Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

battser wrote: »
    Maybe im a thick but whay is commo rose?

Press Q in game

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Press Q in game

Yeah I know Q spots people! "Commo rose"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hold q down...thats the commo rose

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Right after playing this now for a few days the FLAWS are popping up big time. The hit detection for the tanks is just terrible especially for infantry, you can hit them smack in the head and chances are they will still get a RPG off afterwards. Makes the game feel very consoley IMHO. Also a tank shooting EVERYTHING has the same terrible effect. Even shooting a jeep with a shell very rarely gets a straight kill and never blows up on impact. Yet when a tank hit even one mine you ****ed 99% of the time.

It just purely takes the gloss off a great game....don like the tank regen either as I said before. The health regen of the player is meh okay prefer not to have it but the tanks etc NO WAY.

Only positive thing about the vehicles is the handling of the "Little Bird" choppers absolute sweet it is. Bang on the money.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Right after playing this now for a few days the FLAWS are popping up big time. The hit detection for the tanks is just terrible especially for infantry, you can hit them smack in the head and chances are they will still get a RPG off afterwards. Makes the game feel very consoley IMHO. Also a tank shooting EVERYTHING has the same terrible effect. Even shooting a jeep with a shell very rarely gets a straight kill and never blows up on impact. Yet when a tank hit even one mine you ****ed 99% of the time.

It just purely takes the gloss off a great game....don like the tank regen either as I said before. The health regen of the player is meh okay prefer not to have it but the tanks etc NO WAY.

Only positive thing about the vehicles is the handling of the "Little Bird" choppers absolute sweet it is. Bang on the money.....

Ive absolutely none of these issues at all wonda,it reg is spot on for me with every weapon,vehicle or aircraft in the game for me.
    As for hehealth regen in vehicles i dont mind it at all because for the regen to kick in you need to have taken no damage for 20-30 seconds or so which is a long time in a battle.

My biggest issue with the game is Q is alwayts bound to the comm rose , i cant bind any action to Q because the comm rose always pops up even when i unbind it, how they missed this is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Finding team deathmatch pretty good. Never had much time for it in a BF game before

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Squad system is a bit of a let down for me. Should really be 6 players in a squad. Also if you select a squad member to spawn on and you spawn just as they die you end up back at main spawn. This is a real pain in Rush, coz yer ages away fromt he action then.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with the game. It feels like battlefield should, lots of team work happening which is class! Havent seen any weapon thats too overpowering, however the word that stingers will be nerfed is worrying, they should never ever make air vehicles too over powered, they can seriously rape then!

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive absolutely none of these issues at all wonda,it reg is spot on for me with every weapon,vehicle or aircraft in the game for me.
    As for hehealth regen in vehicles i dont mind it at all because for the regen to kick in you need to have taken no damage for 20-30 seconds or so which is a long time in a battle.

My biggest issue with the game is Q is alwayts bound to the comm rose , i cant bind any action to Q because the comm rose always pops up even when i unbind it, how they missed this is beyond me.

?????

Cully you saying that you get no lag (bad use of word) when hitting objects with the tanks. Or that you dont mind when it does it? Its stupid that when u hit a van directly with 3 peeps in it the van is disabled but does not blow up and all the boys hop out and run!

Also if you unlock the optics on tanks and sit from a hill and snipe/rape like a noob or sit back from a point the health regen. really sucks

I am not on a laggy server like....its just the game. The weapons are all fine in fact I love the variety. I mean if I use certain guns I cant hit **** then if I pick my favs I am getting mental kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hate the lag that when you think you got away without being shot and take cover behind the wall then you get the shots

very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

?????
    ...Its stupid that when u hit a van directly with 3 peeps in it the van is disabled but does not blow up and all the boys hop out and run.

Thats not hit detection, thats the way the game is designed. I'm 50/50 on wether I like it or not, cant decide. If pushed I'd rather the disabled system was a serverside option.

Its the same with mines, take 2 or 3 just to disable a tank, they should in reality be instant kills.

What I'm worried about is the clamour on the foums that could lead Dice to patch the game into a mess like they did in BF2, that would be a real pity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,446 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How does this game run on either the 5770 or the 6770?

I've got 2 configs in the house:

Phenom II X6 AM3, DDR3, 5770

Phenom IIX4 AM2+, DDR2, 6770

As for why the slower machine has the better card, it's not mine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Overheal wrote: »

Almost identical to my setup Overheal.Im on a Phenom 2 x4 B25 @ 3.2,4gb ddr3 and a 5770 slightly overclocked on Vista 32bit.

Playing at high @ 1280*1024 (monitor native res) and Im getting between 60-80 depending on the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The Hardcore servers were down on xbox this weekend, Can anyone tell me if the M98b is a one shot kill (if you hit center mass) in hardcore??

Otherwise I'm getting rid of recon, tis a terrible class otherwise.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Overheal wrote: »

Phenom II X6 AM3, DDR3, 5770

As for why the slower machine has the better card, it's not mine!

Have a look here:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063.html

The Hardcore servers were down on xbox this weekend, Can anyone tell me if the M98b is a one shot kill (if you hit center mass) in hardcore??

Otherwise I'm getting rid of recon, tis a terrible class otherwise.

