Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which doctors can i use for my visas medical

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

iam applying for a 176 visa and i need to get a medical and an x-ray done. do i just go to my GP for the medical and book an appointment with a hospital for an x-ray or is there a list of doctors and radiologists that i have to choose from?

if there is could someone put up a link for it please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Details are on the application form.

Details also on the the main DIAC 176 information page.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-health.htm and follow the links

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

sponge_bob wrote: »
    you're damned lazy sponge_bob, but since you asked nicely: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/i/republic-of-ireland/panel-doctors.htm, i'll take my fun from knowing there are 2 places in the country you can get it done! :P sucks donkey balls if you don't live near one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

iam applying for a 176 visa and i need to get a medical and an x-ray done. do i just go to my GP for the medical and book an appointment with a hospital for an x-ray or is there a list of doctors and radiologists that i have to choose from?

You used to be able to go to several doctors all over the country but they have stopped that now, you must go to the mater private in dublin now for the x-ray and medical. There is a clinic on the top floor specifically for australian visa medicals (thats all they do), call the mater and they will put you through.
    We went a few years ago to a doctor near us but when we had to get a medical done for our daughter last year we rang this doctor only for them to tell us that they had been dumped by IMMI and you have to go to the mater now. They were rather peeved off about it, I'd say it was a nice little side earner for them. It was a couple of hundred euro for 3 of us 4 years ago but for my daughter it was only 60 I think as she didn't have to get an x-ray.
    Good luck.

man1 wrote: »
    They were rather peeved off about it, I'd say it was a nice little side earner for them.
    €300 for my personal groping session last year in the matter. They were lovely though, very professional and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

you're damned lazy sponge_bob, but since you asked nicely: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/i/republic-of-ireland/panel-doctors.htm, i'll take my fun from knowing there are 2 places in the country you can get it done! :P sucks donkey balls if you don't live near one of them!

lol:D

i had a look around for the list but couldn't find it, tbh i was amazed that they didn't have a link in the application form that brings you straight to the page with the list of doctors. anyhow being from dungarvan i will use the crowd in cork.

thanks for the replys guys

p.s.
    wollymammoth don't go anywhere you are a ball of usefull information and titbits;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

hey Spongebob, I used the Dr. in Cork in March, they were really friendly to deal with and we were done (2 adults, 2 kiddies) in about an hour. They are near Douglas. We then had to go into the city centre to get the x-rays done in Euromedics, they told us the wrong price when we called to book so double check with them, I can't remember the exact amout but it was the bones of €300 for the xrays for the adults and the courier costs. If you are working you can claim back a portion of the cost from the revenue so make sure you get and keep a receipt from both of them. :)

p.s.
    wollymammoth don't go anywhere you are a ball of usefull information and titbits;):)
    I'm here all week! :pac:

hey Spongebob, I used the Dr. in Cork in March, they were really friendly to deal with and we were done (2 adults, 2 kiddies) in about an hour. They are near Douglas. We then had to go into the city centre to get the x-rays done in Euromedics, they told us the wrong price when we called to book so double check with them, I can't remember the exact amout but it was the bones of €300 for the xrays for the adults and the courier costs. If you are working you can claim back a portion of the cost from the revenue so make sure you get and keep a receipt from both of them. :)

hi,
    rang the doctors in douglas and they quoted me 150 each for the 2 adults and 120 for each of the 3 kids. iam waiting for them to ring back with the appointment date so i can try to arganise the x-rays for the same day if possible.
    so x-rays are about 150 each as well:eek:
    jebus they must be cleaning up at this racket

how did the visa application go for you?
    were you successfull?

Yeah I got some fright when the xray lady gave me the bill, I'm not sure of the exact amount but it was €270 ish for 2 adults for 15 mins work. I challenged her on it because they had told me €80 each on the phone but never mentioned the courier charge. This was actually our 2nd medicals, stupid wagon of an agent told us to get the first lot done before it was requested and we were taken off the CSL so they expired.

We got the 175 perm visa in May 2010 after we applied in Aug 2008, the processing nearly broke my heart, we got caught in all the changes in a bad way. I'd do it all again though if I had to. We are going to validate later this year and then hopefully be out there this time next year. I can't wait :D

If you are at the meds stage you are on the home run :cool: Best of luck with it.

stupid wagon of an agent told us to get the first lot done before it was requested and we were taken off the CSL so they expired.
    ouch! IMMI do advise not to get medicals until you're asked for the, for this very reason. Other perishible items include Garda or police certs.

• Advertisement

ouch! IMMI do advise not to get medicals until you're asked for the, for this very reason. Other perishible items include Garda or police certs.

Oh I know, I had a few choice words I can tell you!

She sent an email saying it was time to get the meds & pc's, we'd paid her a fortune so we naively thought she had been asked by IMMI, apparently at the time it was standard practice to frontload. I suppose I'm a bit of a wagon too, cost me €800 to find that out!!

Anyway, 2 days after we got them done that we were taken off the CSL (feckin DIAC, now there's a shower of messers). It's funny now but at the time it was really upsetting. Its all done with now though and I have the shiny 175 (after waiting 6 mths for Qld sponsorship which also wasn't needed) Ha its just madness, I think its designed like that to make you sure if you really want it.

Yeah I got some fright when the xray lady gave me the bill, I'm not sure of the exact amount but it was €270 ish for 2 adults for 15 mins work. I challenged her on it because they had told me €80 each on the phone but never mentioned the courier charge. This was actually our 2nd medicals, stupid wagon of an agent told us to get the first lot done before it was requested and we were taken off the CSL so they expired.

We got the 175 perm visa in May 2010 after we applied in Aug 2008, the processing nearly broke my heart, we got caught in all the changes in a bad way. I'd do it all again though if I had to. We are going to validate later this year and then hopefully be out there this time next year. I can't wait :D

If you are at the meds stage you are on the home run :cool: Best of luck with it.

yeah i rang the x-ray crowd and he quoted me €80 ea. for the x-rays, he did mention a courier that would be organised between themselves and the belvedere clinic but never mentioned that it would cost me extra.
    meh i will find out on monday;)

Advertisement