Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is the reactive armor any good for the tanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone else get this today? Only happening on TIG server.

No weapon names just weird crap coming up.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/bf3%202011-11-13%2021-38-35-83.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Assault.
    Was thinking that,
    as it's the one class I have neglected all along.

Support is my first choice, and next to that it's the engineer class.

The only thing I use recon is for setting up a spawn becon near an objective.

Felt like James Bond last night while playing Rush in Kharg Island.

The last M-Con station was in the Warehouse, and was being heavily defended.

I put a spawn beacon behind a rock near it....
    and the Next time I spawned, I parachuted onto the roof, barely making it,
    Ran over to the windows and started taking guys out down below.

Jumped down to the bottom setting the charge on the M-Con, and also some C4 near it, while I hid, proned in the corner.

There was a tank shelling the walls to my side,
    and also Air support bombing above me.

The debri from the blasts, fell on top of me bringing my health down,
    but it also may have blocked me from view, as I could crawl through it.

Next 2 enemy soldiers ran in so I set off the C4, and took another 2 out with the machine gun.

And the station was blown up.

This was definitely a high point in the game for me, and there have been many a low point! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The F2000 is not too overpowered....it is mental up close but severly lacking med to long range. The PDW and the P90 are just as lethal up close.....

I prefer the AEK-91 loaded and the M4A1 anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The F2000 is not too overpowered....it is mental up close but severly lacking med to long range. The PDW and the P90 are just as lethal up close.....

I prefer the AEK-91 loaded and the M4A1 anyday.

There's enough cover around though to counter-act the medium\long range and most encounters are shortish to medium. Tried the good old an-94 but had to give up as i got massacred up close. Felt there was a lot more long range shooting in BC2. Still reckon the F2000 will be nerfed in the patch.

I like the pdw, but i'm realoading 90% of the time, does the p90 have an ass load of rounds like in other games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I love this game so much.
    I had issue with the aiming at first so much so that I had a negative k/d of .85 and a SPM of 170. It was really bothering me because I thought I was decent at BC2.
    In the last two weeks I have either got used to the aiming or it has been fixed (can’t describe how it was bad, just was). Now after around 2 weeks I have a k/d of 1.05/1 and a SPM of 220 – okay not brilliant but to get there from the position I was shows some improvement.
    I am loving Seine Crossing on Rush playing as Support. Last night I was at 1 stage 12-0 using my JAR (the first gun under Support) and Claymores. No one could come up and get me cos of Claymores and I used to waste them out the window. Some fun. So far I have over 50 kills with Claymores but seem to recall only dying once from them – it’s a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Got the best RPG kill yesterday!

Was on Nosehair* Canals, and the US were stuck on their ship. I was on the docks, and spotted a sniper in the bay underneath the boat, presumably near the door into where the landing craft are.

Took out RPG, aimed a good half-a-boat height above the carrier, fired and....... boom, headshot :D:D:D:D

Got to be the furthest I've killed anyone with a rocket by a LONG way. I'd say he was screaming like crazy at the screen! (he was trying to shoot me at the time with the sniper rifle).

It was feckin hilarious, had Wonda_Boy in stitches!

*I assume that's how its pronounced lol

Ha reminds me i Killed a faroff engineer the other night stayed in aim mode moved a bit forward, had another person in my sights and then the engies rpg connected with me about a second later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

See EA has banned a lot of cheaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

KeithAFC wrote: »

Good!

I think they should go as far as banning their EA master account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

KeithAFC wrote: »

Most bf2 people would have run into this nasty piece of work http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/BumbIeBee_AA_2/

Seen him on a couple of bf3 servers but nice to see his account reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My first time snipping today, nothing beats a kill across the map tbh

I think they only way to play snipping is in the hardscore mode and even then its not one shot kill but maybe that changes with better unlocked snipping guns ?

Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Headshot wrote: »

I think they only way to play snipping is in the hardscore mode and even then its not one shot kill but maybe that changes with better unlocked snipping guns ?

Does anyone know?

It does change, max and jigsaw having a game of longest head shot its at 782 atm

I know this from their giggling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Does anyone know?
    Nope all Sniper rifles are at best 2 shots if not head. Bolt actions are only lethal center mass to a range of 130m

KilOit wrote: »
    Find the m60 too clunky compared to the trusty m249

After last night, i totally agree with you, m60 up very close deadly, otherwise it has nothing on the 249.

