Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

This might sound a bit stupid but when I brows for servers and click on one I cant actually join one!!! am I missing something very obvious?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

battser wrote: »
    This might sound a bit stupid but when I brows for servers and click on one I cant actually join one!!! am I missing something very obvious?

What happens?

Does single player work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Anyone having problems when game saves on single player? Unable to move until save completes, screen slows down, but this shouldnt happen as I have an i7 with a gtx570. latest drivers loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Please dont tell me its suffering from the same ATi "load bug" that BC had for ages......:rolleyes: You would load up and join the game and every ****er with an nvidia card had about 8 kills and half the map captured!!!!!

Very silly stuff if the same thing is happening here.....:mad: Cant wait to see this running on my 6990 maxed out.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Please dont tell me its suffering from the same ATi "load bug" that BC had for ages......:rolleyes: You would load up and join the game and every ****er with an nvidia card had about 8 kills and half the map captured!!!!!

Very silly stuff if the same thing is happening here.....:mad: Cant wait to see this running on my 6990 maxed out.

You could be onto something.

Yesterday I played Rush on Grand Bazaar, our team failed to take the first two.

Next round starts, by the time I reached the road to the right both M-Cons were activated, I wasn't slow off the blocks, as I was running with plenty of other people.

I just quit out of the game, seemed a bit cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Please dont tell me its suffering from the same ATi "load bug" that BC had for ages.

nope not ATI this time (I have a 5970 & BF3 is smooth as butter)

think its time to invest in a SSD drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    you can get it now if you want.
    How?

Ponster wrote: »
    What happens?

Does single player work ?

Oh yeah it works and if I see a friend in a server I can click on the server and I get the Join button! I dont get the join button when I brows servers! no-one else seein this?

Running a 6950 myself just the one and runs ultra very smoothly! enjoy it! EPIC graphics compared to the beta even

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

6950 here too, 60-110 fps everything on ultra @1920X1080 on 32" 100hz display, utterly glorious graphics, but more than anything the gameplay rules.
    Pretty sure my i5 2500K @ 4.4 ghz and SSD are helping things too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Dcully wrote: »
    6950 here too, 60-110 fps everything on ultra @1920X1080 on 32" 100hz display, utterly glorious graphics, but more than anything the gameplay rules.

Playing on a 120" here *waves e-peen around*

Dcully wrote: »

Yeah defo my SSD and 4Ghz i5 are defo helping. Quality but I have been working 12 hour shifts since sunday until monday so havent even had a proper session :(

Who loves overtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Obviously an SSD will help load times across the board with every game/application but I dont think its the problem with this game. As in its not a HDD problem......

Its a driver problem I bet.....they will prolly use the same BC2 fix.

BTW, what SSD drives have all you "POSH" kids got? Looking to get one myself, but not because of BF3 TBH. They are reasonable prices now and need to feed my 6990

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We were discussing the pc360's a page or 2 back

They are ****ing awesome

Playing crysis 2 and having these on brings the game to another level altogether

Its like your in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Saw this line on another forum, made me chuckle:
    'Play with your sound really turned up, makes it sound like your in Libya'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The games runs incredibly smoothly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

yea - it plays really nice! I only got about an hour on MP last night, but it looked and ran amazing. Tried a bit of the single player too - also good!

Does it play better than the beta lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Headshot wrote: »
    Does it play better than the beta lads?
    Holy f**k yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

someone linked a hardcore conquest server on here. I highly recommend jumping on it. Its great crack playing hardcore and it seems they are server adjustable as the one I was on allowed for map and for spotting (though not 3d spotting the icons only showed up on the map) which made the game feel very tidy and more elequent then its mad standard mode.

It doesnt hurt that on hardcore my K/D ratio is a lot better then on normal so the unlocks come a tad faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Is this worth getting? I'm a COD fan but I think the whole idea of Battlefield is excellent and actually appeals to me more then a COD style game, but I don't know how I'd fare!

