Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of furniture in Limerick City

• 10-01-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hey all I'm getting a new suite of furniture delivered on Sat and I can't seem to find anywhere to get rid of my old suite anyone know of anywhere it can be dumped.

I emailed the SVP to see if they wud be interested in taking it but never heard back from them.

I'm thinking i mite just ring one of those companies that advertise in the post to come and take it away on Sat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Put an add up on adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I know someone looking for an old suite of furniture. Could you upload a few pics. or a link to pics.
    I could collect in my truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Ring SVDP and they will take it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 amc156

You should try to put it up on Jumbletown.ie, a site where you can advertise stuff which is free to take away. I've gotten rid of numerous bits of furniture (that I considered rubbish) through this site.

Generally, things are snapped up really quickly once you upload a photo and everyone who has come to collect my unwanted chairs/headboards/matresses etc. has been so grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There's a charity shop called Smart Choice on William street which takes furniture for its downstairs section.

You may have to bring it to them though, I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,837 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Chances are if you ring up a "man with a van" type operation who advertise dump runs, that they won't have a valid waste collection permit which is required for such jobs and there's also a chance you might see your suite of furniture dumped at the side of a back road somewhere too :( If you're looking to pay somebody to take it away, make sure they have a collection permit.

Your best bet would be to try sites like Jumbletown.ie, if it's any way decent and not in complete tatters, you should get a taker fairly fast! Take a photo to avoid time wasters etc. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Freecycle.net is another one in limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Stick a for sale sign on it, 50 euro and leave it outside your home. Go out for the day.
    Will magically be gone when you get back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dmurphy1

could you post a few pictures, I might be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dmurphy1

can you stick up a few photo's. I might be interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Thanks for all the suggestions. The couch is a few yrs old with a small bit of damage to it so all i really want to do is get rid of it. Anyone who is interested can pm me and i will provide you with any details that ye want.

Hey all thanks a mill for your help and suggestions. i used jumbletown and someone is coming to get the couch 2mrw, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joejoexxxx

hey have u still got that couch i just moved into my new apartment and could badly do with one

Sorry got rid of it last year. Did u try Jumbletown?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread from January 2011. Time to close it, methinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement