Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The jets are wrecking my head :(.

I've been playing in small maps just to get goes and once a missile gets a lock on it's impossible to shake off... and I'm flying like a lunatic when I hear it, all over the shop towards the ground and around etc.....

I don't see how I'll ever even get a kill with the gun :mad:

I think the idea may be to climb to a high altitude and then to sweep down and try get your kills that way,

I think the idea may be to climb to a high altitude and then to sweep down and try get your kills that way,

Im not really having any problems navigating as such, it's just trying to get behind and keep steady behind someone to hit them with the gun is a lottery(you're normally flying different directions) and most seem to have the heat seeking missiles unlocked which are like magnets that rarely miss.

What does everyone think of the maps?

Have to say I'm fairly disappointed with Sien and Damavand Peek.... In Sien all fighting is restricted to the bridge area(if one team gets on top and crosses it's a slaughter) and same for Damavand in the tunnel, the only time you get to fight anywhere else means one team is destroying the other.

I taught after Caspian all the maps would be spread out like that, big disappointing to be funnelled through such a tiny area which leave the rest of the map worthless most of the time.

I guess Conquest on metro would be much the same, although I remember there being at least two ways into that tunnel.

Think I'll try those maps on Rush, might make them(requires defendable areas which both of those maps have in abundance, maybe they were set up for Rush primarily, Conquest is lost on them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Havent actually bought it yet.

Gamestop still the best price? (but no sneaky early access obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Anyone created a boards.ie platoon yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

preorder and play now i have been playing from about 10pm tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

If you are a veteren you can show off how l33t do you want to feel with your dogtag. Show off your vet status with the more obscure titles in the battlefield series.

I was sticking with the battlefield vietnam dogtag but most scrubs will assume its bad company vietnam :( sadly I never registered my version of 1942 with it and EA support give me grief when I try to get them to add it to my status. So I cant parade a 1942 dogtag.

Could go with old favourite 2142 or battlefield 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

NOTICE We are aware of the ERR_LOGIN_DISPLAYTOS-error, please be patient while we fix it :(:(:( I wanna play online...

Hope this will be fixed soon along with my battleog stats that dont seem to work :mad:

Some peoples stats have been reset so I wouldn't be surprised if they all were for the start of the US launch

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

LOL, just realised installing the new drivers disabled SLI *has his faith restored in his gaming pc*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    If you are a veteren you can show off how l33t do you want to feel with your dogtag. Show off your vet status with the more obscure titles in the battlefield series.

I was sticking with the battlefield vietnam dogtag but most scrubs will assume its bad company vietnam :( sadly I never registered my version of 1942 with it and EA support give me grief when I try to get them to add it to my status. So I cant parade a 1942 dogtag.

Could go with old favourite 2142 or battlefield 2.

Ha that's gas! I could not get 2142 to register on the veteran site no matter what I did, so I emailed support just before the BF3 beta.

The guy in support got back to me and apologised for the inconvenience, and added EVERY BF game to my vet status so I could get all / any befits that come with them lol

Fair play to him :)

I never owned 1942 or Vietnam (though used to love the Vietnam mods for BF2).

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Playing a bit just now, Siene and Operation Firestorm. Firestorm is a decently sized map, but could use an extra flag or two for 64 players. Has already crashed twice on me despite using the latest nvidia drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone play PS3 version yet???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What an amazing game. I disabled a tank from 2km away in Tehran by complete chance, I lolled.

Apologies for the laugh but I couldn't help myself :P

On another note I'm getting 80-110FPS on my i7 rig, higher than my 60-90 average in Beta

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I loled at you lol , if that makes sence :)

They have definitely optimized the game compared to the beta.
    Performance is superb, im getting anything from 60-100 fps on ultra settings @ 1920X1080 on 64 player maps.

i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHZ
    4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    ATI 6950 2 Gb

I had considered a second 6950 [ its the weak spot if any on my rig] or wait for next gen cards but holy crap the game runs smooth as butter, looks absolutely stunning.
    DICE out done themselves with frostbite 2, oh and the game itself is just EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Is anybody playing online through a proxy? If so, what are the pings like - is it worth the bother?

nummnutts wrote: »
    Is anybody playing online through a proxy? If so, what are the pings like - is it worth the bother?

You only need the proxy to unencrypt the executable. You can play on your normal setup after that

DrMorphine wrote: »
    You only need the proxy to unencrypt the executable. You can play on your normal setup after that

Are there issues with access to battle log? My account is "not allowed to log in" on normal set up and proxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

few questions lads

is the Commo rose working?
    how is the squad management?
    have they improved the chopper\plane controls?
    are the flags in conquest spaced out a bit more than the Beta?
    does it have the old Battlefield feeling or is it more like BC2?
    can you get an overview of the map during play?

Are there issues with access to battle log? My account is "not allowed to log in" on normal set up and proxy.

Battlelog is online for everyone anyway so you should be able to log in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Do you still get killed around corners ?

"Your account is not allowed to login".

:mad:

One more question, sorry about this, but how do i activate the game in origin to 'pre-download'?

"Your account is not allowed to login".

:mad:

One more question, sorry about this, but how do i activate the game in origin to 'pre-download'?

Who did you pre order off? You should have battlefield 3 in your origin account if you got it through origin/ea

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Enderman wrote: »
    What an amazing game. I disabled a tank from 2km away in Tehran by complete chance, I lolled.

Apologies for the laugh but I couldn't help myself :P

On another note I'm getting 80-110FPS on my i7 rig, higher than my 60-90 average in Beta

Hahaha! Brilliant! What server are you lads on for chat? Also what headset would you recommend?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well there's your problem! The game needs to be activated on Origin before you can do anything. Have you received a product key or anything yet?

Who did you pre order off? You should have battlefield 3 in your origin account if you got it through origin/ea

Yeah, got it through origin, but it says 'unreleased' where it would usually say 'ready for download'.

Yeah, got it through origin, but it says 'unreleased' where it would usually say 'ready for download'.

If you right click it is there an option to download or pre load?

If you right click it is there an option to download or pre load?

Well, there wasn't. :p

Tried restarting origin couple of times, but still nothing. Rebooted the pc to see if that worked and it did.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

:(:(:(

Oh how I wish there was a power cut for all you sneak offs till thursday midnight!!!

;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well, there wasn't. :p

Tried restarting origin couple of times, but still nothing. Rebooted the pc to see if that worked and it did.

Thanks for the help.

Didn take long for you to crack :p

Advertisement