Do people generally play to the objective or do you get mostly run 'n gunners? Anybody have any resources for advice to Battlefield noobs like myself?

someone linked a hardcore conquest server on here. I highly recommend jumping on it. Its great crack playing hardcore and it seems they are server adjustable as the one I was on allowed for map and for spotting (though not 3d spotting the icons only showed up on the map) which made the game feel very tidy and more elequent then its mad standard mode.

It doesnt hurt that on hardcore my K/D ratio is a lot better then on normal so the unlocks come a tad faster.

I don't like the HC in comparison to BC2.

In BC2 there was no mini-map(prob should have had one with your own team though)
    No spotting in any sort of way, and less hits to kill.

Now you have maps with enemies, spotting(I think there was even 3D spotting of infantry but not tanks) and I'm pretty sure even kill cam... it just feels like Normal mode with slightly less shots needed.

Hopefully when everythings up right there will be changes to bring it more in line with BC2.

Is it a good idea to get a xbox 360 wired controller for the helicopters and jets?

I don't like the HC in comparison to BC2.

In BC2 there was no mini-map(prob should have had one with your own team though)
    No spotting in any sort of way, and less hits to kill.

Now you have maps with enemies, spotting(I think there was even 3D spotting of infantry but not tanks) and I'm pretty sure even kill cam... it just feels like Normal mode with slightly less shots needed.

Hopefully when everythings up right there will be changes to bring it more in line with BC2.

As I said I think the HC features are server side set.

The game I was on:

had a map
    Had spotting

DID NOT have 3D spotting
    No Killcams
    No 3rd person vehicle cam
    No health bars, ammo counter or other hud features
    No crosshairs.
    FF on

Which I found to be a nice balance as it felt much closer to BF2 then any other version I've played yet.

But

a friend of mine tried it on another server and got the no map, no spotting no killcam variant.

As I said I think the HC features are server side set.

The game I was on:

had a map
    Had spotting

DID NOT have 3D spotting
    No Killcams
    No 3rd person vehicle cam
    No health bars, ammo counter or other hud features
    No crosshairs.
    FF on

Which I found to be a nice balance as it felt much closer to BF2 then any other version I've played yet.

But

a friend of mine tried it on another server and got the no map, no spotting no killcam variant.

I'll try some more again, but for a good few games I searched HC only and didn't find much variation, the 3D spotting I'm not 100% on, but I'm sure in some games it was still on for Infantry.

Had no health/ammo bars all right, but that's something like the map I think BC2's HC should have had.

Actually thinking off it, one game I had defo didn't have a killcam.

Just seems to be more varied now.
    The only variation I remembered in BC2 was the ability to see where you're squad mate was who you were spawning off....but that could have been a server issue.
    There seemed to the option to customise the servers in BC2(it would show the restrictions upon load up) but any server I played on was virtually the same.

I like Battlelog but it lacks depth, I'd like to see more info on the game I'm joining, and I liked how in BC2 you could see the rules as you joined, maybe that part will come, I've been team killed a few times and it's pretty annoying with people getting away with it(also spawn raping could need sorting one day, don't see any option without server rules/commands)

Just double click on the name of a server to go to the details page

for example this is the server I played on:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/880e5759-df5a-4ad2-b46e-146024c2029e/1PARA-Recruiting-Conquest-HC-www-hq1para-org-uk/

As you can see you can customize quite a bit

Just double click on the name of a server to go to the details page

for example this is the server I played on:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/880e5759-df5a-4ad2-b46e-146024c2029e/1PARA-Recruiting-Conquest-HC-www-hq1para-org-uk/

As you can see you can customize quite a bit

I didn't know you could do that, mainly search for rooms that are nearly full so normally in a rush to jump in :D.

I'll start adding them to my favourites though to save time over periods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Express delivery man has been this morning and the wonderful person in there delivered to me my fresh copy of BF3 for PC. Installing in a minute after Ive posted this up!

bf3-envelope.jpg
    bf3-box.jpg
    bf3-cds.jpg

Thank you Gamestop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

when everythings up right there will be changes to bring it more in line with BC2.

hopefully that will never happen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not a fan of hardcore at all, far too easy to kill, practically eliminates the differences in weapon power, accuracy etc as all weapons effectively become the same.
    Ok for a laugh every so often but ill be sticking to normal mainly.

Advertisement