Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not long to go now lads.....never wanted to be single and have no kids as much in my LIFE!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The only difference between a pistol and an M60 in BC2 hardcore was that the M60 spits out more bullets: both kill in one shot. I like this HC, as HUD, etc is off, 2d map was off for any server I was in, so I had to look for a jeep to use, but spray and pray won't be as effective.

Double tap anywhere in the torso seem to kill, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I have firemode set to mouse 4 and I almost always put my rifle on single fire (especially the ak) so that's probably why I find hardcore so much more natural at times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Would it be too late to pre-order a copy or would I be able to get a copy tomorrow would ye think? I hopped on this bandwagon very late :P

Auvers wrote: »
    hopefully that will never happen

I clearly meant the parameters of the Hardcore servers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Not long to go now lads.....never wanted to be single and have no kids as much in my LIFE!!!!!

Jaysus you have kids? God help them :pac:

dorgasm wrote: »
    Would it be too late to pre-order a copy or would I be able to get a copy tomorrow would ye think? I hopped on this bandwagon very late :P

You will easily get a copy tomorrow. If you pre order it now on gamestop.ie for €27.99 you will get it delivered tomorrow for only €4 or so. Still cheaper then in the shops.

Only time I ever seen any game out of stock nearly everywhere was GTA 4.

Enderman wrote: »
    Jaysus you have kids? God help them :pac:

Hey look its funnys brother....NOT FUNNY!

:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

I know your pain........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

Anyone know what time is Gamestop opening tonight (Navan Branch) for the launch. Never been to any midnight launch events before but am working nights this weekend and would be staying up late tonight anyways. I will have to play with headphones on or risk waking the family up.

PS... second question for PC owners.... I have a Radeon HD 6850 just wondering what the best drivers are for the game. ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You will easily get a copy tomorrow. If you pre order it now on gamestop.ie for €27.99 you will get it delivered tomorrow for only €4 or so. Still cheaper then in the shops.

Only time I ever seen any game out of stock nearly everywhere was GTA 4.
    Might not be worth the risk, unless he goes for express delivery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So my trusty logitech extreme 3D Pro joystick has being lying idle since BF2 release in 2005, it didnt work with the beta but i can now report its working great with the full game :D:D:D

Many times the missus wanted to throw it out saying i never use it, BF3 was always in the back of my mind :p
    What a difference it makes to flying jets and choppers compared to keyboard/mouse or wired 360 PC controller.

I still suck at dogfights however.

imag0494d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Battlelog is unbelievably infuriating. I've been kicked from 5 servers in a row now trying to set up my video options and key bindings for what must be being idle.

Why implement an auto kick feature when the only god damn way of changing the controls and settings is in game????????? :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Battlelog is unbelievably infuriating. I've been kicked from 5 servers in a row now trying to set up my video options and key bindings for what must be being idle.

Why implement an auto kick feature when the only god damn way of changing the controls and settings is in game????????? :mad:

TIP : Go into Campaign and set things up from there, worked for me when i went back to multiplayer.

Dcully wrote: »
    TIP : Go into Campaign and set things up from there, worked for me when i went back to multiplayer.

Thanks didn't realise you could do that, thought they would be separate!! Although now it seems it might not have been an idle thing, I keep getting disconnected from every game I try and play.

Going to go update my drivers and see if it helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

dorgasm wrote: »
    Is this worth getting? I'm a COD fan but I think the whole idea of Battlefield is excellent and actually appeals to me more then a COD style game, but I don't know how I'd fare!

Do people generally play to the objective or do you get mostly run 'n gunners? Anybody have any resources for advice to Battlefield noobs like myself?

Yes. Definitely worth getting both. Play a few team death matches to get into it, work out what guns are like etc. If you can play MW to any level at all, you'll be grand with BF.
    I think the aim or run button is the same as grenade in MW, you'll have a few games of throwing grenades by accident

This is so frustrating I keep getting disconnected from servers after 5 minutes. Get the disconnected or you have been kicked by an administrator message. Updated my drivers and the game is running perfectly so I have no idea what's causing this, so annoying!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is so frustrating I keep getting disconnected from servers after 5 minutes. Get the disconnected or you have been kicked by an administrator message. Updated my drivers and the game is running perfectly so I have no idea what's causing this, so annoying!!

Sounds like it could be punkbuster causing the kick.

Spear wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be punkbuster causing the kick.

Yeah thought that alright as it was a kick not a crash so googled and found the following:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960869-battlefield-3/60787239

Trying it now, fingers crossed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Could a GeForce GT 240 graphics card run this? I got Phenom II X6 1035T CPU 6GB RAM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Could a GeForce GT 240 graphics card run this? I got Phenom II X6 1035T CPU 6GB RAM.

I doubt it. The requirements state an 8800GT or HD3870 as a minimum power requirement. The GT240 is slower then both those cards....

I'd say a GT240 would get by on low settings at fairly low resolution though.

Just googled it out of curiosity and looks like it's playable (30-40fps) at all low settings at decent resolution.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I doubt it. The requirements state an 8800GT or HD3870 as a minimum power requirement. The GT240 is slower then both those cards....

I have a slower card on another PC and it runs fine on 720p medium, about 30-40fps

Yeah thought that alright as it was a kick not a crash so googled and found the following:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960869-battlefield-3/60787239

Trying it now, fingers crossed!!

This just keeps getting better, I tried the above removing the PB files and repairing but now when I try and start the game I get a release date check which passed first time but keeps failing now so I can't play the game at all... FML!!

Just googled it out of curiosity and looks like it's playable (30-40fps) at all low settings at decent resolution.
    I'll just have to update the graphics card then. Surely the CPU is good enough. I would rather get it on quality graphics than not.

The 560 GTX graphics card looks like it could get you to 40 frames per second.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/how-to-build-a-kick-ass-battlefield-3-pc

The Shogun2 total war game ran perfectly fine.

Enderman wrote: »
    I have a slower card on another PC and it runs fine on 720p medium, about 30-40fps

I just googled it and there are no end of youtube videos, all running at about 1680x1050, low settings, average seems to be about 30-45fps across the board.

Yeah your CPU is grand. You'd get a much better card for about 80 quid, really, that'll run the game at decent levels. As good as 360 or better levels, anyway.

The Shogun2 total war game ran perfectly fine.

lol BIG BIG difference between Total War and BF3 man, BF3 is miles ahead of anything out right now in terms of required resources!!

The 560 GTX graphics card looks like it could get you to 40 frames per second.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/how-to-build-a-kick-ass-battlefield-3-pc

I'm guessing your PC was a shelf bought one. Depending on what type, the power supply might not be up to the job of a higher end card. What PC is it?

• Advertisement

Some horrid lag across a lot of the servers today..

Advertisement