Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a venue

• 11-01-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a venue in Dublin to host a birthday party for about 50 people. It's gonna be BYOB and I'd like it to go till at least 2.30. Any sort of room would do, eg art gallery/ warehouse. I've tried a few but they all need it to end earlier.
    Mod's: I've posted here and not party ideas or Dublin forums 'cause I think the regulars here would have a better idea

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

When are you looking to have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

When are you looking to have it?
    The first weekend in Febuary, preferably the Saturday. I should probably add it's my 40th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Hi, I'm looking for a venue in Dublin to host a birthday party for about 50 people. It's gonna be BYOB and I'd like it to go till at least 2.30. Any sort of room would do, eg art gallery/ warehouse. I've tried a few but they all need it to end earlier.
    Mod's: I've posted here and not party ideas or Dublin forums 'cause I think the regulars here would have a better idea

Thanks

At the moment there are a good few pubs at the moment that do free room hire during the week, the idea is they make it back on bar sales. Just an idea! The BYOB however might be a problem for pubs etc.

ironclaw wrote: »
    At the moment there are a good few pubs at the moment that do free room hire during the week, the idea is they make it back on bar sales. Just an idea! The BYOB however might be a problem for pubs etc.
    Hi, some of them are even offering free champagne!
    To be honest, I'm looking to do something a bit different from just renting out a function room/reserving an area in a club. I think if I can get the right place I could make the night extra special. If you go off the beaten track, the guests will be excited, wondering what it'll be like and the atmosphere can get a bit crazier quicker :)

The Basement
    Clarendon House
    Clarendon St, D2

Sunil Sharpe is playing there on Sat and its a BYOB night, so you might be able to negaotiate something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

If you go off the beaten track, the guests will be excited, wondering what it'll be like and the atmosphere can get a bit crazier quicker :)

Which is exactly why venues don't particularly want BYOB nights.

Space54 used to be rentable, but I can't think of a single place that would have a late licence (until 2.30) available to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Which is exactly why venues don't particularly want BYOB nights.

Space54 used to be rentable, but I can't think of a single place that would have a late licence (until 2.30) available to you.

I'm pretty sure there is a law against BYOB at a licensed premises. Then again a few clubs ran with BYOB nights last year. Either way, a pub isn't going to do BYOB without money upfront to cover the loss on the bar.

I'm not sure exactly what your after, but seeing as we're in a bust, you'd probably get a commercial unit for a night. Good sound system, some decor. Whatever your in to :)

The Basement
    Clarendon House
    Clarendon St, D2

Sunil Sharpe is playing there on Sat and its a BYOB night, so you might be able to negaotiate something

Saw that, tried getting a hold of the guy who rents it out, he says its an acting school but for some reason he'd been getting a few queries recently . Decided I'd say no more;)

Tried The Complex and the CFCP, both finish early, The Crypt in Christchurch is mad expensive. The Martello Tower in Sutton, The Morgan and Clarion penthouses, some short stay apartments, all wouldn't take the numbers. Loka boat, too small and The Sanctuary's not interested in private hire. Don't know anyone with a suitable vacant commercial premises.

Looks like I'm gonna go for The Cave in The Good Bits. Seem to be good guys running it these days and they're keen for the business and have put a bit of effort into the place. Can get a good atmosphere there on the right night.

Just make sure you get the right night. A few years ago I went in there with a friend and we got stuck listening to stuff that even Happy Hardcore would be embarassed to be associated with.

We tore into a few of the djs in the smoking area and they haughtily informed us that we were listening to "UK Style Bouncy"

That was back when it was still Radio City though, but still check whats on in the main room for the night you want to book.

"Uk style bouncey" I now have a name for the "music" I had the misfortune to hear in a club in Newcastle once, thanks:)

They can split up the place now so as we have our own entrance down the lane and no access to whatever else is going on. Feels like your own private club.

• Advertisement

Sounds perfect so. Hope its a good night!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Acarocat

hey, did u end up getting that place on a BYOB deal in the end?and were u able to go on all night?

Im looking to do the same on my 30th but same as you, finding a venue is tougher than i thought!

If you did, can you remember who u dealt with there?

Ta...

Advertisement