Im doing fine with recon class, plenty of headshots, 1 shot to head = kill on normal servers.
    Not too far off unlocking the M98b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Im doing fine with recon class, plenty of headshots, 1 shot to head = kill on normal servers.
    Not too far off unlocking the M98b.
    Aye I know head shots are one hit kills but I'm a lowly xbox player!

Plus when I'm running between spots I don't have time to go for head, I usually go for chest and always loose the shootout

Cully you saying that you get no lag (bad use of word) when hitting objects with the tanks. Or that you dont mind when it does it? Its stupid that when u hit a van directly with 3 peeps in it the van is disabled but does not blow up and all the boys hop out and run!

As Fairy pointed out thats not lag at all,its a game design.
    Hit detection is fine, no issues at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

One of the problems with BC2 was that jeeps were next to useless and were simply unused for anything other than crossing long distances. The Hummers in BF3 are pretty tough while the light jeeps are pretty easily destroyed by a single tank shell.

You can still do a lot of damage and even kill people in a Hummer with a grenade.
    So I like the new system, vehicles are less disposable but you have to work to keep them running.

So if you hit a Hummer with a tank shell just be ready to switch to the coax and finish off anyone hopping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Gamestop all the way mate. If you get it online with them its even cheaper and you get all the add ons and map packs.;)

Cheers wonda!

lads just wanted to play a bit of bf3 there and I cant join any server to save my life

just joining server..........

nothing else comes up

edit

found out that the web browser needs cached deleted

• Advertisement

As Fairy pointed out thats not lag at all,its a game design.
    Hit detection is fine, no issues at all.

Ahh, yeah get ya. I taught you meant you were not even getting the way it was designed for a minute.

The game is optimised very well, much better then the beta which in fairness was a few mths old even when we got it.

I have it on Ultra but I use Vsync and as you would expect with a 6990 and a 2500K @ 4.8ghz & 8GB ram its pretty sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

?????

I know what you mean. The tanks fire sabot rounds by default which are just for armour penetration. I'm sure HEAT rounds when you unlock them will sort out those pesky jeeps. In the mean time just press F and flick to machine gun and finish the feckers off.

Also if you unlock the optics on tanks and sit from a hill and snipe/rape like a noob or sit back from a point the health regen. really sucks

Like a noob? The noobs are the ones allowing the enemy tank to do this. Flank the tank. slap c4 on a jeep and drive around him and surprise him.

Grab your own tank and sort him out. Take him out from the air etc etc etc.

*edit*

Also , two shots to the back of a tank will give you that satisfying explosion + kill that you are looking for. If you spot a tank and he has not seen you, don't attack straight away, try and get behind the fecker.

Ahh, yeah get ya. I taught you meant you were not even getting the way it was designed for a minute.

The game is optimised very well, much better then the beta which in fairness was a few mths old even when we got it.

I have it on Ultra but I use Vsync and as you would expect with a 6990 and a 2500K @ 4.8ghz & 8GB ram its pretty sweet!

I found deferred AA to be the biggest fps hit, disable that for a lot more fps.

lads you wouldnt want to rely on ea live help, mg they are ****ing idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

TheFairy wrote: »
    Thats not hit detection, thats the way the game is designed. I'm 50/50 on wether I like it or not, cant decide. If pushed I'd rather the disabled system was a serverside option.

Its the same with mines, take 2 or 3 just to disable a tank, they should in reality be instant kills.

What I'm worried about is the clamour on the foums that could lead Dice to patch the game into a mess like they did in BF2, that would be a real pity!

Lads I think with all that's been said on this topic, I'd have to side with Dice. IMO they are planning for the long run. Think about it.

Two, three months tops from now, every kid and their mother is gona have a javelin, extra RPG ammo, flak perk, J-DAM airstrikes for recon, mortars for support class, EOD bots, laser designators on MBT's, light tanks, even some infantry classes I think, (which can mark tanks and other vehicles for jets and helicopters to lock onto), rocket pods for jets, lock on air to surface missiles for helicopters, anti tank missiles for light tanks.....you get the idea just look at the unlock list.

So what I'm saying is that if your in a tank 2 or 3 months from now you are sure as hell gona be thanking Dice for regen health and the disable first feature.

Maybe....but it just feels terrible. I mean when you have the pwoer it should be FATAL. Its not now....and okay if that is the way its designed fine. But what about shooting the infantry in plane open territory and no death with a shell. And no I aint missing by about half a mile before we all say it.....

Tanks really piss me off in the game

Just to powerful imo. I disable a tank but he is still able to shoot me, it just doesnt make sense

Headshot wrote: »
    Tanks really piss me off in the game

Just to powerful imo. I disable a tank but he is still able to shoot me, it just doesnt make sense

He's stuck there, tank can barely move and the turret speed is a lot slower. He's a sitting duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Could someone tell me what the jet shaking is about?

I could be flying perfectly straight when I get hit by something thats not arms fire and the jet shakes for a second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

He's stuck there, tank can barely move and the turret speed is a lot slower. He's a sitting duck.

Until an Engineer comes along, with a welding tool, to extinguish the flames and bring the tank back to working order in a matter of seconds :pac:

Out of curiosity, is the repair speed reduced while the tank is disabled (excl. the 1% damage ticks incurred while on fire)?

Advertisement