C4 watch where you place, placed 3 on the front of a tank, yelled haha down the TS clicked and then got a shell in the face, tank blew up about a second later after they exited. 3 on the side or back, boom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

After last night, i totally agree with you, m60 up very close deadly, otherwise it has nothing on the 249.

C4 watch where you place, placed 3 on the front of a tank, yelled haha down the TS clicked and then got a shell in the face, tank blew up about a second later after they exited. 3 on the side or back, boom!!!

Under the impression 3 on the front blew it aswell, difference is only 1% front or back when placing 2. Never put it on the front anyway, only nutter runs in front of a tank

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

KilOit wrote: »
    Under the impression 3 on the front blew it aswell, difference is only 1% front or back when placing 2. Never put it on the front anyway, only nutter runs in front of a tank
    This is sparta!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

C4 watch where you place, placed 3 on the front of a tank, yelled haha down the TS clicked and then got a shell in the face, tank blew up about a second later after they exited.
    Yes, that was me in the tank...thought I got away with it too! That was Kharg Island, ya?

Yeah down by c, i was practically dancing as i clicked and was gutted when on vehicle disable showed up.

Tank was stationary at the flag and the turrets pointing the other way so front was the safest. i too was under the same impression with the front, thought c4 was equal damage side, front back etc. Took out 2 more tanks later in the rounds in about 5 secs, 3 side and 2 back on the other.

TBH, the way the game is I stick the all the C4 on it I can. I would nearly re-arm myself and stick another 4 on!

• Advertisement

TBH, the way the game is I stick the all the C4 on it I can. I would nearly re-arm myself and stick another 4 on!

But think of the poor people with no C4.

I think sniping is brilliant on BF3, perfect even.

I played as Recon last night with the MK11 MOD and x8 scope and attacking Kharg Island and caused serious issues. Yes it is no longer 1 shot kill but that is more realistic and balanced because when playing Recon on these maps it is very difficult for the enemy to see you in some spaces – the killcam doesn’t give away your position as well as BC2 due to the amount of detail in the maps.

Anyway only head shots should be rewarded with an immediate kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

mozattack wrote: »
    I think sniping is brilliant on BF3, perfect even.

I played as Recon last night with the MK11 MOD and x8 scope and attacking Kharg Island and caused serious issues. Yes it is no longer 1 shot kill but that is more realistic and balanced because when playing Recon on these maps it is very difficult for the enemy to see you in some spaces – the killcam doesn’t give away your position as well as BC2 due to the amount of detail in the maps.

Anyway only head shots should be rewarded with an immediate kill.
    Not true, I understand arms and legs, hell even stomach, but generally if you get shot in the heart/lungs by a high velocity .752 round (and by generally I mean always) you will die. Also it's not hard to spot recon players with the massive sun that reflects off the scopes! It's like having a bloody tac light on yer gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Also it's not hard to spot recon players with the massive sun that reflects off the scopes! It's like having a bloody tac light on yer gun!
    Do they blind you too? :D

Arawn wrote: »
    Not true, I understand arms and legs, hell even stomach, but generally if you get shot in the heart/lungs by a high velocity .752 round (and by generally I mean always) you will die. Also it's not hard to spot recon players with the massive sun that reflects off the scopes! It's like having a bloody tac light on yer gun!

So you want this to be super realistic meanwhile back at the HQ tanks are healing themselves and vodniks can withstand 2 RPGs and still machine gun stuff for dinner:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Arawn wrote: »

I assume you mean 7.62 ;)

a .752 round would be 50% bigger than a .50 cal round lol

And a .50 cal round will literally blow your entire leg clean off, or put a 10 inch hole in your chest. No matter where you hit someone with a .50 cal, its a 1 shot kill from the trauma.

50-cal.jpg

So you want this to be super realistic meanwhile back at the HQ tanks are healing themselves and vodniks can withstand 2 RPGs and still machine gun stuff for dinner:rolleyes:

That auto-healing really annoys me, thats one of the first things we disabled on craggy. Did you see the last tank\ifv\aa unlock?; reactive armour, basically if you equip it the tanks explodes and you survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I think some of the posts here need to be relocated to the Arma 2 thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Does anyone know?

If your not getting one shot kills with a sniper rifle you must not be getting headshots. Now go change your username :p

• Advertisement

I assume you mean 7.62 ;)

a .752 round would be 50% bigger than a .50 cal round lol

And a .50 cal round will literally blow your entire leg clean off, or put a 10 inch hole in your chest. No matter where you hit someone with a .50 cal, its a 1 shot kill from the trauma.

50-cal.jpg

Is that a bullet for a sniper rifle?

Advertisement