Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If Karkand is a copy of the original Strike at Karkand map, it's way too big for 24 players.

Used to play that 64 player on the PC and it was gaming perfection. The sheer franticness of being the attacking wave running down the hill/convoy rolling in or the desperate defenders was just indescribably awesome.

I actually love BF3 so far but to be honest at the same time I consider it a mere shadow of the greatness of BF2. However, I am playing on 360 this time around, so not the best comparison.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If Karkand is a copy of the original Strike at Karkand map, it's way too big for 24 players.

Used to play that 64 player on the PC and it was gaming perfection. The sheer franticness of being the attacking wave running down the hill/convoy rolling in or the desperate defenders was just indescribably awesome.

I actually love BF3 so far but to be honest at the same time I consider it a mere shadow of the greatness of BF2. However, I am playing on 360 this time around, so not the best comparison.

Definitely a bad platform to compare. Play on the PC with 64 players and large maps, its a different beast altogether. Like all the resized maps on BF3, the back to Karkland expansion will have a portion of the map cut out to cater for smaller sized games.

EDIT: If you want to compare 360 to 360 games, you're probably just better comparing it to Bad Company 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Auvers wrote: »
    enjoying the game so for although it has its problems

mini map is useless

-press N to zoom out. My only complaint is you cant set it to a scale as a default and it resets everytime I die.
    flags on conquest are to close together

I've seen this complaint a lot but I dont understand it. Some flags are close, but if they are too far away people would be complaining the other way. I havnt had any issues with the flag placements so far.
    Choppers and Airplanes are unusable

I find the choppers are a lot easier then they were on the beta and have no problems with the jets. If its a matter of control a wired 360 controller (which you can get for less then 20 quid online) works brilliantly in controlling both.
    auto regen on vehicles is just stupid

Why is it any more stupid then the ability of 1 soldier to control a tank which normally requires a crew of 4?

I think its interesting at the moment. Vehicles regenerate fine if you get damage lightly. But get disabled and its the complete opposite your vehicle is doomed unless you have an engineer near by or have the repair ability unlocked. And that happens when you go below 50% health. So all the vehicles are actually weaker then they appear, it requires teamwork to keep them working and it allows you to think strategically when attacking them. (disable with RPG and then wait for the engineer to pop out to repair and pop him off and then finish it off with a 2nd rpg) And this applies to all vehicles including jets which are almost impossible to save once disabled until you unlock fire extinguishers. It makes operating vehicles more dynamic and I must admit I enjoy operating the tanks more in BF2 then in any BF game since 1942.
    why cant you throw mines and C4 :confused:

equally confused about the question?
    squad play is fcuked, whats all this bull that you can spawn on any squad member

Server side setting. Check the setting page before you join and if you see this:
    ONLY SQUAD LEADER SPAWN Off

then you can spawn on anyone. So look for one where it is ON
    Damn you COD for destroying the BF series

Damn you COD for making every discussion of the game be about either BF being destroyed or beating it. Why cant we just enjoy the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Got it this morning. Going to play it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

OK haven't bought this yet, where's the best place to get the game + addons?
    I've been holding off till now, because I haven't bought a new PC yet (xmas : ()
    But I think I'll give it a shot on this old gal until then.
    So really what I'm looking for is the game + any extra maps.

Gamestop all the way mate. If you get it online with them its even cheaper and you get all the add ons and map packs.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

right that's it I despise the game

how can I sell it? if I bought it through origin?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

right that's it I despise the game

how can I sell it? if I bought it through origin?

whats wrong?

Headshot wrote: »
    whats wrong?

its not battlefield, its some sort of BC2\COD hybrid,

hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

its not battlefield, its some sort of BC2\COD hybrid,

hate it

Have you being playing the Single Player only?

The multiplayer is all out battlefield! Single Player is a little over the top like COD alright, but thats where the comparison ends imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Caspian Border and the one where you start on the Assault carrier also for me are just far too big for the 360. It just feels so empty. Would love to try this on pc. Might start playing the squad modes. Haven't touched the single player yet, but it's not something that really interests me. Really disappointed so far. I just hope that the BC2 community doesn't fall away.

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Have you being playing the Single Player only?

The multiplayer is all out battlefield! Single Player is a little over the top like COD alright, but thats where the comparison ends imo.

never even started single player, I don't play BF for single player

Nah its very good....anyone miss the CMMDR role? Bet you all forgot about it? It would be nice to have it on the large maps.

Stay well clear of the 64 player maps laggy as ****, EA said they are working on it.

Had a right few games tonite with some of the heads on here....but I have dodgy stomach at the minute so dashing to the toilet and coming back and I was getting kicked from the server :mad:

Great fun all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-boy wrote:

Had a right few games tonite with some of the heads on here....but I have dodgy stomach at the minute so dashing to the toilet and coming back and I was getting kicked from the server :mad:

Great fun all the same.

Ah that explains where you dissapeared to, we were cleaning up in the 2 abrams at one stage.

