Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Soby wrote: »
    Any prices revealed yet ?

Huh?

Just bought the LE physical warfare edition on gamestop.ie for €29.97

effing great price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Paparazzo wrote: »

Oh good, an endorsement from a violent convicted rapist. Let's see the CoD franchise top that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Spear wrote: »
    Oh good, an endorsement from a violent convicted rapist. Let's see the CoD franchise top that one.
    you left out the worst of it.

He's Vegan.

disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    A few of the lads mentioned the Sennheisser PC360 a few pages back and I ordered mine from amazon over the weekend (€157 incl shipping).
    Have to say without a doubt the most comfortable headset I've ever worn...sound is fantastic (this would be wasted on onboard sound) and voip is crystal clear over it...all the clan mates could hear me perfectly as well.

I bought my PC360s from Amazon also, a few weeks back. I was using onboard sound, which was good, but not all that loud. I bought an x-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro on Saturday and its made a huge difference. Its much much clearer and about double the volume. I dont have to have it on full volume all the time, in fact full volume is way too loud now.

Only stupid thing, is trying to connect the soundcard to the fron audio panel. Creative saw fit to use a different connector than what is on most mobos and cases. So for the time being I have to have the headset plugged in the back of my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Fixed yer post there :D:D

Yep-Having this random freezing/crashing last night but any points / unlocks were still there next time I connected.

:D cheers for that,

Now that I have your ear, is there anyway that I can practice flying the helo's and jets??? Twice today I deployed in them and went crashing down through pilot error both times..... Sh1tless of them :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Installing now........:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

Are many of the shops having a midnight launch of the game on Thursday ??????

Gamestop in Navan in particular.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well I know that the Gamestop in Navan is midnight launch 27th and opening at 8am launch day. Smyths in Navan ARE NOT they only do it for COD so I was told :rolleyes:
    PM me Macker if you going down at midnight and I make the sambo's.....we hook up.

Bit of homework and reading material for all you geeky types.....yiz know who yiz are.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2011/10/25/behind-the-scenes-of-battlefield-3/1

Macker1 wrote: »
    Are many of the shops having a midnight launch of the game on Thursday ??????

Gamestop in Navan in particular.....

HMV Grafton street definitely are. Posters all over the windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

We got our 3 servers up today..

1 rush 24 slot
    1 tdm 24 slot
    1 conquest 64 man

Will leave the server details in server list post :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

you left out the worst of it.

He's Vegan.

disgusting.

I suppose eating somebodies ear will do that to a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I knifed a DICE developer it tells me...

Got his tags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If you pre ordered the game on PC which comes out on the 28th, could you get it a day earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you can get it now if you want.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A few drinks and flying a chopper is a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

God the jets are ridiculous in this...EA/DICE have done from one extreme to another from the jets absolutely owning the battlefield to now being a complete waste of time...especially if you're just starting out on them...now you have someone locking onto you the minute you take off and because you've the unlock the countermeasures you're fairly fúked till you do...
    I'd love to have been at the meeting where some developer suggested this...
    I've have done the below..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

how do you get rid of that bastard killcam?

Auvers wrote: »
    how do you get rid of that bastard killcam?

Presumably a server side setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any console reviews out yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Pro-tip: Never get into a tank that DeKrieg is driving, he'll drive ya into the prohibited enemy spawn zone for a murder/suicide. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any console reviews out yet?

IGN Review is out weiland

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210693p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    God the jets are ridiculous in this...EA/DICE have done from one extreme to another from the jets absolutely owning the battlefield to now being a complete waste of time...especially if you're just starting out on them...now you have someone locking onto you the minute you take off and because you've the unlock the countermeasures you're fairly fúked till you do...

Even with the flares they're piss poor, your armor goes below 50% and you're toast, the main cannon seems fairly ineffective against everything except other jets and choppers..

The man portable stinger thing is rediculous, there should be a limit as to how many on each team can use one and they should have to sacrifice their rifle to carry one, or need to deploy/undeploy them before use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

Anyone know if i can preorder still? Late i know....

Wanna pick it up @ midnight

(Xbox)
    ya u can pre order at any time just bring your reciept with u on thurs/fri night

If you pre order it online you cannot collect it in store. Which is a shame as you could save a tenner or more. Its only €27.99 on gamestop.ie but €47 in store WTF!

Even if you buy it online instead of PRE ORDER you cant collect in store at midnight.....They are selling the highest package xbox online for €180 and in store its €250.

Looks like they want the online shop to start being a big earner for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Looks like they want the online shop to start being a big earner for them.
    You cant blame them. It's cheaper for them to sell online so why not give people an incentive to spend there.
    The price difference online for the game is pretty hefty btw.

Haven't tried jets yet but heli's of all variety are useful!

Tanks are harder to kill, infantry can disable them - but destroying is a lot harder.

Assault class seem to be quite powerful, rockets seem very powerful and I saw a lot of them last night in game being used in general closed quarters combat (reminded me of MOH 1 Multiplayer!!)

Game looks absolutely stunning and it runs really smoothly. Some people are saying the loading takes forever, and squads are a little all over the place and tend to chop and change between maps. Couple of things to be ironed out - but for the most part, this is superb stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ok my microphone arrived in preparation to play later in the week , do people use team speak and the likes or something else ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

We should get an empty server or near empty and get a few people on tonight or maybe do some team squad rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Got it for 19 euros off elitekeys.com, scan of cd key sent pretty damn fast, downloading the Russian version (hence so cheap) but details on their site how to change to Eng, I'll slap up a post later if this all works
    So far so good.

Advertisement