Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 128-Shogun V Jones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

I just want to see a rematch with Palhares so he can steamroll through Nate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Big fan of Miller and would fancy his chances if he was coming into this fight with a proper training camp. Chance for Nate to re-solidify himself as the gate keeper here also.

Did they just mention who I think they did? :eek:
    Free Chael Sonnen!

:rolleyes:

Nice escape there by Nate from that g/tine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Nate prob gets the nod with round 1 with the last takedown.

Hope it's 1-1 but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

ScareGilly wrote: »
    C'mon Miller, f*cking hate Marquardt..

how can anyone hate Nate, thorough professional, rarely talks smack, been in the game for years and always comes in top shape.

i hope he calls out bisping if he gets the decison though ;)

how can anyone hate Nate, thorough professional, rarely talks smack, been in the game for years and always comes in top shape.

i hope he calls out bisping if he gets the decison though ;)

Never really liked him, but after the Palhares fight, he's just a scumbag in my books. No worse than Paul Daley..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Was hoping to see Marquart win this because he'll be matched with Bisping and destroy him but I think 30-27 is a bit much.

Never really liked him, but after the Palhares fight, he's just a scumbag in my books. No worse than Paul Daley..

can't agree mate, i've seen palhares break legs and hold on way way too long after the tap, seen in cage rage and ufc.

now paul daley i can agree with, he is bad news :)

• Advertisement

I don't see the logic in this. Palhares basically stopped fighting to make silly protests to the ref and got punched in the face.

You think Marquart was greased up or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

After the last fight I'm really enjoying this fight. The Persian chap has come jaw!

can't agree mate, i've seen palhares break legs and hold on way way too long after the tap, seen in cage rage and ufc.

now paul daley i can agree with, he is bad news :)

Holding submissions I don't really have a problem with.. The referee should be there to pull them off the second they tap, when Palhares has held on it was until the ref pulled him off. That's because he's been screwed over by referees before. And I think he has been taught by Bustamante
    who was also screwed because he let go when his opponent tapped, yet the referee continued the fight...
    Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I don't see the logic in this. Palhares basically stopped fighting to make silly protests to the ref and got punched in the face.

You think Marquart was greased up or something?

Palhares stopped fighting, Marquardt saw it and dived on top of him, he saw Palhares turn to the referee, and he jumped at his chance to win and never apoligised. Only difference between him and Paul Daley is Paul Daley's was after the fight imo.. Same as Bisping with the knee recently..

I think that Marquardt took a page from the GSP book of having a bath in Vaseline the night before a fight..

Great defense there, Miller was getting frustated with the sub attempts but his back take was sublime. How easy he locked that body triangle was fantastic

Holding submissions I don't really have a problem with.. The referee should be there to pull them off the second they tap, when Palhares has held on it was until the ref pulled him off. That's because he's been screwed over by referees before. And I think he has been taught by Bustamante
    who was also screwed because he let go when his opponent tapped, yet the referee continued the fight...

Palhares stopped fighting, Marquardt saw it and dived on top of him, he saw Palhares turn to the referee, and he jumped at his chance to win and never apoligised. Only difference between him and Paul Daley is Paul Daley's was after the fight imo.. Same as Bisping with the knee recently..

I think that Marquardt took a page from the GSP book of having a bath in Vaseline the night before a fight..

how about the maia fight when he could have hit an unconscious opponent ?

although i remember an interview with Maia soon after where he said " i was not surprised he did not throw an extra strike, as many times when you are unconscious a follow up strike can wake you " :eek:

i kid you not

Not going to help my Miller 8/1 for Sub of the night. I really think he should be next in line for a title now. His stand up has come on so well in his past 2/3 fights. BOOK IT DANA

Side note, Damian Maia has just put on his twitter that he is fighting Mark Munoz next. Winner gets a title shot ?

how about the maia fight when he could have hit an unconscious opponent ?

although i remember an interview with Maia soon after where he said " i was not surprised he did not throw an extra strike, as many times when you are unconscious a follow up strike can wake you " :eek:

i kid you not

I'd say Paul Daley's done that too... That doesn't make me forget about the suckerpunch. I believe Marquardt suckerpunched Palhares.. But thats just my opinion :rolleyes:

Faber's corner man looks like the Chinese guy from The Hangover.

