Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco EPC2425 from ntl keeps dropping wireless

Options
  • 10-01-2011 11:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

in the past week or two our ntl modem/router thing has started acting up in a big way. every 20-30 minutes it just stalls for anywhere between 10-70/80 seconds. the internet doesn't disconnect, because I when it resumes I get a sudden flood of data from my irc window. it used to do this rarely enough but recently, especially the last day or two it has becoming more and more frequent. just a couple of minutes ago i was playing a game fine and all of a sudden the lag just spiked incredibly, until eventually it dropped me altogether.. i can't even connect wirelessly to the router while all this is going on.

does this sound familiar to anyone? has our modem just all of a sudden decided to crap out, ordoes anyone have any idea what might be going on? it's happening to all 3 computers in the house so im pretty sure it's not a hardware issue on our end

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

does this sound familiar to anyone? has our modem just all of a sudden decided to crap out, ordoes anyone have any idea what might be going on? it's happening to all 3 computers in the house so im pretty sure it's not a hardware issue on our end

Could be interference on the same Wifi channel. If you have the software (Kismet, InSSIder, Netsstumbler) you could check around and see who else is on the same channel, and change accordingly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aye, i changed the chanel after I made that post.. no issues so far, fingers crossed anyway

if it starts happening again ill get some of those programs, thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i thought the channels had helped, but it dropped again a minute ago :?

netstumber says my device is unsupported too :/
    might just ring ntl in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

i thought the channels had helped, but it dropped again a minute ago :?

netstumber says my device is unsupported too :/
    might just ring ntl in the morning

They're not great wireless routers but it'd still help if you could run Netstumbler or inSSIDer on any machine (make sure you select the wireless card when scanning) to get an idea if wireless interference might be a contributing factor.

Advertisement