Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I get it for my pistols...every bloody round it resets the pistol back to the MP443 and I have to switch it in every case....annoying as hell but I can live with it..
    What I do hate is the bug where you go to respawn and your mouse won't work.
    Outside of the game it works fine but no way can I click any button inside it. Have to quit and restart..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It was driving me mad last night when it kept switching to the m240b config instead of the m249 at the start of a round. Better not happen with the m60.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads is there to set a gun to have a particular accessory all the time

Its just a bit of annoyance having to change the 3rd accessory which at the beginning of matches is always flash light for god knows why since I never intentionally use it

It happens to me sometimes, usually with tank gear. Do you do a clean exit; by pressing quit or alt + F4 as I think thats what was doing it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads is there to set a gun to have a particular accessory all the time

Its just a bit of annoyance having to change the 3rd accessory which at the beginning of matches is always flash light for god knows why since I never intentionally use it

Its just the loadout thing failing badly.

Nearly every day I have to set my soldiers up again. Just like BC2...

Few good games last night with Wonda / Cherryghost / Headshot and a few others.

Good craic :) though everywhere I turned Cherry seemed to be waiting for me. Grr.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, Dubs its great having the craic.....we could be playing PACMAN but once you have a few heads giving you abuse and getting ribbed its ****in great fun.

That bit with you in the sea and headshot trying to kill you with a chopper and FAILS BIGTIME and he ends up in the sea was so funny :D

Again, the helis and jets are a waste of time IMHO. Unless you are on a noob server like us messing then its good fun....but does nothing for your K : D or accuracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah, Dubs its great having the craic.....we could be playing PACMAN but once you have a few heads giving you abuse and getting ribbed its ****in great fun.

That bit with you in the sea and headshot trying to kill you with a chopper and FAILS BIGTIME and he ends up in the sea was so funny :D

Again, the helis and jets are a waste of time IMHO. Unless you are on a noob server like us messing then its good fun....but does nothing for your K : D or accuracy.

Heli's and jets are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Loving BF3. I am nearly as addicted as BF2 :)

al28283 wrote: »
    Heli's and jets are excellent

How...they are fun for a doss but as an actual mechanics of the game they are totally useless. The odds are overwhelmingly against you. Infantry and every vehicle, enemy choppers and jets. And all you have is one set of flares!!!!

At least in the jet all you really have to worry about is other jets....you have the speed and stealth to be able to escape anything on the ground unless you are caught "LOW AND SLOW".

Pure waste....put it this way. Take off in a chopper on anything higher then a 24 player server and you last about 2mins.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Was watching my mate use choppers the other night. He's class in them and really helps the team by taking out tanks, choppers n jets. Also caps bases. Since then I've been trying to use them a lot, getting a few kills here and there but finding them tough at times. I wouldn't say their a waste but they are deffo not as useful as infantry or tanks/Ifv's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone else having trouble with stuttering on PC? I haven't even gotten into the multiplayer yet but after about three minutes in the single player my game goes to a crawl. Unplayable. Turning around sometimes causes the game to stutter, but the stuttering is happening on Ultra settings, as well as medium too.
    It starts off really smooth, almost no stuttering and then it turns into a slideshow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

How...they are fun for a doss but as an actual mechanics of the game they are totally useless. The odds are overwhelmingly against you. Infantry and every vehicle, enemy choppers and jets. And all you have is one set of flares!!!!

At least in the jet all you really have to worry about is other jets....you have the speed and stealth to be able to escape anything on the ground unless you are caught "LOW AND SLOW".

Pure waste....put it this way. Take off in a chopper on anything higher then a 24 player server and you last about 2mins.....

Personally glad that is the case, nothing worse the choppers dominating the game like in BC2 sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Not if you can actually fly the chopper. They're excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I think it would be better if they made the chopper and jets more powerful but restricted their availability, maybe only spawning after a team accumulates a certain amount of points. It would mean Choppers/Jets would have an impact on the game but would not be allowed to dominate, and taking down a Jet/Chopper would deny the enemy a valuable resource until they could earn another one. As it is they just feel superfluous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I got an invite to go stat padding last night, some server with admin present was letting people plant/diffuse the bomb sites repeatedly.

If anyone remembers BF2 they will probably remember the mass bannings that occurred over stat padding.

sink wrote: »
    I think it would be better if they made the chopper and jets more powerful but restricted their availability, maybe only spawning after a team accumulates a certain amount of points. It would mean Choppers/Jets would have an impact on the game but would not be allowed to dominate, and taking down a Jet/Chopper would deny the enemy a valuable resource until they could earn another one. As it is they just feel superfluous.

Yeah, that sounds good.

I am loving Engineer, Support and Assault classes but Recon isn't doing it for me (loved it on the Beta but guns are underpowered* now).

I think Recon needs a cool weapon from afar like the mortar or something to jazz it up?

