Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Didn take long for you to crack :p

In fairness, I thought restarting origin and refreshing the game list should have sorted it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Auvers wrote: »
    few questions lads

is the Commo rose working?

Included but DICE have confirmed that it'll soon be improved.
    how is the squad management?

Not included in this release. We're expecting it in the day-1 patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    :(:(:(

Oh how I wish there was a power cut for all you sneak offs till thursday midnight!!!

;););)

Why not use VPN yourself ?
    EA wil, not ban for it, they said themselves.
    Unless ofcourse you ordered from elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

few questions lads

Yes hold down q for it.
    have they improved the chopper\plane controls?

Don't know no friends online and coulnt get either in shirt time playing.
    are the flags in conquest spaced out a bit more than the Beta?

Caspian is the same. New maps vary. Grand bazaar has some vicious chokepoints that turn into bloodbaths with 64 players but you can always flank.
    does it have the old Battlefield feeling or is it more like BC2?
    can you get an overview of the map during play?

On foot with the weapon tweaks it felt more like bf2 playing assault. Havnt played other roles to comment. The minimap has been improved but pressing m still brings up useless map.

Also the chatbox is insanely huge and can obscure too much of your screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Enderman wrote: »
    What an amazing game. I disabled a tank from 2km away in Tehran by complete chance, I lolled.

Apologies for the laugh but I couldn't help myself :P

On another note I'm getting 80-110FPS on my i7 rig, higher than my 60-90 average in Beta

What is that you were using to shoot?.. a rocket launcher or what the hell?

• Advertisement

Anyone able to change the commo rose hotkey?
    No matter what i try Q is always activating it, i want to bind Q to sprint, when i do i sprint but the commo rose comes up too thus preventing me strafing left and right while sprinting, must be a bug.

Be good to actually hear about the game and not more PC talk about FPS, Graphic Cards, rebooting and all that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone able to change the commo rose hotkey?
    No matter what i try Q is always activating it, i want to bind Q to sprint, when i do i sprint but the commo rose comes up too thus preventing me strafing left and right while sprinting, must be a bug.

That's poor game design, when you rebind a key, you have to find and delete the original bind too. The spotting bind's in the last control menu i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    The minimap has been improved but pressing m still brings up useless map.

Hold up.
    So you still cant see what the level actually looks like as a whole ?
    Just crappy zoomed in useless area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Also the chatbox is insanely huge and can obscure too much of your screen.

yeah I just saw that on a youtube video, hopefully they patch in a resize option
    seyeM wrote: »
    That's poor game design, when you rebind a key, you have to find and delete the original bind too. The spotting bind's in the last control menu i think.

it was the same in BF2

• Advertisement

seyeM wrote: »

Tried that, Q regardless of what i do always brings it up even though its not bounf to commo rose.

I dont find the chat box huge at all, im running a high res on large screen however, maybe increase your resolution lads?

I am hearing that the controls have been changed and are now a pain in the a##e. Maybe this is only a PS3 issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dcully wrote: »
    Why not use VPN yourself ?
    EA wil, not ban for it, they said themselves.
    Unless ofcourse you ordered from elsewhere.

I pre-ordered of gamestop with a €10 deposit, I cant pre order it online now as I would not spend the money on anything else in that kip!

Unless a new GTA game was out or something....Its the Special Edition also and as far as I know its €45.99 so not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Unless a new GTA game was out or something....

Funny you should mention that

http://www.rockstargames.com/:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Spunge wrote: »
    The minimap has been improved but pressing m still brings up useless map.

Hold up.

Yeah surprised they didn't fix that myself. Unless there's a key to zoom out. I really Havnt checked. Like I said I only got about an hour or so online before I had to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

BF3 Game manual is available

http://ea.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/785628/

if you want to take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Also what headset would you recommend?

A few of the lads mentioned the Sennheisser PC360 a few pages back and I ordered mine from amazon over the weekend (€157 incl shipping).
    Have to say without a doubt the most comfortable headset I've ever worn...sound is fantastic (this would be wasted on onboard sound) and voip is crystal clear over it...all the clan mates could hear me perfectly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes. Press Q.
    Yes, able to leave squads, but there needs to be two people to make a squad. Kind of odd.
    have they improved the chopper\plane controls?
    ASDW and arrow keys, so yes.
    are the flags in conquest spaced out a bit more than the Beta?
    Same, I think. No ladder in the big tower of Caspian Border, though :'(
    does it have the old Battlefield feeling or is it more like BC2?
    Mixed bag. One of the maps feels like CoD + BF together.
    can you get an overview of the map during play?
    M, and N to zoom.

=-=

Bullet drop seems to be not as bad. Unable to map mouse keys.
    Spunge wrote: »
    Hold up.
    You can zoom right out, but in the first two "zooms" you are in the same place. In the "full map zoom" you can be anywhere in the map. You gotta look for yourself, which is annoying. Minimap, you can zoom out a bit which is good for driving, and zoom out lots which is good when flying.

=-=

So far, I'm liking it. Levels take ages to load, so I may need to upgrade something, just not sure what part of the machine can i get away with upgrading, without having to upgrade everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

load times im guessing would be more ram. or an SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

On battlelog, did any people you've added/ groups you've joined get wiped after the beta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Burgo wrote: »
    On battlelog, did any people you've added/ groups you've joined get wiped after the beta?

Yup. Everything was wiped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Has anyone been able to download the release day patch, that was meant to fix a few more bugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to download the release day patch, that was meant to fix a few more bugs?

It was included in the preload

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    A few of the lads mentioned the Sennheisser PC360 a few pages back and I ordered mine from amazon over the weekend (€157 incl shipping).
    Have to say without a doubt the most comfortable headset I've ever worn...sound is fantastic (this would be wasted on onboard sound) and voip is crystal clear over it...all the clan mates could hear me perfectly as well.

Glad you like it....IMHO its a very solid headset easily one of the best if not the best around. I have mine ages now and its super....happing gaming mate. HOPE YOU HEAR ME COMING!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Quick question. If you quit before the round is over do you still receive the point for got for kills etc??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Quick question. If you quit crash before the round is over do you still receive the point for got for kills etc??

Fixed yer post there :D:D

Yep-Having this random freezing/crashing last night but any points / unlocks were still there next time I connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Anyone up for a few games later add me (battser) and will be on teamspeak in an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Not sure if it was posted already, but here is the full showcase of the Battlefield 3 Simulator, as shown on the Gadget Show:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

From Mike Tysons twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/MikeTyson/status/128919763224231936/photo/1
    Just got Battlefield 3 sent over to me. Thank you @sandysandovalEA!. It's the game of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any prices revealed yet ?

Advertisement