Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Good pilots wont fire the flares until the missile is in the air, then you need to 2 engineers firing at the same time.
    Is there an indicator for missile in the air? I usually wait until they fly past so they can't see me :)

I find the best pilots dive behind a mountain on afterburners though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is there an indicator for missile in the air? I usually wait until they fly past so they can't see me :)

I find the best pilots dive behind a mountain on afterburners though.

You hear a rapid beeping when the missile is tracking you..
    Don't fire flares straight away either. Most AA has 2 missiles so wait a bit until there's a good chance he has launched both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

You hear a rapid beeping when the missile is tracking you..
    Don't fire flares straight away either. Most AA has 2 missiles so wait a bit until there's a good chance he has launched both.

true but they lose lock on you when you fire the flares so if you are nervous and launch early focus on getting out of their sight range ASAP aswell.

What set up doe people use for jets

atm if I am going dogfighting I take Air Radar, IR-flares/extinguishers and heatseekers

the flares are map dependent, on a map like kharg island i'll take flares as the AA can get into some pretty devestating positions. While Caspian border its side dependent, the russian AA is more limited then the US one. canals there's really only stingers to worry about and extinguishers counter them fine unless you are unlucky to get a cockpit snipe.

I havnt unlocked laser bombs yet so when i'm bombrunning its proximity warning, IR-flares/extinguishers and rocket pods

I'm still tweaking this but in rush mode with the a-10 it can be useful as you can find mobs of infantry pretty easily and supress the lot with one pass and kill 1-2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

**** man you put far too much taught into this game :D With me I see something I shoot, if its friendly I say sorry!:confused:

BTW, what setup do you use for the jets? My Saitek X52 Pro's are a nightmare to setup far to advanced. I need to get a cheapo joystick

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

What servers do you guys play on? Is there any way to set my back and forward buttons on my Logitech mouse to use in the game?

• Advertisement

i dont know about the logitech but with my rat 3 I just set them to specific keys in the mouse menu and then in BF3 set those keys to prone and fire mode. So now I have prone and firemode on my mouse...

For jets I use my wired 360 controller, though i've been tempted to pick up a joystick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mrdata. wrote: »
    What servers do you guys play on? Is there any way to set my back and forward buttons on my Logitech mouse to use in the game?

Have to click on the MOUSE Option on Controls. People click on wrong panel and it doesnt work.

I had an accuracy of 21% up until 2 days ago. Now its right down to a low 16%, I have been trying like a mad fook to get the flares and the heatseekers for the jets which I got after getting horrid K : D scores but I have them now!

My question is....if firing the machine guns on the jets and choppers like a fool and hitting nothing, this surely MUST affect the accuracy rating as you are firing and hitting nothing.

What do you think?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I had an accuracy of 21% up until 2 days ago. Now I have been trying like a mad fook to get the flares and the heatseekers for the jets which I got after getting horrid K : D scores but I have them now!

My question is....if firing the machine guns on the jets and choppers like a fool and hitting nothing, this surely MUST affect the accuracy rating as you are firing and hitting nothing.

Ya it does. My lowest gun accuracy is 13% but my overall accuracy is 10 percent so the thousands of missed bullets from jets and helicopters must count.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had an accuracy of 21% up until 2 days ago. Now its right down to a low 16%, I have been trying like a mad fook to get the flares and the heatseekers for the jets which I got after getting horrid K : D scores but I have them now!

I don't think it does..I remember in BF2 it didn't.
    What you could do to find out for certain is get your accuracy ratings for all your guns currently unlocked and divide by the number of them.

• Advertisement

No more machine guns in any airbourne vehicle.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Thermal optics with the sensor package on the tank is like the greatest thing ever.

The thermal optics is a bit MEH....works good on the dark maps and is handy for the infantry. But I would not sacrifice it for a better stronger perk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Find it way easier to spot engineers with it, was getting hammered before with them. Miss the zoom alright for tanks battes. Is the shell canister(buckshot) any good?

