Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol im such an idiot

ment to go to the midnight launch but started playing crysis 2 and just got caught up in it

ffs I hope they have some pc ones left over later today :(

anyone know what time gamestop reopen after the midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Macker1 wrote: »
    Leaving the house now to go down to Gamestop Navan to pick up copy.

Hopefully all the Origin problems will have ceased by the time I get back

Just back and installing the game. Won't get to play much maybe a few hours then bed. Working nights the weekend :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If it hasn't dispatched already then that might very well be the case.
    Its in stock now lol.. only 7 remaining :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Finally nightline says 'inbound' to Dublin depot... might get it first thing in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

waveform wrote: »
    Does anyone know if gamestop is opening at 8am tomorrow?

My local is doing the midnight thing alright,

but I can't remember what time it's opening on launch day.

Most gamestops in cork open around 10 am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just received my physical warfare pack add on email there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Holy **** it's great, although it crashed first when changing settings, and then first load of campaign.
    After that was running brilliantly, 90% usage on both my graphics card for the train level.
    Then after that went down to about 55% each and was getting slowdowns when turning quickly. :(

Bloody amazing though, tried 5 mins of multiplayer and map load was pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Tried co-op tonight. Fairly good crack. The missions are quite clever and its a good oppurtunity to practice the chopper controls in the 2nd one if you and a friend take turns doing it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

sweetjesus.jpg?1304464025

Ultra Settings sweetness!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god i went for 6970s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Picked it up on Ps3 just after 12.
    Couple of gripes already.
    Spawning is absolutely appalling,every game I've played so far started with me killing someone that appeared on front of me or vice versa.

The triangles over the players heads are far too small for my liking.
    If I was playing hardcore I'd have decimated my own team,I'm finding it fairly hard to tell the difference between enemy and team-mate.

And what's the story with automatically equipping attachments???anything I unlock gets equipped whether I want it or not.

Lastly,are certain guns tied down to certain maps??
    Ak74u was available in some games and others it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

NTMK wrote: »
    sweetjesus.jpg?1304464025

Ultra Settings sweetness!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god i went for 6970s

I feel like an arse for not getting it on PC. I have dual GTX260's but they haven't been used since Crysis, and as a result, I switched to 360 gaming for the most part, Halo 3/Reach and all. Ugh. Just gonna have to grin and bear it, cos I've it prebooked on 360 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

cambo2008 wrote: »
    And what's the story with automatically equipping attachments???anything I unlock gets equipped whether I want it or not.

Only the initial unlocks get equipped automatically and you can turn them off straight away if you want. But the game fills the unoccupied slots on your weapons when items are unlocked. Its fairly straight forward to remove and go back to no optics.
    Lastly,are certain guns tied down to certain maps??
    Ak74u was available in some games and others it wasn't.

The first weapon for every class is side specific. So the AK74U is for only the Russian Assault while the US gets an M16 I believe.

and so on for each class. later when you max out that class you will unlock the ability to use that weapon with either side if you wish.

Personnally issues with spawning got sorted very quickly after I got use ot the levels, You learn to quickly read the map and know when a spawning beacon is being camped or your teammate is going to get himself fragged. Still happens once in a blue moon by freak chance (spawning in just as a chopper does a strafing run.)

And I have no issue telling teammates from enemy *except* when a teammate is behind a building and his nametag appears above an enemy soldier on the same side of that building as me and they line up by chance. Happened to me once and I was kicking myself over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So just finishing a serious 5 hour session, up to Rank 11 all played as Engineer!!

Absolutely love it, started off playing Rush for the first 2 or 3 hours. First thing I noticed is the map design is fantastic. Some maps will change scenery 3 or 4 times before the end. It's a big step up from the beta already, haven't seen any issues so far. Running everything on Ultra getting sweet fps which is always nice!! :D

Changed to conquest for the last 2 hours and loved it even more, some epic games to be had on 64 player caspean and it works well on the smaller maps also. Loving the heavy vehicles so far but flying a jet or chopper with a mouse / keyboard just doesen't work so going to have to invest in a joystick me thinks!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

O it's like Christmas morning has come early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bleh gotta work 9-6 today before i can get it.Gonna be the longest day ever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Well, I've now had the game in my possession for 24 hours plus and the closest I've come to actually playing was loading into a few different servers where no one could actually move, just 30 players wondering wtf was going on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

My amazon LE copy just arrived with Specact DLC code. And I'm off sick with manflu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

320d2a1b644c43e892b57d509a993871_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Had some bad games last night, some base rapers. Had some guy get into our Anti air at spawn and couldn't spawn there or get killed. Also snipers are still a problem like in bc2 annoying on rush when they sit miles away and dont do objs and go for kills.

Other than that the games fun especially in a squad with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

5uspect wrote: »
    My amazon LE copy just arrived with Specact DLC code. And I'm off sick with manflu.

Good stuff. What delivery option did you choose, if you don't mind?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Jebus this this install (downloading!) from disk is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Had a 3 hr session myself last night....game is just brilliant the sound is UBER good. Only thing I think they have made a mess of are all the vehicles, they just dont feel good. Cant explain it!

I mean ffs the tanks are faster then F1 cars.....

But the level designs are just brilliant..well the few I played in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Does anyone else get long map loading? I hate missing vehicle at start of the round.

Need a fix for this...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

jackoire wrote: »
    Does anyone else get long map loading? I hate missing vehicle at start of the round.

Need a fix for this...

SSD ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I thinking the aiming controls are very odd, cant get used to them. I cant describe it, hopefully I will get used to them.

Holy ****ing **** is it good.
    Have had a few games now, all conquest 64 with 2 friends.
    All the maps feel great (6/9 played).
    Haven't experienced much camping/rocket spam etc.
    Gorgeous looking/sounding and runs much better than BETA.

Few things to iron out -
    My Minimap/Map zoom keeps resetting on map change.
    Chat box needs to be customised.
    Ingame voice would be great.
    Better Commarose which they are working on.
    ATI/Nvidia could get even better optimisation on their drivers (which I'm sure they are doing as I type).

mozattack wrote: »
    I thinking the aiming controls are very odd, cant get used to them. I cant describe it, hopefully I will get used to them.

Think they have a think called 'Negative mouse acceleration'?
    Basically the faster you move the mouse the slower it'll become?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I think the maps are really well designed, however the favour Rush slightly more than Conquest! Havent tried the other game modes yet. Also expect things to be laggy and slow this evening, they've shifted over 10 million units already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

5uspect wrote: »

Hey do you mind telling what delivery option you went for and when did you get the email telling you it had been shipped?

I just went for regular p&p and only got the order shipped email at 23:30 last night. Dull weekend ahead for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mozattack wrote: »
    I'm finding the aiming fairly tricky on PS3.
    It feels a lot different to BC2,I was fairly capable in BC2 but in this I'm not fairing so good.
    I've found myself spraying like a lunatic on a couple of occasions :)

Advertisement