Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Krieg wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what the jet shaking is about?

I could be flying perfectly straight when I get hit by something thats not arms fire and the jet shakes for a second.

Not sure, on a really laggy server it kept happening every other second.
    Also when you hit the altitude ceiling it also shudders and you hear a crashing noise. Maybe it's supposed to be turbulence.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He's stuck there, tank can barely move and the turret speed is a lot slower. He's a sitting duck.

but doesnt matter tbh

Last time I looked disabled machine means cant be used

They are well able to use the gunner

Iv lost count how many times iv disabled the tank but he kills me with a shell, thats not on tbh

And then once im killed they go out an repair it

repair a disabled tank, serious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

5uspect wrote: »
    Not sure, on a really laggy server it kept happening every other second.
    Also when you hit the altitude ceiling it also shudders and you hear a crashing noise. Maybe it's supposed to be turbulence.

Aye turbulence is what I was thinking. But just like you mentioned, I did have one instance where it occurred almost every couple of seconds on caspian border, that was very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Headshot wrote: »
    but doesnt matter tbh

Last time I looked disabled machine means cant be used

They are well able to use the gunner

Iv lost count how many times iv disabled the tank but he kills me with a shell, thats not on tbh

And then once im killed they go out an repair it

repair a disabled tank, serious ?

I'm sorry mate but really a disabled tank shouldn't be able to kill you as easily as you describe. I've destroyed plenty of tanks without out being killed as its disabled.

You got to hit and run, or hit and hide. Otherwise just pick your shots, don't attack if you know it has full health and you don't have good cover. And always always try get a side or rear hit first unless its completely not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaffa,

We all get that...we know how to play the game. Its the principal of the idea, well it is in my mind. It just takes the edge of an otherwise excellant game. Its just very annoying and or frustrating....TBH most of the time its not even me that gets killed its a team mate etc.

Its a part of the game I just think is a tad lame.

• Advertisement

Jaafa wrote: »
    I'm sorry mate but really a disabled tank shouldn't be able to kill you as easily as you describe. I've destroyed plenty of tanks without out being killed as its disabled.

You got to hit and run, or hit and hide. Otherwise just pick your shots, don't attack if you know it has full health and you don't have good cover. And always always try get a side or rear hit first unless its completely not possible.

funny I just played a map there and a disabled tank could move his gunner like it was shop new then his buddy gets out to repair a disabled tank

That's fair ridiculous tbh

Krieg wrote: »
    Aye turbulence is what I was thinking. But just like you mentioned, I did have one instance where it occurred almost every couple of seconds on caspian border, that was very strange.

I think it might possibly be stall. I found my controls often get unresponsive when it happens. I shouldn't be stalling tho, may it's lag spike related and your airspeed dips or something.
    funny I just played a map there and a disabled tank could move his gunner like it was shop new then his buddy gets out to repair a disabled tank

That's fair ridiculous tbh

Might have set his mouse sensitivity on the fly. I have to do with the VDV's MG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

5uspect wrote: »
    I think it might possibly be stall. I found my controls often get unresponsive when it happens. I shouldn't be stalling tho, may it's lag spike related and your airspeed dips or something.
    It stalls when you climb too high and takes quite a bit fo time to get control of though once you get it back under control you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

I haven't flown a jet yet, but if it gets damaged are you able to land back on the runway to repair it?

You have about maybe 20-30 seconds before it goes boom once it's disabled. Landing takes a bit longer than that usually but it could possibly be done if you were already going low and slow and since you have to put down immediately you're a sitting duck.

You can unlock fire extinguishers to put out the disabling fire and recover. It's easier to repair in helis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Have to say I love the Little Birds.

Effing excellent little anti-infantry choppers, great fun :) Pity I can't fly for sh1te, but great craic nonetheless! ha!

Haven't really been playing much over the weekend for a number of reasons, but play time should start to ramp up after today :)

Should be on tonight for a good oul session

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Just realised last night that you can repair the transport helos in flight. If you're sitting in one of the passenger seats with your feet dangling over the side, just take out your repair kit and point it at any part of the bodywork.

sink wrote: »
    Just realised last night that you can repair the transport helos in flight. If you're sitting in one of the passenger seats with your feet dangling over the side, just take out your repair kit and point it at any part of the bodywork.

Like every other BF game before it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Like every other BF game before it ;)

I've been playing since BF2 and didn't realise that :o.

sink wrote: »
    I've been playing since BF2 and didn't realise that :o.

Ya big eejit! :D

I think it started in BF2 with the Blackhawk (and MEC / Chinese equivalent).

2142 and BC2 also had this feature (though it's a little tricky sometimes in BC2 - you have to get the right spot)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Ya big eejit! :D

I think it started in BF2 with the Blackhawk (and MEC / Chinese equivalent).

2142 and BC2 also had this feature (though it's a little tricky sometimes in BC2 - you have to get the right spot)

its not a spot.. just has to be level in the air to repair :)

Jonny7 wrote: »
    its not a spot.. just has to be level in the air to repair :)

That explains it so :)

POXY ****IN GAME...TYPICAL OF EA/DICE TO GO AND **** THE WHOLE GAME UP. GAME IS FINE FROM LAUNCH.....NOW THEY "UPDATE" THE SERVERS THIS AM AND EVERY ****IN GAME YOU GET KICKED FROM!!!!

ABSOLUTE *****
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    POXY ****IN GAME...TYPICAL OF EA/DICE TO GO AND **** THE WHOLE GAME UP. GAME IS FINE FROM LAUNCH.....NOW THEY "UPDATE" THE SERVERS THIS AM AND EVERY ****IN GAME YOU GET KICKED FROM!!!!

ABSOLUTE *****
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

maybe manually update punkbuster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

+1

Haven't had one issue since I updated it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bah, been trying to change my name but no matter what I pick, it is taken!! ****ing pain in the hole!

Bah, been trying to change my name but no matter what I pick, it is taken!! ****ing pain in the hole!

try headshot-is-great

Yeah mate...did all that. Absolute gob****es they are. Whatever they changed is ****ing me right up.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah mate...did all that. Absolute gob****es they are. Whatever they changed is ****ing me right up.

maybe delete the cache from your browser

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I like how they have added a server queue.

So if it's full you can get a place in the queue and join as soon as someone leaves.

Haven't played it since Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

waveform wrote: »
    I like how they have added a server queue.

So if it's full you can get a place in the queue and join as soon as someone leaves.

Haven't played it since Saturday.
    That's some queue :)

New ATi drivers out 11.10 (prolly out a while) :rolleyes:

New user interface but has fixes for BF3....just got them there a min ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Just unlocked the heat seekers on the attack choppers.They're brilliant.

Took down 3 jets and 4 choppers in 1 match with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Chavways wrote: »
    Just unlocked the heat seekers on the attack choppers.They're brilliant.

Took down 3 jets and 4 choppers in 1 match with them.

Yeah, got those for jets this morning. The change in effectiveness was brilliant. Spent about an hour in total flying jets since release and I was getting little to no points. Soon as I unlocked the heatseekers, I doubled my jet score in ten minutes. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Yeah, got those for jets this morning. The change in effectiveness was brilliant. Spent about an hour in total flying jets since release and I was getting little to no points. Soon as I unlocked the heatseekers, I doubled my jet score in ten minutes. :pac:

How did you get your points to unlock the heat seekers?

Advertisement