Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 to be revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

This might seem like a silly question but I'm not sure, I've just got BF3 today but was wondering is the online pass linked to my PS3 or to the disk itself?, so if I traded it in and bought it again at a later date would I need to get another online pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

mozattack wrote: »
    Is that a bullet for a sniper rifle?

It's a .50 cal originally used in the the Browning Machine Gun (BMG) but later adopted for use in sniper rifles such as the M82.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont know if its just me but "Craggy Server" is laggy for me. Not really badly but noticeable....unlike other servers.

Anyone else get this....is it because of the server setting maybe? Like non regen. health? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I love how regen health is turned off on Craggy island. That should be the default setting on all the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I love how regen health is turned off on Craggy island. That should be the default setting on all the servers.

same here and also killcam...I hate playing in servers with killcam.
    Of course you have some guys running around like headless chickens with no idea what a medic pack etc ..I hate those fúckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I find shooting people who blind you with an RPG lets them know that you don't like being blinded. Of course, being on your own team, they don't die, but that may change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

the_syco wrote: »
    I find shooting people who blind you with an RPG lets them know that you don't like being blinded. Of course, being on your own team, they don't die, but that may change.

Solely dependent on wether or nor Friendly Fire is turned on in the server options.

And if you do it more than once, you'll be kicked faster than you can say "RPG"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Shouldn't tactical lights be switched off by default? That would probably eliminate a lot of the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Not sure where else to put it (or if it's already been posted), but one of the gameplay designers has posted an IAmA over on Reddit which, thus far, has been a pretty interesting read.

waveform wrote: »
    Solely dependent on wether or nor Friendly Fire is turned on in the server options.

And if you do it more than once, you'll be kicked faster than you can say "RPG"
    Meh. When I get blinded, I die. People who blind me are usually the enemy. Thus, I'll shoot anyone who blinds me. Now, if someone from my own team continuously blinds me, I'll just shoot them to prevent them doing so. I think the use of flashlights will quickly decrease when this starts to happen.

• Advertisement

Tactical lights are just purely cosmetic IMHO....they serve NO FUNCTION whatsoever. They do more harm then good and thats fact....

They give away position when using them, they blind both friend and foe. In the next patch they should not nerf them just have them that they dont shine on friendlies, same with lasers. I applaude the use of them as it shows EA/Dice were looking for something new and they are nice looking in the game but if someone (enemy) shines it in your face aim smack bang in the middle of the bright light and shoot!!! Coz 9 outta 10 times the enemy die.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I remember I was playing against you wonda and we were on Caspian and you were going for the gas station and hiding in the ticket booth there and only for me seeing the laser I wouldnt have got ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

the_syco wrote: »
    Meh. When I get blinded, I die. People who blind me are usually the enemy. Thus, I'll shoot anyone who blinds me. Now, if someone from my own team continuously blinds me, I'll just shoot them to prevent them doing so. I think the use of flashlights will quickly decrease when this starts to happen.

I still don't think it's worth the risk of being banned from a server you like, there are other ways of dealing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

My joystick has arrived! Sweet - I've been mostly avoiding planes and choppers so far - tried it with the mouse - not a chance. Enjoyed many hours flying in BF2. Hope this will be the same.......Tonight...I fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Which Joystick did you get? I'm trying to find a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro..but they're outta stock on the Logitech website..(i've a 15% off code from meteorgoodiebag)..and they're ridiculously over priced on dabs and pixmania! hmms..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone having major issues joining a game on PS3? This has nothing to do with the PSN maintenance tonight, have been having this problem for the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone having major issues joining a game on PS3? This has nothing to do with the PSN maintenance tonight, have been having this problem for the last week.

Lost connection in two of three games last night, including one where I was doing well on Nosehair Canals.

waveform wrote: »
    Wonder is there a server option to turn off the flashlights?

Headshot wrote: »
    I remember I was playing against you wonda and we were on Caspian and you were going for the gas station and hiding in the ticket booth there and only for me seeing the laser I wouldnt have got ya :D

Have to say I am a SUCKA for the laser....I like firing from the hip to get the bonus points. But I learn....I learn. I press the T button more then I do the mouse now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Which Joystick did you get? I'm trying to find a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro..but they're outta stock on the Logitech website..(i've a 15% off code from meteorgoodiebag)..and they're ridiculously over priced on dabs and pixmania! hmms..

That's the one I got!

Got it off amazon for $25 (I'm currently in the US)

I have one at home, but never brought it with me. Worked perfectly with BF2.

Just home from work now, so about to fire it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Anybody using a joypad for flying on PC?
    How's it working out?

Found an exploit last night....was on Caspian border with only about 10 on and some dude was messing with an MAV. It was on the ground so I tried to jump on it....low and behold I stayed on it and I was going from the B flag to the C flag back and forth like some kinda "JEDI KNIGHT"

Could be very useful in the right hands or squad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Found an exploit last night....was on Caspian border with only about 10 on and some dude was messing with an MAV. It was on the ground so I tried to jump on it....low and behold I stayed on it and I was going from the B flag to the C flag back and forth like some kinda "JEDI KNIGHT"

Could be very useful in the right hands or squad

You're many weeks late on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Yeah seen few vids already on it, same **** with bc2 UAV

Spear wrote: »
    You're many weeks late on that one.

Maybe coz I dont exploit....or look for the vids. Will have to trawl the net for similar vids so......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Anybody using a joypad for flying on PC?
    How's it working out?

Using a wireless 360 controller and it's mostly grand. I use shoulder bumpers for yaw, left stick for pitch and roll. I want to use the right stick for freelook but it's gimped with super low sensitivity and the need to hold another button down. Hopefully they fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone use the "Heavy Barrell" in their loadout?

Also what does the "Underslung Rail" do? I don't select that yet I can still choose the M320 in my Assault loadout - confused?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Also what does the "Underslung Rail" do? I don't select that yet I can still choose the M320 in my Assault loadout - confused?
    Heavy barrel doesn't seem to do all that much for me,to be honest I wouldn't notice if I had it equipped or not,I'll pick a silencer over it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Heavy barrell dunno really neaver really bothered with it, usually go with the suppressor or extended mag. Unslung rail basically allows you to attach the add-on to your gun, its handier to aim with add-on attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The underslug rail just allows under barrel weapons to be attached directly to the gun, which means quicker "loading" times.

Advertisement