Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Battlefield 2 defo had this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Did Battlefield 2 already have this?
    I know I played one game where the M16 had single shot and triple-shot fire...ah wait...that was FarCry :D
    Was awesome in that though...who needed a sniper rifle when your M16 on single shot was just as good :D

Yep, defo the M16 and M4 carbine had it. They're the ones I definitely remember having fire mode select. Used to love sniping with the M4 Spec ops kit. :D

I loved using the G36C i single shot in BF2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yep, defo the M16 and M4 carbine had it. They're the ones I definitely remember having fire mode select. Used to love sniping with the M4 Spec ops kit. :D

ah yes...the G36 versions had it as well...now I remember...god if BF3 is even only half as awesome as BF2 it'll be a great game :)

One thing i hope they keep is the scoring system from bad company. I like how you can earn points from things other then killing and flag caps/defends. Things like blowing up tanks and choppers or assists are good ways of getting points cause its helping your team out. BF2 didnt acknowledge any of this except kill assists in vehicles

• Advertisement

steve_ wrote: »
    One thing i hope they keep is the scoring system from bad company. I like how you can earn points from things other then killing and flag caps/defends. Things like blowing up tanks and choppers or assists are good ways of getting points cause its helping your team out. BF2 didnt acknowledge any of this except kill assists in vehicles

And heals, re-supply's, repairs, revives ...

Considering a lot of maps are moving from BF2.....

Were the game modes the same as BC?.... were helicopter pilots able to fly quickly in a circle over your tiny spawn point and blow up your tanks etc... before ye even spawn?

All they need to do is make MINOR tweeks and this could be the best FPS ever, I've over 120 hours(ive never put in hours like that on anything bar FIFA) in BC2 now and some of it wrecks my head.

I think in Conquest they need to stop the other team having the ability to enter your base, that was a really stupid option considering it's closed in Rush.
    Every second game gets ruined by people pushing up after taking the last flag, I hate when my team does it, it just leads to everyone quitting.

More exits out too, to stop people laying C4 and mines at the ONE exit.

Adjustments/removal of the Apache(either take the missiles off the driver, make them non repairable, limit on respawn, more spread out AA guns, not one located 5 yards from spawn where he can blow you/it up in 3secs.

Minor changes to Recon to encourage more team work(the game is ALL teamwork, yet you end up on teams with 4/5/6 snipers sitting miles away from the flags in conquest or making no contribution in Rush)

Hopefully they sit down and think of some of the elements that ruined BC2, there aren't many and most are pretty obvious from extended play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Adjustments/removal of the Apache(either take the missiles off the driver, make them non repairable, limit on respawn, more spread out AA guns, not one located 5 yards from spawn where he can blow you/it up in 3secs.

And we're off..
    The game isn't even out yet and the land noobs are bitching already....
    The choppers are simple to take out in BC2...all it involves is a bit of teamwork....
    but no..same as in BF2...
    the jets are too powerful, we want to nerf them etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Gilberto BC2 is not worthy of the Battlefield game, it was made for consoles and ported to PC, it has tiny maps, vehicle control is brutal, no command system, kill cam, and that un-selectable fcukin knife, etc

BF3 will hopefully be a true Battlefield game, there is only one true game mode in Battlefield and that is conquest.

with BF3 being developed on the PC hopefully we can expect decent sized maps so it will be a lot harder to spawn rape and sniper camp, so it wont be as predominant as on that bastardized version that is BC2

just forget about BC2 and COD as they are for kiddies, BF3 will hopefully be worthy successor after waiting 5+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Auvers wrote: »
    ......there is only one true game mode in Battlefield and that is conquest.

CTF was great in BF1942, CTF with vehicles rawks!

• Advertisement

TheFairy wrote: »
    CTF was great in BF1942, CTF with vehicles rawks!

yep that was excellent also, but i do like the strategy in conquest more

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    And we're off..
    The game isn't even out yet and the land noobs are bitching already....
    The choppers are simple to take out in BC2...all it involves is a bit of teamwork....
    but no..same as in BF2...
    the jets are too powerful, we want to nerf them etc etc...

I never mentioned ''choppers'', I have no problem with someone flying and his team mates shooting.

I was referring to Apache's where the driver can shoot missiles.
    They are next to impossible to take out as when they fly around in a circle RPG's are ineffective, and tanks are only useful from a distance, they get close- you can't hit them and have to jump out and run.

The only maps they give them in BC2 are too narrow, you spawn with tanks and AA guns all within a 20 metre radius.

I'm not talking about the jets in BF2 because I never played it, but the Apaches are a problem mainly due to that circular flying motion coupled with cramped spawning.
    Gilberto BC2 is not worthy of the Battlefield game, it was made for consoles and ported to PC, it has tiny maps, vehicle control is brutal, no command system, kill cam, and that un-selectable fcukin knife, etc

Regardless of your opinions on it compared to BF2 it's a good game, prob the best on the console at the minute.
    Some minor changes and it would be near a 10/10...they got more right then wrong anyway.