Must say i'd fun with the stinger tonight , think the vehicle regen is a bit gay why have engineers then, takes too long for a vehicle to explode too, lost count the amount of times I took out a jeep heli or tank only for the crew to eject with loads time to spare. Besides that complaint its a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

I just blew up my team mates chopper because he left our tank for it

serves him right leaving me all alone :D

I just dominated caspian border with a stolen t-90 :D

some boardsies may have been hurt in the process...

Look what I came across!

Heres the Top Ranking Player on Battlefield 3 PC:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Boxman13/

100,146,003,968 Points

But...

Only 106 Kills ;)

And hence the reason why!

He's a member of the Defaced Platoon:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391310877391/

Here's their website:

http://thedefaced.net/index.php

They're basically a team of hackers/programmers and have obviously found some clever exploit in the game.

Yeah the health regen. if above 50% is ****in stupid. Also I hate the way the tank shells feel like they are not hitting. Even when a tank has say 5% health and you hit it with another tank shell it takes a second or two to blow up WTF!!!!

INSTANT HITS and INSTANT KILLS...thats what makes the game run. And dont get me started on ****in eejjiiiitttssss in your own squad never mind on your team and just will not throw done some ammo OMFG!!!!

You are running around hitting Q asking for it and you get shot in the process. Still cant bind my G9 mouse for the health pack throw done and quick defib....not as quick with the scroll wheel.

Yeah I hate playing on servers that have a lack of teamwork.

Some people fairly high up on the boards server already!

Getting to grips with the game now though, absolutely loving every minute of it.

The only thing thats annoying is the sound drop outs, but hopefully they'll be remedied soon.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah the health regen. if above 50% is ****in stupid. Also I hate the way the tank shells feel like they are not hitting. Even when a tank has say 5% health and you hit it with another tank shell it takes a second or two to blow up WTF!!!!

Sorry to say I disagree, I find the tank combat in BF3 to be a blast. It can sometimes end up being two tanks being repaired just shooting at you. But once you unlock optics and start long range gunnery it comes more about hitting them in the spot that does more damage and knowing when to retreat/bail etc.

Having a blast using tanks atm.

my only complaint is the sights on the t-90 are miles better then the ones on the abrams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Really hope they get the aiming sorted on ps3 sooner rather than later,it seems to be a bit of an issue according to this.
    It's virtually impossible to take someone down at any kind of long range.

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/29/new-battlefield-3-patch-details-changes-to-aiming-pp-2000-and-much-more/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Played it for 11 hours yesterday.Dont even feel like I've scratched the surface. Havent played Operation Metro yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I have to say first good shot at it last night. Cherry and headshot not sure what was happenin but my machine crashed when I joined that server. I just left then. My biggest gripe with the game is the lack of team players. I felt like in the few games I had that I was the only one reviving people! Hate that shiiiii. Class game though! gonna get months out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Really hope they get the aiming sorted on ps3 sooner rather than later,it seems to be a bit of an issue according to this.

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/29/new-battlefield-3-patch-details-changes-to-aiming-pp-2000-and-much-more/

Glad I've heard this, thought it was just me having aiming issues

battser wrote: »
    I have to say first good shot at it last night. Cherry and headshot not sure what was happenin but my machine crashed when I joined that server. I just left then. My biggest gripe with the game is the lack of team players. I felt like in the few games I had that I was the only one reviving people! Hate that shiiiii. Class game though! gonna get months out of it.

Best thing to do is when you do find someone with great teamwork,

add them as a friend.

cambo2008 wrote: »

Thanks for the link, they're articles on BF3 are well written,

also liking this one hehe:

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/26/3-reasons-bf-players-would-get-booted-from-the-real-military/

rocketman-600x316.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

waveform wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, they're articles on BF3 are well written,

also liking this one hehe:

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/26/3-reasons-bf-players-would-get-booted-from-the-real-military/

rocketman-600x316.jpg

Just been reading that myself,the comments are just as funny,the internet brings out the very worst in some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Great game, but my minor flaws with it are -

long initial load time for map
    poor teamwork
    very bad spawning points, i've been shot so many times spawning in my own captured base
    CTD a couple of times
    Knife detection is really poor

On the flip side love the 64v64, the canal map is best so far imo and really looking forward to karkland

dice linked this in the news section.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm finding it hard to get ammo from others. So many vehicles have remained unexploded because no one is dropping ammo boxes.

The chat system is as broken as ever, it would have been nice if they simply used the final version that BC2 ended up with. It's difficult to read against the sky too.
    Also whats the story with the commo rose? It needs a bit of work to make it anyway usable. Everything is bunched too tight and you can't quickly tell what option is selected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

5uspect wrote: »
    Also whats the story with the commo rose? It needs a bit of work to make it anyway usable. Everything is bunched too tight and you can't quickly tell what option is selected.

Maybe im a thick but whay is commo rose?

Advertisement