac: just for confirmation
    Aaron W.: As far as my research shows, there should be no issues with connecting over a VPN with Battlefield 3
    isaac: Ok with my VPN it says on the Battlefield release date check that I can play on the 24th at 4pm GMT
    isaac: Is that okay?
    Aaron W.: Battlefield 3 will launch on the 25th at 12:01 Korean Standard Time.
    isaac: So I am allowed to play it then using my VPN?
    Aaron W.: The game will only be accessible after that time.
    isaac: I can play it at that time using my korean vpn?
    Aaron W.: Yes, that is correct.
    isaac: Even though I live in England
    isaac: Thanks for the confirmation
    Aaron W.: Not a problem, Isaac, is there anything else I can do for you today?
    isaac: That is all thanks for the confirmation
    Aaron W.: Thank you for contacting EA Support, have a great day, Isaac

It's currently 14 minutes past 12 so anyone fancy giving it a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Enderman wrote: »
    It's currently 14 minutes past 12 so anyone fancy giving it a go?

The encryption is now gone from my bf3.exe file and it goes straight to battlelog which is down at the moment. I think I may need vpn to play multiplayer which I wont bother with because of obvious reasons but if I can play single player I will be happy

EDIT: Im in!

• Advertisement

Single Player and Multiplayer is working for me!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It looks like it will be the best on PC.

One more hour at work and I'm on my way...

The vpn thing is giving me a login error. Some usage thing. I havent used it at all :(

EU servers are up and running now too.

Try going to control panel > internet settings > LAN settings ans using the ip address 203.232.208.116 and port 8080. Got this info off battlefieldo, and not many people know about it cause its down now. Its some korean ip address i think

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So much difference between the beta and the finished version?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

BF3 doesn't seem to like my VPN...

Release date check failed
    An error occurred during the online release date check. Click 'Retry' to try again.

IP Information: 27.255.64.79
    ISP: EHOSTIDC
    Organization: EHOSTIDC
    Connection:
    Services: None Detected
    City: Seoul
    Region: Seoul-t'ukpyolsi

Even if I connect to an European VPN (UK for example) then the online check fails to run properly.

can anyone put up a link to a guide to do this?

I am at work til 11 tonight but I'd love to unlock and give it a go before going to bed...

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    can anyone put up a link to a guide to do this?

I am at work til 11 tonight but I'd love to unlock and give it a go before going to bed...

http://battlefieldo.com/forum/threads/how-to-unlock-battlefield-3-on-the-24th.1107/page-14#post-15295

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

DRMorphine's workaround works fine for me, although the server is getting bombarded by requests so itll take a few minutes for the activation request to go through.

Whats happening with FlyVPN is some weenies have stayed connected to the free trial account while playing (either afraid of EA, or just confused and want about the whole process). Bright side is every 20 minutes the FlyVPN resets all the trial connection and changes the password, so thats your window of opportunity along with 100,000 other people ^_^

DrMorphine wrote: »

So If I have this right. I unlock using a korean proxy then swap back to my standard IP for playing online? I dont need to keep using korean proxy?

sweet!

I almost want to skip work tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ahh, all working here. There was a small Battlelog update to download and install.

13 European servers in browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Some Operation Firestorm gameplay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

MP and single player working fine :)

The vpn tool is giving me errors but that work around mentioned above sorted it, took a few attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Anyone else still getting the bug where the majority of servers pings are listed a "-"

YAYAYAYAYAYAY

Guys for anyone who like myself taught using FLYVPN yesterday for the date checker solved everything only to realise you needed to use it again at 4pm....

I like the rest was getting that ''usage'' ****e, I was going to attempt that other work around with the network, FLYVPN was listed as a network through control panel> connect I said I'd try it, and re ran the launcher and got in.

You don't need to go back into FLYVPN through the application if you were logged in already, at least I didnt anyway....I was clicking connect for the past 30mins :(.... maybe that connection error relates to it being a selectable server through ''network and sharing centre> connect to a network''

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Welcome to Battlelog Soldier, f**k ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm just going to play the SP until the servers are properly set up on Friday.

• Advertisement

Serious lag on two of the UK servers i've tried to play on. Will give more a shot soon.

Advertisement