In relation to kill-cam.... stick to hardcore ;)... I don't like my position to be given away so avoid normal mode now.
    Much better all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I vote no talk of the bad company games, not true BF games at all. Only thing BF3 should be talked about is in the context of BF2, BF1942, nam and I guess 2142...

And anyone who mentions that retarded crap that was on the PS2, that they dared to call BF2:Modern warfare, should be perma banned. :p

Regardless of your opinions on it compared to BF2 it's a good game.

you see thats your problem i am not judging BC2 on just BF2, I am basing it playing battlefield games for the last 10 years, BC2 is a console game and hopefully is well forgotten in the making of BF3

In relation to kill-cam.... stick to hardcore

nah I just uninstalled it after a week of being annoyed

you see thats your problem i am not judging BC2 on just BF2, I am basing it playing battlefield games for the last 10 years, BC2 is a console game and hopefully is well forgotten in the making of BF3

nah I just uninstalled it after a week of being annoyed

Just take BC2 for what it is - a fun squad based MP shooter, loosely based on the BF series.

Its sort of a testing ground for BF3 IMO - they tried a few new things (health regen, melee knife etc etc) and the gfx are the best on any MP shooter out there, destructible environment et al.

I have high hopes for BF3 - but from reading the interviews, I think it will be closer to BC2 than BF2 :(

Think I'll have a few rounds of 2142 tonight, was going to last night then decided I was wrecked and went to bed instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The jets in BF2 were far too overpowered....there was absolutely no way to take out some dude in a jet that was really good which should not be the case. You should not have to wait for someone else just as good in a jet to be on the other side to compensate....and even then they usually just joined the other side and the two raped. The AA in BF2 was totally useless except for inexperienced pilots.....same thing in BFBC2:Vietnam.....high DPI mouse with sensitivity on 5600dpi and you have no way whatsoever to kill a chopper when some dude is "ripping" on the mouse mat. Yes, a tank shot will easily kill a chopper in Vietnam but 9/10 times peeps just do not shoot them...FACT.

And for the record I am not a land freak....I had a pair of saitek X52's for the jets in BF2 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I had good success in BF2 with the AT against choppers. Sure it didn't bring them down in one but gave them something to think about. I had more of an issue with the choppers than the Jets to be fair.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »

It's nuked already. Here's the Youtube verision:

Wow the lighting looks very impressive. Since they where changing the lighting on the fly in the video do you reckon multiplayer maps might reflect the time of day on a particular server?

• Advertisement

Those vids already got yanked.

Consider us lucky!!

Consider us lucky!!

Not me :( they were gone before I got a chance to view them

it'll pop up again im sure. Looks pretty though!!

it'll pop up again im sure. Looks pretty though!!

I'm pretty sure it'll be the content that'll be released in fault line part 2 or so on March 16th. After the ambush in part 1, the mission has them climb some stairs to a roof where they AT4 the hotel with the RPG bloke. After that it's the content in this leak.

Particle lighting!!! Finally somethign from 3D Mark 06 being realised in a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Holy crap this game looks amazing :eek: I really hope it will run on my
    pc :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The jets in BF2 were far too overpowered....there was absolutely no way to take out some dude in a jet that was really good which should not be the case.

I'd just jump in a plane and kill him. I didnt play on a lot of pub servers though, played on a very good teamplay based clan server, so my experiences may be different.

Never found the planes to be massively game changing. Hell I'd be taking them down with the tv missile in a chopper, while piloting the chopper at the same time.

DC did it better though, the planes were far far FAR more powerful, but if you picked AT you had a stinger as well as an RPG. Projectiles in that game were completely dumb, by dumb I mean non guided.

This allowed higher skilled players to make some brilliant shots, taking out planes with RPG's , never mind stingers. By making things guided in bf2 it allowed ****ty players to get more kills but cancelled out the ability of better players to land the kinda kills they would with dummy projectiles.

I doubt things will ever go near DC again but I do hope the shoulder mounted AT weapons in BF3 are more like RPG's and less the eyrx and so on in BF2.

I just hope bf3 fixes the guided missiles as they were always a constant disaster in BF2 and part of why many found it so difficult to take out enemy aircraft in bf2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

All of this talk of hoping it's an original BF game I just don't see it happening. BC2 completely out performed the older BF games in terms of sales considering it was on all consoles. I just don't see them creating a game with the old fans in charge, more than likely they'll be following the money trail which leads straight to the console platforms. A good console game will dramtically outsell a good PC game and I think that's whats going to happen here.

Advertisement