Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lads I Pre-Ordered the Limited Edition on Xbox in Gamestop but can't find the Physical Warfare Code??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

jackoire wrote: »
    Does anyone else get long map loading? I hate missing vehicle at start of the round.

Need a fix for this...

ATI card by any chance?? Apparently the map loading bug is back...
    Lads I Pre-Ordered the Limited Edition on Xbox in Gamestop but can't find the Physical Warfare Code??

Did you pick it up in store or delivery? There should be a piece of paper with the codes on it with it. (at least there is with the PC version)

Did you pick it up in store or delivery? There should be a piece of paper with the codes on it with it. (at least there is with the PC version)

I got it in store. I got 2 leaflets and a warranty thing. One leaflet had the Online Access Code, the other had the Gun Club Code for the M1911.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Keno 92 wrote: »

I got it in store. I got 2 leaflets and a warranty thing. One leaflet had the Online Access Code, the other had the Gun Club Code for the M1911.
    Its on a seperate leaflet,not in the game box.
    A4 size page.

Cheers lads, left the bag in the car! Derp :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cant get into any game

just joining server..... all the time. Just gets no where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

TheFairy wrote: »
    I think the maps are really well designed, however the favour Rush slightly more than Conquest! Havent tried the other game modes yet. Also expect things to be laggy and slow this evening, they've shifted over 10 million units already!

10 million!? Where did you get that? Blacks ops only sold 6 mill on day one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Battlefield 3 purchased,off work 4 hours early,Cup tea.Sure what more would ya want :D.

Luckily i always play the single player first so server issue dont bother me......yet :P

Finally got into a game

It take for ever to load and yet again it crashes on me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Headshot wrote: »
    Finally got into a game

It take for ever to load and yet again it crashes on me

Hopefully it doesn't take as long as it took ya to get the beta to resolve :P

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Hopefully it doesn't take as long as it took ya to get the beta to resolve :P

The beta ran better

I cant get into any game without crashing

ea retards

The beta ran better

I cant get into any game without crashing

ea retards

Feck.

I thought I'd been reading that the release version runs better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Games are running surprisingly smoothly for me with no crashes so far. Of the ones I played last night I didn't experience any lag. Although I was picking quick match each time, so maybe I was matched to the lowest possible pings.

Are you guys playing with the Boards Platoon tonight? Does it work well for keeping folk together?

Feck.

I thought I'd been reading that the release version runs better?

Probably for some but It keeps crashing and I never had the problem with the beta

The beta ran perfectly

XLglv.png

ridiculous

grizzly wrote: »
    Games are running surprisingly smoothly for me with no crashes so far. Of the ones I played last night I didn't experience any lag. Although I was picking quick match each time, so maybe I was matched to the lowest possible pings.

Are you guys playing with the Boards Platoon tonight? Does it work well for keeping folk together?

Worked great in the beta, will join the new one later :)
    XLglv.png

ridiculous

Balls. BF2 all over :(

Full uninstall / reinstall work? Drivers?

Bloody hell, I remember in BF2 even doing a full format to get the damn game to work. Hope it doesn't get that bad. Anything online about the problem?

anyone playing bf3 on windows 7 32bit?

Heard its having trouble with that windows version

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I had some problems with the .exe crashing while starting a game earlier during the week, seems to of been fixed now. I haven't had any in game ctd's (Thank fúck) 64bit Windows here. You've obviously updated everything including the new Nvidia drivers out recently?

Put a post in the feedback section of Battlelog and detail your system specs etc.

They are constantly working on issues being brought up in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Just got into my first game there after 15mins trying (xbox) Serious lag. I heard wingsofredemption on about changing something in the settings so that you get a server close to you. Anyone know what he means?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Haven't had a single problem with MP or SP apart from the awful QTEs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

Won tickets to the launch today 6.30 - 9 in the Tripod tonight, PM if people want to go instead. 2 tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just got into my first game there after 15mins trying (xbox) Serious lag. I heard wingsofredemption on about changing something in the settings so that you get a server close to you. Anyone know what he means?
    If you manually choose the server instead of quick match you can pick a game to join that has the best connection.
    There's a meter to indicate your connection strength(a la call of duty) on each server just go for the ones with full bars or the most bars.
    I've had 5 bar connections available most of the time.
    I can't even blame the lag for how crap I've been :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EA's method of promoting the game in London:

http://kotaku.com/5854180/battlefield-3-tanks-invade-londons-rush-hour

For the pedantic, it's not a tank it's an SPG, looks like an Abbot specifically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV433_Abbot_SPG

Looks like im going to have to talk to India EA again ffs

anyone remember where I get in contact with them again please

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Click the yellow link on the left hand side of the screen in Battlelog.

Been reading other forums and alot of people are having the same trouble and EA have said it's suppose to be because of DirectX being corrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Ahahaha!
    Was dusting my computer today, on a break from BF3.
    Plugging everything back in I realised I had rear speakers for 5.1 surround sitting in my closet.
    I've never played with 5.1 before... I still haven't tried it but I'm cackling maniacally here knowing it.will.be.epic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I haven't had any major trouble so far, but I do get the odd game which crashes for no reason to desktop. No error message or anything...

Anyone had this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jaafa wrote: »
    10 million!? Where did you get that? Blacks ops only sold 6 mill on day one!

The difference is blops is a steaming POS but lets not go there :P

• Advertisement

lads do you think my troubles could be that Im on windows 32 bit instead of windows 64 bit?

Advertisement