• Advertisement

Come on Faber then I just need Shogun and I'm going to be a very happy man and William Chandler won't be!

Miller defo deserves a title shot. 7 fights undefeated! That's unbelievable stuff. Maybe because he's so humble that he doesn't get a shot but either way it has to be done!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Side note, Damian Maia has just put on his twitter that he is fighting Mark Munoz next. Winner gets a title shot ?

If Joe Silva smokes some of Rogan's stash maybe.

Maia had a title shot before. It wasn't good. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

conor678 wrote: »
    Come on Faber then I just need Shogun and I'm going to be a very happy man and William Chandler won't be!

Miller defo deserves a title shot. 7 fights undefeated! That's unbelievable stuff. Maybe because he's so humble that he doesn't get a shot but either way it has to be done!

Only 2 men to beat him are Maynard and Edgar!! Really dont think Miller has come on as much as both Maynard and Edgar in the last few years!!

Good first round for Eddie, he looks strong. Glad this is very competitive.

Wineland has taken that round imo. Faber looking weak and that's saying something considering he is a massive 135er.

Finish soon please, have to drop my dad for the 100X at 4:20. Failing that i'll have to walk up after to the bus stop to drive the car home. :(

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Only 2 men to beat him are Maynard and Edgar!! Really dont think Miller has come on as much as both Maynard and Edgar in the last few years!!

I contend that. If there's talk of Siver, Guida and Sodoropolous getting a tittle shot then why not Miller. The only men to beat him are the top contenders. A tittle shot is well on the cards for him. Even more so then Guida

• Advertisement

Just too quick for Eddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

29-28 Faber, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Here we go :)

Crap co-main event really. Never been a fan of Faber. He couldn't get out of the 145 division quick enough when he saw what Aldo can do.

Now this should be a fun fight...

conor678 wrote: »
    I contend that. If there's talk of Siver, Guida and Sodoropolous getting a tittle shot then why not Miller. The only men to beat him are the top contenders. A tittle shot is well on the cards for him. Even more so then Guida

Suppose your right with that point but i really dont think Miller could do much, if anything, against either Maynard or Edgar!! Guida is in the same situation in the fact that both the top 2 are so much better than him at anything that he does well!! Siver, Sotiropoulos and Pettis at least offer a different proposition to the same old wrestler training to be striker the last 5 years that the likes of Guida and Miller are going to offer!!

• Advertisement

This is going to be such an epic ITTTTTTTTT'S TIMMMMMMMEEEEE

G'wan Shogun!

Shogun KO - 1st or 2nd round

Come on Shogun!

Lets go Bones!!!!!

Just get in the octagon so the wrecking machine can roll over ya.

Shogun 1st round KO!! This is gonna be AWESOME!!

Shogun's entrance music would be right at home in the Eurovision.

Ghastly.

Shogun should've walked out to the Pride theme..

Oontze oontze oontze! Nearly as good as Wand with that mad cheesey 90s tune that I can't remember the name of.

I bet Shogun needed to take a huge dump about 20 minutes ago. If Jones isn't too emotional (he looks a bit) then Shogun is really in for it.

• Advertisement

8.5" reach advantage. That's just crazy.

Shogun needs to keep him in the pocket while standing up negate the reach. Hurt him and then TKO on the ground.

Not a half confident start :eek:

Shogun's fúcked.

Hope Shogun can recoup. Not looking good.

Shogun is ball-bagged!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just a matter of time before Jones wins this.

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Shogun is ball-bagged!!

Ball bagged? :pac:

I like Shogun but Jones looks like he's on another planet. Fair play to Shogun for still being alive since ten minutes ago.

• Advertisement

Just too good that kid. Nothing else to be said. A phenom. Sheer class. Too easy. Just made fùcking Shogun look like a scrub ffs.

<3 Bones

Advertisement