Dont know yet mate....the guided shell perk is a waste or I am missing something. I wanna get that plate armour that would be well sweet....like that big **** off unit in 2142 that you had to shoot the panels off :D

Have to say its the only thing I hate about the whole game is the vehicles..EVERYTHING HANDLES ****. The tanks drive clunky (yes I am comparing them to BC2) I mean ffs a tank that can fish tail when "BOOSTED" and the heli outside views in Chase all to the side and that just looks and feels so arkward.....and I just cant cant cant warm to this not blowing up of tanks that are on fire for 30mins and hit with 10 RPG's only for some sniper to hope out and shoot you and cap the flag at the same time....its all bollocks.

:eek:

Dont know yet mate....the guided shell perk is a waste or I am missing something.

Its possibly the greatest unlock ever, its a 4 man job tho to use it correctly.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its possibly the greatest unlock ever, its a 4 man job tho to use it correctly.

Well there you go then....TOTAL waste. 4 man job....ffs. You cant even get some ****head to drop an ammo crate in this game for some reason. :D

Try running around with the F2000 and no ammo crates....LMFAO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Find it way easier to spot engineers with it, was getting hammered before with them. Miss the zoom alright for tanks battes. Is the shell canister(buckshot) any good?

Canister shells are unreal! So powerful at killing men. Also well handy for taking out choppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Well there you go then....TOTAL waste. 4 man job....ffs. You cant even get some ****head to drop an ammo crate in this game for some reason. :D

Should squad with me, i'm a ammo crate whore :D

Always on comms with my squad and another so we usually fine for ammo and medics :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

That happens me quite a lot, I ran out of ammo and the support guy on my team just kept turning On/Off the flashlight blinding me as i was trying to deal with a tank. Also nobody seems to mark people or the aircraft over them.

Hopefully MW3 will draw those who don't team play away.:D My PSN is Sciprio if anyone wants to add me on the PS3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I make an effort to drop ammo as much as possible but when I'm laying a minefield an ammo box would be much appreciated especially considering you really need to cluster them to do enough damage. Taking out a fully loaded AMTRAC with a couple of well placed landmines is great fun.

Forcing you pick the repair tool or landmines is a great idea, keeps engineers from being too OP.

The request system doesn't appear to work. In BC2 you hear yourself shout for ammo, nothing appears to happen in BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The AEK-971 is a monster of a gun. Just got a 45-10 with it on Conquest on Seine Crossing. Finished the match with 23000 points altogether. Reviving people like a champ.

Chavways wrote: »
    The AEK-971 is a monster of a gun. Just got a 45-10 with it on Conquest on Seine Crossing. Finished the match with 23000 points altogether. Reviving people like a champ.

Jaysus I am not a fan of that gun at all. In fairness I never gave it a REAL TRY but I love the new PDW its a lovely clean gun and very smoooooth!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads is there to set a gun to have a particular accessory all the time

Its just a bit of annoyance having to change the 3rd accessory which at the beginning of matches is always flash light for god knows why since I never intentionally use it

hmm?

It doesnt do that for me.

Sometimes when I unlock something new some weapons automatically equip it. But usually after I manually adjust it to what I want it stays like that (for a while I was bemused why I couldnt launch flares in my chopper only to discover that the game had automatically given me extinguishers in that slot.) quick change and it doesnt do it anymore.

I do know you need to do it for both sides, so you need to swap over twice once for russians and again for the yanks.

For example I go to the boards server and I see the flash light is in the 3rd slot, I change that and after that change, its grand in that server but when I go to another server the flash light is back

nope doesnt happen to me at all.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    nope doesnt happen to me at all.

Does it happen to you when you finish playing and restart a few hours later?

• Advertisement

Nope it's as I already said. Sometimes when I get a new unlock it will be put in automatically but once I reset it as I want it then it's fine

Advertisement