*i shot a guy 4 times in the back from around 30 feet with the MOD and he turned around and killed me. Would be 2 shots in earlier games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sink wrote: »

It goes against the philosophy of Dice to allow choice at all times.

personally though i'd say the problem with choppers/jets/tanks is that they need to be balanced as an element that works with the infantry (case in point tanks are made weaker cause players can jump out of them and repair them and jump back in etc) when really if the developers (and honestly this only applies to the PC version) actually took their battlelog premise and used its full potential allowing players to launch a game with a specific role in mind:

What I mean is instead of having 32 vs 32 and vehicle spawning its 24 vs 24 infantry only then its 4 v 4 aircraft only (Jets) and 4 v 4 (ground support) and then they can open it up to having different types of vehicles filling in as vehicle classes

jets could be divided into ground support (spawn as A-10 etc) Fighter (spawn as F-22) or air superiority (spawn as F-18) Helicopters (scout and assault)

meanwhile ground support you'll have MBT (t-90, leopard 2 abram etc) IFV, AA or Artillary.

They would work like the classess (with their own unlocks and new vehicles acting like new guns) and also have their limitations.

Because they are now a whole new side essentially their balance could be mostly handled by how the opposing tank player for example acts and they can go more whole hog in their design and performance.

They could also limit some of the more potentially powerful units like assault helicopters by enforcing that two players need to be in them for it to spawn.

Battlelog comes into this by firstly allowing quick overview of what each server needs (free tank slots, free jet slots, free infantry slot) but also when booting the game because it boots just that individual match it can be tweaked to suit the role you are filling. Joining the game as a jet pilot the game boots with the skybox raised and the details on infantry etc tuned down and with much more map space. Spawn as infantry smaller mapbox but more detail on the ground less detail on the jets (only interaction will be behind a stinger scope) this is just to help the game with the demands of each role. Especially if you allow jets and tanks to have more room to give them genuine range and abilities.

Course infantry being exclusive now can get more authentic AT weapon abilities and the squad leader can get some more power by being the link between infantry and the air/tank players (infantry spot for other infantry but the squad leader spots for all?)

sorrry for that random offshoot but its been burning in my mind since the beta and I was first shown battlelog, its potential has been screaming this at me for weeks now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I played in a 64 man server a few nights back. Was in a chopper for more than half an hour. I had one of the best pilots in Ireland in the driving seat though. Was absolutely epic. He avoided all but one lock-on missile, and even at that we landed the Heli in the enemy's spawn area, quickly repaired and hopped back in.

Seriously, if you got the skills (and joystick), you're a deadly force to be reckoned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Choppers are a beast in this game if your a good driver

Now amount of times iv locked on but the ***** get behind a mountain to avoid it

the choppers and jets are to powerful imo. Regenerating flares takes the piss too

actually they are only powerful because the vast majority of players are idiots and dont know the following

soflam's bypass flares

yes those ECM jammers that nobody cares about is to block soflams etc and if you had one recon player with a soflam it would mean that all jets etc are at the mercy of being royally screwed unless they start carrying them.

the only thing I havnt worked out cause I have not yet run into many soflam users is if the warning messages are different so you know its a soflam attack or a heatseaking attack.

• Advertisement

a useful guide to the soflam

Iv been way to preoccupied with trying to get Engineer going (its talking for ever to get the last unlock too) that iv ignored other classes

Id love to get going with that soflam

or you can team up with me later and you go javalin and i'll go soflam and we'll kick ass for the lord!

war machines :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Angry Joe`s review is up, deducts points for single player but tbh a veteran BF player doesnt give a flying fcuk about single player, i know i dont, i doubt ill ever bother with it.
    I bought the game for multiplayer,to me its the best MP fps out there.
    Joe does decent reviews tbh and this one is no different apart from his issues with single player.

one more soflam video. for those who have yet to see a tank shooting tank choppers with ease:

angry joe is really hit or miss with me. He pushes the angry stick too much for my liking. Though when he plays his character in guest appearances on other shows (like the suburban knights etc) he can be quite funny.

But at least with his reviews you can easily get where is he coming from and know if his tastes match your own.

But his review here is pretty good surprising.

but if you are missing it, most of it is actually him ripping into the really bad review bennett the sage did here: http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/10/sage-reviews-battlefield-3/

Just going through the support kit for the laugh now....want to get the mortar to see if its any use. But I got the claymore mines and its soooooo funny getting people from across the map.

Only thing is, they vanish if you die unlike the mines....but I stand to be corrected on that.

Just going through the support kit for the laugh now....want to get the mortar to see if its any use. But I got the claymore mines and its soooooo funny getting people from across the map.

Only thing is, they vanish if you die unlike the mines....but I stand to be corrected on that.

Support class rocks because of C4 and Claymores. Mortars are good too.

Unfortunately the claymores die when you did and you can only leave 2 active mines down. I have around 35 kills already with claymores cos I love them!

It can be funny when you lay one down and someone kills you but in the time you are looking at the kill cam they walk over the mine and die themselves.. ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

mozattack wrote: »
    Support class rocks because of C4 and Claymores. Mortars are good too.

Unfortunately the claymores die when you did and you can only leave 2 active mines down. I have around 35 kills already with claymores cos I love them!

It can be funny when you lay one down and someone kills you but in the time you are looking at the kill cam they walk over the mine and die themselves.. ha ha

I have had no luck with claymores i love the C4 though got allot of kills on tanks with C4

Advertisement