Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You can get some dogtags for BF3 by watching this trailer and logging in with you EA ID (on all platforms)

http://kotaku.com/5855896/tolerate-a-three+minute-trailer-get-a-set-of-battlefield-dogtags

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Cheers for that, was wondering where those tags were gonna come from. Act of Valor looks pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

guyswait.gif

via Kotaku

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

@ above that is the same thing that little ****er harry potter does at platform 9 & 3/4's :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    New ATi drivers out 11.10 (prolly out a while) :rolleyes:

New user interface but has fixes for BF3....just got them there a min ago.

Definately not out before saturday. Must give them a go, the constant restarting after map changes is beginning to annoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im playing with everything on ultra

wow one of the best graphics iv seen on a mp game, just jaw dropping stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Headshot wrote: »
    Im playing with everything on ultra

wow one of the best graphics iv seen on a mp game, just jaw dropping stuff

well jealous! would love to invest in a proper powerful PC! Dont even have space for one atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

nkay1985 wrote: »
    How did you get your points to unlock the heat seekers?

If you're Squad Leader, mark objectives. You'll get 20 points for each Squad Member that hits that objective.

Pass over objectives and mark targets, you'll get a few Spot Assists.

Those are small points but they'll add eventually. You can also target choppers and jets that haven't taken off yet. I got some points for disabling an attack chopper that was sitting tight waiting for a gunner to come along and I got a kill when someone spawned into a jet as I was disabling them before I got going. Those points were mostly luck, I was just trying to stop them taking off in the first place and someone happened to get in while I was working on them. Worth a try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I unlocked the Javelin last night. Can someone tell me exactly how it works? I know I have to get a sniper to laser target a tank or whatever but how do I know when thats done. Also, do I have to be able to see the tank or whats the story?? Can I be a nice bit away and just fire up into the air and it will make its own way??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Yeah, got those for jets this morning. The change in effectiveness was brilliant. Spent about an hour in total flying jets since release and I was getting little to no points. Soon as I unlocked the heatseekers, I doubled my jet score in ten minutes. :pac:

How did you get your points to unlock the heat seekers?

They're not that useful as lock on takes too long to start the lock on, by the time you get the target you're flying past no time to even get a lock, I would be using the speed up on the guns but that removes stealth.

The range needs improving.

Got rm for that smaller helicopter but have not tried out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Definately not out before saturday. Must give them a go, the constant restarting after map changes is beginning to annoy.
    They're been out over a month iirc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Unlocked the SOFLAM for recon last night. Looks like a versatile piece of kit. Looking forward to abusing it.

The mortar is great fun for raining down masonry on the narrow streets of Seine Crossing, tho I managed to kill myself a few times with careless positioning. It's also a great anti-sniper weapon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

5uspect wrote: »
    Unlocked the SOFLAM for recon last night. Looks like a versatile piece of kit. Looking forward to abusing it.

The mortar is great fun for raining down masonry on the narrow streets of Seine Crossing, tho I managed to kill myself a few times with careless positioning. It's also a great anti-sniper weapon.

Did that myself on Seine, was too close to the front of a building and I shot and it blew a load of rocks down on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Im using the latest ATI drivers and crossfire profile and all is good :) .
    Playing on High and never get below 100 fps with 2x AA and HBAO off " 1080P. I'm surprised it works so well since its whored for Nvidea cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I've only briefly used the javelin but my experience has left me unimpressed. You have to spend a good few seconds locking on to the target like the stinger, but while that's not a problem when targeting aircraft, standing out in the open waiting to lock onto a tank is bad for your health. It's only useful at long ranges where distance makes you difficult to spot and target, which limits it's usefulness to just a few very large conquest maps. Also you only carry two missiles even with the ammo upgrade as opposed to six rockets with the RPG or SMAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Anyone know what the story is with voice chat on the PS3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whenever i use the soflam nobody bloody uses the javelin after ive marked targets for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dcully wrote: »
    Whenever i use the soflam nobody bloody uses the javelin after ive marked targets for them.

I think the SOFLAM / Javelin combo is best used within a squad, and have 2 or more players actively work together for the best results.

Relying on random pub players to either a) designate targets, or b) actually use the javelin after you've marked them, is never gonna end too well.

Why don't you, Sink, and someone as support all squad up and wreak havok?

Yeah...**** that Javelin ****e....I found even when locked to stationary targets it does not hit 100% of the time either!

I plan on using it only when playin with the squad I normally play with. Some people just dont know the meaning of teamwork

• Advertisement

I plan on using it only when playin with the squad I normally play with. Some people just dont know the meaning of teamwork.

If im using the Javelin, how do I know some one has targeted a tank or what ever?

Edit: Sorry for double post. Dunno what happened there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Find someone who has unlocked tracking shells for the tank. The soflam turns the tank into an insane AA unit!

I had great crack shooting down choppers with a t90 with a teammate spotting for me

Lads when will the DX11 come available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Feel DICE missed a trick with the knifes, would have liked if you could unlocked different knife with the more kills you get. ya it would only be a cosmetic change but still would have been cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

How does someone shoot for the target you've designated (with the SOFLAM) with the javelin or a tank or whatever? If you fire a shot, does it automatically go for that target?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

How does someone shoot for the target you've designated (with the SOFLAM) with the javelin or a tank or whatever? If you fire a shot, does it automatically go for that target?

there's an upgrade for the tank called guided shell which works like a heatseaker, it locks on to other tanks, gives a tone and you fire. Its good to use with the main cannon back and forth to deliver more damage when you set yourself up as a tank hunter.

With soflam a diamond reticle appears over enemy vehicles tagged with the soflam on the tanks hud, if you target it then you get the same squre lock on and tone but now the range is drastically increased and even if you do not have line of sight you can still hit them. It also extends the option of targets to air units like helicopters and jets (which in default the guided shell wont target)

The recon can also drop the soflam in spots and it will automatically target units in its line of sight, so leaving one on top of the tower in the middle of kharg island is very powerful.

Feel DICE missed a trick with the knifes, would have liked if you could unlocked different knife with the more kills you get. ya it would only be a cosmetic change but still would have been cool

Remember in 2142 or BF2 you had dog tags hanging from the knife totally useless but fookin DEADLY LOOKIN! ;)

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    there's an upgrade for the tank called guided shell which works like a heatseaker, it locks on to other tanks, gives a tone and you fire. Its good to use with the main cannon back and forth to deliver more damage when you set yourself up as a tank hunter.

With soflam a diamond reticle appears over enemy vehicles tagged with the soflam on the tanks hud, if you target it then you get the same squre lock on and tone but now the range is drastically increased and even if you do not have line of sight you can still hit them. It also extends the option of targets to air units like helicopters and jets (which in default the guided shell wont target)

The recon can also drop the soflam in spots and it will automatically target units in its line of sight, so leaving one on top of the tower in the middle of kharg island is very powerful.

Does that mean you still have to stick your head out while waitin for ur launcher to lock on even with the soflam?

jebus lads they say stingers are over powered (bs imo) Jets with numerous flares ****ing hell like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Headshot wrote: »
    jebus lads they say stingers are over powered (bs imo) Jets with numerous flares ****ing hell like

Yeah I was locking on and firing off stingers and they were getting diverted by flares the whole time.

Advertisement