Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I'm guessing your PC was a shelf bought one. Depending on what type, the power supply might not be up to the job of a higher end card. What PC is it?
    Yep but it has some pretty powerful components to it. Hewlett-Packard p6793uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Macker1 wrote: »
    I know your pain........:(

The sprog aren;t even that bad. Just the wimmin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So anyone know anyway around this Release Date checker?? Was playing the game fine until I re-installed and now i'm stuck with this!!

Waiting until tomorrow to play it will not be enjoyable... :(

EDIT: Nevermind sorted it!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Yep but it has some pretty powerful components to it. Hewlett-Packard p6793uk

Is it this one?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02770432&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5095584#N268

If so , not great components at all im afraid matey.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Getting a 'page load error' on Origin when trying to install from disk or using 'redeem product code'.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I think I could still run the game just not on high settings. I will update the PC in the coming days.

I think I could still run the game just not on high settings. I will update the PC in the coming days.

Put it this way it will look at run 10 times better than the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just had an absolutely amazing game on Tehran Highway, it's a perfect mix of BF2 and BC2 which I love!!!!

Guess I won't be sleeping much tonight!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Gutted! Was supposed to get this off a friend that is manager of a certain game shop this evening. His area manager showed up for the midnight launch and wont let him give it to me.

I will now have to wait like all the other little people :mad::mad::mad:

Put it this way it will look at run 10 times better than the consoles.
    My PC will? :pac:

• Advertisement

My PC will? :pac:

Yep

Yep
    I believe FPS games are for PC really. Can get the best out of them and more fun. Just my view though. I know people like FPS games on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Just to let you all know

Got the cd key for 19 euros from elitekeys.com.. and got it working.. eventually (my bad for cocking up the language install)

So it works, just make sure to follow the instructions on their page very closely to switch it from Russian to English

Graphics look so real at times. Might get an ssd and throw the game on it though if I'm gonna be playing it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Damn you Amazon. Still have not shipped the game. Hopefully get it by Tuesday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Right have the millers in the fridge, 2 cans of monster chilling also. The missus is sorted and the kid is watching the smurfs in bed as we speak all systems go.

If I go down to this gamestop and there is any hassle it will be like an episode of "ONLINE GAMER" and I will nuke the fookin place!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

not a good time to be telling ye that's there's a global issue with origin activating the game plus you need to update punkbuster manually? :D

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    not a good time to be telling ye that's there's a global issue with origin activating the game plus you need to update punkbuster manually? :D
    Good job I don't have it yet then. Thanks amazon lol.

Origin better be working midnight or there will be blood.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I should hope installing this game from a disc won't be too much of a bother after I get home from picking it up at midnight tonight.

BTW, if any of you are using Origin exclusively for Battlefield 3, add Origin as a non-Steam game, rename it accordingly and disable the Origin overlay so it doesn't conflict with your Steam overlay if you wish to use it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

At the moment installing from disk isn't working for many people.
    Surely will be fixed by 12/1 tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Macker1 wrote: »
    PS... second question for PC owners.... I have a Radeon HD 6850 just wondering what the best drivers are for the game. ???
    Beta 11.10 preview 3, I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I should hope installing this game from a disc won't be too much of a bother after I get home from picking it up at midnight tonight.

BTW, if any of you are using Origin exclusively for Battlefield 3, add Origin as a non-Steam game, rename it accordingly and disable the Origin overlay so it doesn't conflict with your Steam overlay if you wish to use it. :)

I thought that would be the case, my copy arrived this morning, and so far I have been unable to get past the activation screen.

Origin is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

What's the deal with punkbuster? Does it have to be running to play on some servers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

grizzly wrote: »
    What's the deal with punkbuster? Does it have to be running to play on some servers?

Ranked servers require Punkbuster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hmm

I just thought of something. I have an 8800gt in my old computer? Could I use it as a physx card along side my 560 to and get even more from bf3?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Does BF3 even use PhysX? Worth it for Arkham City tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

f#cks sake, i'm just home after work and the activation servers are down, how pissing off is that.

OMFG this is just a pile of sh1t...Are they brain dead or what.....I can get into ORIGIN alrite but I dont have the game yet. I better be able to play at least the SP if not the MP at 12ish.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I tried it again just there and it worked, installing now. Whatever problem they were having they seem to have fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Right is there a sticky for a ventrilo/teamspeak server or something. I feel like shooting some of you.

Advertisement