Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just going through the support kit for the laugh now....want to get the mortar to see if its any use. But I got the claymore mines and its soooooo funny getting people from across the map.

Only thing is, they vanish if you die unlike the mines....but I stand to be corrected on that.

Mortars great for campers but meh otherwise, btw be careful as you'll show up on the minimap by using it.

Don't bother with claymores, far too easy to knock out, any explosion in the mines area and they go off. C4 is where it's at.

Try and get the suppressor, grip and ir site for the m249, not great long range but absolutely lethal close range. You ake out groups of 4-5 on a regular basis. M249 seems to be the best of the guns, very little kick, m60 is nice, bigger bulltets but handles like a jackhammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Mortars great for campers but meh otherwise, btw be careful as you'll show up on the minimap by using it.

Don't bother with claymores, far too easy to knock out, any explosion in the mines area and they go off. C4 is where it's at.

Try and get the suppressor, grip and ir site for the m249, not great long range but absolutely lethal close range. You ake out groups of 4-5 on a regular basis. M249 seems to be the best of the guns, very little kick, m60 is nice, bigger bulltets but handles like a jackhammer.

I love the M240 i find that brilliant but maybe i have not played with the M249 too much the M60 is a pain to grind on i do like the M27 though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

jeawan wrote: »
    I love the M240 i find that brilliant but maybe i have not played with the M249 too much the M60 is a pain to grind on i do like the M27 though

Type 88 all the way. 200 round mag, it just keeps going and going and going.

Seriously I once suppressed like 6/7 guys for a good 60 seconds by firing out a window with this thing. If you fire in burst its also quite good at range.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

New beta driver out for Nvidia

New in Version 285.79

Includes several bug fixes and performance improvements for Battlefield 3.
    Fixes cases of irregular performance (stuttering) primarily seen on DirectX 10 GPUs. The fix improves the performance of both DX10 and DX11 GPUs.
    Fixes shadow map corruption seen with DirectX 10 GPUs.
    Fixes cases of black corruption lines/triangles with DirectX 10 GPUs.
    Fixes black screen during playback using Windows Media Center.
    Added or updated SLI profiles for the following games:
    Aion v3.0
    Anno 2070
    Assassins Creed: Revelations
    Bastion
    Need for Speed: The Run
    Payday: The Heist
    The Adventures of Tintin
    The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
    Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
    Airline Tycoon 2 – rated Fair
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations – rated Good
    Batman: Arkham City – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution – rated Excellent
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – rated Excellent
    FIFA 12 – rated Good
    Hard Reset – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
    inMomentum – rated Fair
    The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    Smash Cars – rated Fair
    Two Worlds 2: Castle Defense – rated Good
    Zombie Driver – rated Excellent
    Other Details

Includes HD Audio driver 1.2.24.0.
    Includes PhysX System Software 9.11.11.07.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Where are you getting this info? Just went to update my gtx570, win 7 64b and its still on .62

• Advertisement

omerin wrote: »
    Where are you getting this info? Just went to update my gtx570, win 7 64b and its still on .62

iv made a thread on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I tell ya this lads, I nearly had a ****in heart attack last night playing with a few mentally challenged from here....it was so funny. Then last night Twister, dubs and myself at 2:30am decided to all try and get the shotgun ribbon (never use them)

What resulted was the three of us running around in a figure of eight motion just constantly spraying and paying and ending up all in the top 3 on our side and getting the shotgun ribbon 3 times in the one round. But the banter and craic on TS was side splitting. If I recorded TS last night I would have....you are one funny **** wannaplaytwister.

Had a terrible night last night playing overall could not hit a thing so gonna take a break tonight and pretend that I want a nice night in with the GF :D get me some brownin points. :o

so gonna take a break tonight and pretend that I want a nice night in with the GF :D get me some brownin points. :o

10,000 noobs breathe a sigh of relief.

Have you not unlocked the m60 and camped in the corner yet! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Had a terrible night last night playing overall could not hit a thing so gonna take a break tonight and pretend that I want a nice night in with the GF :D get me some brownin points. :o

BrowningM2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I was just looking at the unlocks for the Tank and the final unlock is called the CITV station. It works like a tanks own personal SOFLAM to lock on guided shells, it requires a third person in the tank to operate it. With this upgrade a squad of 3 operating as a tank crew will rape all other vehicles, land and air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

sink wrote: »
    I was just looking at the unlocks for the Tank and the final unlock is called the CITV station. It works like a tanks own personal SOFLAM to lock on guided shells, it requires a third person in the tank to operate it. With this upgrade a squad of 3 operating as a tank crew will rape all other vehicles, land and air.

Not if you're better than them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Ive just played 4 quick matches in a row and I got disconnected from each server each time when using the Mortar (which I just unlocked).

Anyone else have this happen to them?

There was absolutely no mention of them not being allowed,
    could it just have been a coincidence?

sink wrote: »

I have it and believe me not many peeps can bother THEIR ARSES getting into the tank. Even when you drive around the map your tank is a different shape and has the CITV on it so everyone knows......I only unlocked it coz I taught it was "Childrens ITV" in the tank!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

waveform wrote: »
    Ive just played 4 quick matches in a row and I got disconnected from each server each time when using the Mortar (which I just unlocked).

Anyone else have this happen to them?

There was absolutely no mention of them not being allowed,
    could it just have been a coincidence?

Dont lose sleep over it, they are USELESS!

I wish they were

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

They are brilliant, been using it quite a it in the last couple of days.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There are lots of places where people like to camp that they are great for bombarding.
    The rocks to the left when attacking the first set of MCOMS in Op Metro for example.
    You can also use them on Seine Crossing to rain down masonry on people for cheap kills.

I've taken many a tank out with it so far ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I liked it at first but now I find the mortar is best for taking out people using the mortar :pac:

How many kills do you need to unlock the smoke rounds?

• Advertisement

M60 is the way to go for support, suppressor, ir sight and grip hold, its lethal short to medium range, i was taking out whole squads with it tonight. F2000 is about the only gun that will out shoot it close range.

THERE YOU GO AGAIN WITH THE M60......:rolleyes:

i know fingers crossed bf4's m60 has a grenade launcher attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

M60 is the way to go for support, suppressor, ir sight and grip hold, its lethal short to medium range, i was taking out whole squads with it tonight. F2000 is about the only gun that will out shoot it close range.

Find the m60 too clunky compared to the trusty m249

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

KilOit wrote: »
    Find the m60 too clunky compared to the trusty m249

But nothing beats m60s daga daga daga daga sound! ;)

screw that f2000 is the way to go, bloody hell got 3 nemesis badges in 1 round with it last night.

PDW is also pretty sweet....F2000 is nice but very poor medium to long range do to the high rate of fire. Make sure you equip extended mag with it or you spend the round reloading :mad:

screw that f2000 is the way to go, bloody hell got 3 nemesis badges in 1 round with it last night.

This was the main weapon I was getting taken out with yesterday!

Which class is it unlocked to?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Assault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i love and hate f2000

love - its the best freaking weapon out there. ( all classes )

hate - I newer use other weapons anymore.

need some more balance with weapons. f2000 is clearly way to OP. nerf stick please!

Advertisement